Medical billing & coding is a field that plays an important role in the medical profession, specifically within a medical office. This article gives you some general information about medical billing & coding schools in Wisconsin as well as some insight into the career.
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Wisconsin
If you know you want a career in medical billing & coding, the first step is finding an accredited school, particularly one accredited by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Accreditation is often a requirement if you wish to become certified. As medical billing & coding student, you’ll take courses in insurance billing, electronic health records, medical terminology, ICD-9-CM and CPT coding and will complete at internship in a real working environment. The Education News indicates there are more than a dozen schools in Wisconsin that offer medical billing & coding programs.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Wisconsin
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration and Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Care Administration - D.B.A.
- Health Care Administration - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Medical biller and coders are not required to be certified in Wisconsin, however, voluntary certification is a way to demonstrate knowledge of billing & coding and also improve your earning potential. The AHIMA and AAPC both offer several certifications for medical billers and coders. To earn the credential, the student must pass a certification exam.
Salaries for a Medical Biller and Coder in Wisconsin
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, medical biller and coders working in Wisconsin earned an annual average wage of $37,320 as of May 2013, a figure very consistent with that of the nation average wage. The APPC indicates that wages go up substantially for individuals who have multiple certifications. In fact, they stated that medical biller and coders with the Certified Professional Coder certification were earning around $46,000 in 2012.
List of Wisconsin Medical Billing Coding School Programs
The following Wisconsin schools offer medical billing & coding training programs that result in either certificates, diplomas or degrees.
Medical Coding Specialist Certificate – 9 months - Blackhawk Technical College – Janesville, WI
Health Information Technology Associate Degree – 2 years - Chippewa Valley Technical College – Eau Claire, WI
Medical Coding Specialist Certificate – 5 months - Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, WI
Medical Coding Specialist Diploma – 3 semesters - Western Technical College – La Crosse, WI
Insurance Billing and Coding Specialist Diploma – 48 weeks - Herzing University – Madison, WI
Insurance Billing and Coding Specialist Associate Degree – 2 years – Herzing University- Madison, WI
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Wisconsin
|Anthem College – Milwaukee||440 S Executive Drive, Suite 200|
Brookfield, WI 53005
|Blackhawk Technical College||6004 S County Road |
G Janesville, WI 53546-9458
|Fox Valley Technical College||1825 N. Bluemound Drive |
Appleton, WI 54912-2277
|Herzing University – Madison||525 North Sixth Street |
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53203
|Lakeshore Technical College||1290 North Avenue |
Cleveland, Wisconsin 53015
|Madison Area Technical College||1701 Wright Street | |
Madison, Wisconsin 53704
|Mid-State Technical College||401 North Main Street|
Adams, WI 53910
|Milwaukee Area Technical College||700 W. State Street, |
Milwaukee WI. 53233
|Northcentral Technical College||1000 W. Campus Drive |
Wausau, WI 54401
|Northeast Wisconsin Technical College||2740 W Mason St, |
Green Bay, WI 54307
|Sanford-Brown College – West Allis||6737 W Washington St, |
Milwaukee, WI 53214
|Southwest Wisconsin Technical College||1800 Bronson Boulevard|
Fennimore, WI 53809
|Waukesha County Technical College||800 Main Street,|
Pewaukee, WI 53072