Medical billing & coding is a field that plays an important role in the medical profession, specifically within a medical office. This article gives you some general information about medical billing & coding schools in Wisconsin as well as some insight into the career.
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Wisconsin
If you know you want a career in medical billing & coding, the first step is finding an accredited school, particularly one accredited by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Accreditation is often a requirement if you wish to become certified. As medical billing & coding student, you’ll take courses in insurance billing, electronic health records, medical terminology, ICD-9-CM and CPT coding and will complete at internship in a real working environment. The Education News indicates there are more than a dozen schools in Wisconsin that offer medical billing & coding programs.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Wisconsin
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Health Care Management
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems / Computer Networking
Medical biller and coders are not required to be certified in Wisconsin, however, voluntary certification is a way to demonstrate knowledge of billing & coding and also improve your earning potential. The AHIMA and AAPC both offer several certifications for medical billers and coders. To earn the credential, the student must pass a certification exam.
Salaries for a Medical Biller and Coder in Wisconsin
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, medical biller and coders working in Wisconsin earned an annual average wage of $37,320 as of May 2013, a figure very consistent with that of the nation average wage. The APPC indicates that wages go up substantially for individuals who have multiple certifications. In fact, they stated that medical biller and coders with the Certified Professional Coder certification were earning around $46,000 in 2012.
List of Wisconsin Medical Billing Coding School Programs
The following Wisconsin schools offer medical billing & coding training programs that result in either certificates, diplomas or degrees.
Medical Coding Specialist Certificate – 9 months - Blackhawk Technical College – Janesville, WI
Health Information Technology Associate Degree – 2 years - Chippewa Valley Technical College – Eau Claire, WI
Medical Coding Specialist Certificate – 5 months - Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, WI
Medical Coding Specialist Diploma – 3 semesters - Western Technical College – La Crosse, WI
Insurance Billing and Coding Specialist Diploma – 48 weeks - Herzing University – Madison, WI
Insurance Billing and Coding Specialist Associate Degree – 2 years – Herzing University- Madison, WI
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Wisconsin
|Anthem College – Milwaukee||440 S Executive Drive, Suite 200|
Brookfield, WI 53005
|Blackhawk Technical College||6004 S County Road |
G Janesville, WI 53546-9458
|Fox Valley Technical College||1825 N. Bluemound Drive |
Appleton, WI 54912-2277
|Herzing University – Madison||525 North Sixth Street |
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53203
|Lakeshore Technical College||1290 North Avenue |
Cleveland, Wisconsin 53015
|Madison Area Technical College||1701 Wright Street | |
Madison, Wisconsin 53704
|Mid-State Technical College||401 North Main Street|
Adams, WI 53910
|Milwaukee Area Technical College||700 W. State Street, |
Milwaukee WI. 53233
|Northcentral Technical College||1000 W. Campus Drive |
Wausau, WI 54401
|Northeast Wisconsin Technical College||2740 W Mason St, |
Green Bay, WI 54307
|Sanford-Brown College – West Allis||6737 W Washington St, |
Milwaukee, WI 53214
|Southwest Wisconsin Technical College||1800 Bronson Boulevard|
Fennimore, WI 53809
|Waukesha County Technical College||800 Main Street,|
Pewaukee, WI 53072