For a steady career with growing employment opportunities, medical billing & coding is a great path to pursue. By gaining an accredited education at a good school, followed by earning certification, medical billers and coders can enter the field to get started. The following information is a guide on what to expect in West Virginia.
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in West Virginia
There are a multitude of accredited schools in West Virginia that offer training and programs to help individuals earn a medical billing & coding degree. Those various degree programs are available at the following institutions: Huntington Junior College in Huntington; Opportunities Industrialization Center in Fairmont; Everest Institute in Cross Lanes; West Virginia Junior College in Morgantown; and Mountain State University in Beckley.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School West Virginia
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Health Information Management - Associate's
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Informatics Specialization
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, Marketing, and more.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with multiple concentrations
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Concentrations help students tailor their education for the career they want
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Health Care Management
To pursue medical billing & coding certification in West Virginia, individuals are allowed to go at their own pace. The first requirement is to either have successfully completed a two year accredited program in medical billing & coding, or have accumulated at least two years of work experience in the field. Once this obligation has been met, a person will be able to sit and take the basic medical billing certificate exam for West Virginia. The organizations that offer certification are the AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association); the PAHCS (Professional Association of Healthcare Coding Specialists; and the AACP (American Academy of Professional Coders).
Salaries For Medical Biller And Coder In West Virginia
For those who are medical billers and coders in West Virginia, the following salary can be expected. In the lower range is from $24,162 to $33,285, with a median of $$28,818. The next range is $25,343 to $34,911, with a median of $30,226. And finally is a range between $26,584 and $36,621, with a median of $31,706. Actual salary will vary, based on additional factors such as experience and work location.
List Of West Virginia Medical Billing Coding School Programs
A variety of certificates and degrees can be the foundation for a professional career in medical billing & coding. The available programs for training are as follows: Medical Billing and Coding; Medical Insurance Billing & Coding; Medical Office Billing Specialist Diploma; Electronic Health Records Office Professional Certificate; and a Professional Medical Coding & Billing Certificate.
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in West Virginia
|CET – Alexandria||6295 Edsall Road Plaza 500, Suite 220|
Alexandria, VA 22312
|Career Training Solutions||10304 Spotsylvania Ave.|
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
|Centura College||4455 South Blvd., |
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
|Everest College – Chesapeake||825 Greenbrier Circle #100|
Chesapeake, VA 23320
|Everest Institute – Cross Lanes||5514 Big Tyler Road|
Cross Lanes, WV 25313
|Everest College – Newport News||803 Diligence Dr.|
Newport News, VA 23606
|Everest College – Tysons Corner||8620 Westwood Center |
Drive Vienna, VA 22182
|Huntington Junior College||900 Fifth Avenue, |
Huntington WV 25701
|Mountwest Community and Technical College||One Mountwest Way|
Huntington, WV 25701
|National College||110 Park Center Drive, |
Parkersburg, WV 26101
|Opportunities Industrialization Center – |
North Central West Virginia
|120 Jackson Street, |
Fairmont, WV 26554
|Richmond School of Health and Technology||751 West Hundred Road|
Chester, VA 23836
|Ross Medical Education Center||5707 MacCorkle Ave, SE, Suite 20|
Charleston, West Virginia 25304
|West Virginia Junior College||176 Thompson Drive|
Bridgeport, WV 26330