Medical billing & coding is a field that plays an important role in the medical profession, specifically within a medical office. This article gives you some general information about medical billing & coding schools in Wisconsin as well as some insight into the career.
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Wisconsin
If you know you want a career in medical billing & coding, the first step is finding an accredited school, particularly one accredited by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Accreditation is often a requirement if you wish to become certified. As medical billing & coding student, you’ll take courses in insurance billing, electronic health records, medical terminology, ICD-9-CM and CPT coding and will complete at internship in a real working environment. The Education News indicates there are more than a dozen schools in Wisconsin that offer medical billing & coding programs.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Wisconsin
- Discover how you could play a part in the growing healthcare industry at Keiser U
- Cover healthcare leadership, marketing, public policy, healthcare finance & more
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Associate of Science in Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Medical biller and coders are not required to be certified in Wisconsin, however, voluntary certification is a way to demonstrate knowledge of billing & coding and also improve your earning potential. The AHIMA and AAPC both offer several certifications for medical billers and coders. To earn the credential, the student must pass a certification exam.
Salaries for a Medical Biller and Coder in Wisconsin
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, medical biller and coders working in Wisconsin earned an annual average wage of $37,320 as of May 2013, a figure very consistent with that of the nation average wage. The APPC indicates that wages go up substantially for individuals who have multiple certifications. In fact, they stated that medical biller and coders with the Certified Professional Coder certification were earning around $46,000 in 2012.
List of Wisconsin Medical Billing Coding School Programs
The following Wisconsin schools offer medical billing & coding training programs that result in either certificates, diplomas or degrees.
Medical Coding Specialist Certificate – 9 months - Blackhawk Technical College – Janesville, WI
Health Information Technology Associate Degree – 2 years - Chippewa Valley Technical College – Eau Claire, WI
Medical Coding Specialist Certificate – 5 months - Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, WI
Medical Coding Specialist Diploma – 3 semesters - Western Technical College – La Crosse, WI
Insurance Billing and Coding Specialist Diploma – 48 weeks - Herzing University – Madison, WI
Insurance Billing and Coding Specialist Associate Degree – 2 years – Herzing University- Madison, WI
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Wisconsin
|Anthem College – Milwaukee||440 S Executive Drive, Suite 200|
Brookfield, WI 53005
|Blackhawk Technical College||6004 S County Road |
G Janesville, WI 53546-9458
|Fox Valley Technical College||1825 N. Bluemound Drive |
Appleton, WI 54912-2277
|Herzing University – Madison||525 North Sixth Street |
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53203
|Lakeshore Technical College||1290 North Avenue |
Cleveland, Wisconsin 53015
|Madison Area Technical College||1701 Wright Street | |
Madison, Wisconsin 53704
|Mid-State Technical College||401 North Main Street|
Adams, WI 53910
|Milwaukee Area Technical College||700 W. State Street, |
Milwaukee WI. 53233
|Northcentral Technical College||1000 W. Campus Drive |
Wausau, WI 54401
|Northeast Wisconsin Technical College||2740 W Mason St, |
Green Bay, WI 54307
|Sanford-Brown College – West Allis||6737 W Washington St, |
Milwaukee, WI 53214
|Southwest Wisconsin Technical College||1800 Bronson Boulevard|
Fennimore, WI 53809
|Waukesha County Technical College||800 Main Street,|
Pewaukee, WI 53072