For a steady career with growing employment opportunities, medical billing & coding is a great path to pursue. By gaining an accredited education at a good school, followed by earning certification, medical billers and coders can enter the field to get started. The following information is a guide on what to expect in West Virginia.
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in West Virginia
There are a multitude of accredited schools in West Virginia that offer training and programs to help individuals earn a medical billing & coding degree. Those various degree programs are available at the following institutions: Huntington Junior College in Huntington; Opportunities Industrialization Center in Fairmont; Everest Institute in Cross Lanes; West Virginia Junior College in Morgantown; and Mountain State University in Beckley.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School West Virginia
- Discover how you could play a part in the growing healthcare industry at Keiser U
- Cover healthcare leadership, marketing, public policy, healthcare finance & more
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Associate of Science in Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
- And more...
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
To pursue medical billing & coding certification in West Virginia, individuals are allowed to go at their own pace. The first requirement is to either have successfully completed a two year accredited program in medical billing & coding, or have accumulated at least two years of work experience in the field. Once this obligation has been met, a person will be able to sit and take the basic medical billing certificate exam for West Virginia. The organizations that offer certification are the AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association); the PAHCS (Professional Association of Healthcare Coding Specialists; and the AACP (American Academy of Professional Coders).
Salaries For Medical Biller And Coder In West Virginia
For those who are medical billers and coders in West Virginia, the following salary can be expected. In the lower range is from $24,162 to $33,285, with a median of $$28,818. The next range is $25,343 to $34,911, with a median of $30,226. And finally is a range between $26,584 and $36,621, with a median of $31,706. Actual salary will vary, based on additional factors such as experience and work location.
List Of West Virginia Medical Billing Coding School Programs
A variety of certificates and degrees can be the foundation for a professional career in medical billing & coding. The available programs for training are as follows: Medical Billing and Coding; Medical Insurance Billing & Coding; Medical Office Billing Specialist Diploma; Electronic Health Records Office Professional Certificate; and a Professional Medical Coding & Billing Certificate.
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in West Virginia
|CET – Alexandria||6295 Edsall Road Plaza 500, Suite 220|
Alexandria, VA 22312
|Career Training Solutions||10304 Spotsylvania Ave.|
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
|Centura College||4455 South Blvd., |
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
|Everest College – Chesapeake||825 Greenbrier Circle #100|
Chesapeake, VA 23320
|Everest Institute – Cross Lanes||5514 Big Tyler Road|
Cross Lanes, WV 25313
|Everest College – Newport News||803 Diligence Dr.|
Newport News, VA 23606
|Everest College – Tysons Corner||8620 Westwood Center |
Drive Vienna, VA 22182
|Huntington Junior College||900 Fifth Avenue, |
Huntington WV 25701
|Mountwest Community and Technical College||One Mountwest Way|
Huntington, WV 25701
|National College||110 Park Center Drive, |
Parkersburg, WV 26101
|Opportunities Industrialization Center – |
North Central West Virginia
|120 Jackson Street, |
Fairmont, WV 26554
|Richmond School of Health and Technology||751 West Hundred Road|
Chester, VA 23836
|Ross Medical Education Center||5707 MacCorkle Ave, SE, Suite 20|
Charleston, West Virginia 25304
|West Virginia Junior College||176 Thompson Drive|
Bridgeport, WV 26330