Medical billing & coding is a field that plays an important role in the medical profession, specifically within a medical office. This article gives you some general information about medical billing & coding schools in Wisconsin as well as some insight into the career.
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Wisconsin
If you know you want a career in medical billing & coding, the first step is finding an accredited school, particularly one accredited by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Accreditation is often a requirement if you wish to become certified. As medical billing & coding student, you’ll take courses in insurance billing, electronic health records, medical terminology, ICD-9-CM and CPT coding and will complete at internship in a real working environment. The Education News indicates there are more than a dozen schools in Wisconsin that offer medical billing & coding programs.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Wisconsin
- Medical Coding and Billing
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
- And more...
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
- Online MHA Concentration in Population Management
- Online MHA Concentration in Senior Services
- Online General MHA
- And more...
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Business Administration: Healthcare Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
Medical biller and coders are not required to be certified in Wisconsin, however, voluntary certification is a way to demonstrate knowledge of billing & coding and also improve your earning potential. The AHIMA and AAPC both offer several certifications for medical billers and coders. To earn the credential, the student must pass a certification exam.
Salaries for a Medical Biller and Coder in Wisconsin
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, medical biller and coders working in Wisconsin earned an annual average wage of $37,320 as of May 2013, a figure very consistent with that of the nation average wage. The APPC indicates that wages go up substantially for individuals who have multiple certifications. In fact, they stated that medical biller and coders with the Certified Professional Coder certification were earning around $46,000 in 2012.
List of Wisconsin Medical Billing Coding School Programs
The following Wisconsin schools offer medical billing & coding training programs that result in either certificates, diplomas or degrees.
Medical Coding Specialist Certificate – 9 months - Blackhawk Technical College – Janesville, WI
Health Information Technology Associate Degree – 2 years - Chippewa Valley Technical College – Eau Claire, WI
Medical Coding Specialist Certificate – 5 months - Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, WI
Medical Coding Specialist Diploma – 3 semesters - Western Technical College – La Crosse, WI
Insurance Billing and Coding Specialist Diploma – 48 weeks - Herzing University – Madison, WI
Insurance Billing and Coding Specialist Associate Degree – 2 years – Herzing University- Madison, WI
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Wisconsin
|Anthem College – Milwaukee||440 S Executive Drive, Suite 200|
Brookfield, WI 53005
|Blackhawk Technical College||6004 S County Road |
G Janesville, WI 53546-9458
|Fox Valley Technical College||1825 N. Bluemound Drive |
Appleton, WI 54912-2277
|Herzing University – Madison||525 North Sixth Street |
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53203
|Lakeshore Technical College||1290 North Avenue |
Cleveland, Wisconsin 53015
|Madison Area Technical College||1701 Wright Street | |
Madison, Wisconsin 53704
|Mid-State Technical College||401 North Main Street|
Adams, WI 53910
|Milwaukee Area Technical College||700 W. State Street, |
Milwaukee WI. 53233
|Northcentral Technical College||1000 W. Campus Drive |
Wausau, WI 54401
|Northeast Wisconsin Technical College||2740 W Mason St, |
Green Bay, WI 54307
|Sanford-Brown College – West Allis||6737 W Washington St, |
Milwaukee, WI 53214
|Southwest Wisconsin Technical College||1800 Bronson Boulevard|
Fennimore, WI 53809
|Waukesha County Technical College||800 Main Street,|
Pewaukee, WI 53072