For a steady career with growing employment opportunities, medical billing & coding is a great path to pursue. By gaining an accredited education at a good school, followed by earning certification, medical billers and coders can enter the field to get started. The following information is a guide on what to expect in West Virginia.
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in West Virginia
There are a multitude of accredited schools in West Virginia that offer training and programs to help individuals earn a medical billing & coding degree. Those various degree programs are available at the following institutions: Huntington Junior College in Huntington; Opportunities Industrialization Center in Fairmont; Everest Institute in Cross Lanes; West Virginia Junior College in Morgantown; and Mountain State University in Beckley.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School West Virginia
- Medical Coding and Billing
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Billing and Coding - Diploma
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
- And more...
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Health Information Management - Associate's
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Business Administration: Healthcare Management
To pursue medical billing & coding certification in West Virginia, individuals are allowed to go at their own pace. The first requirement is to either have successfully completed a two year accredited program in medical billing & coding, or have accumulated at least two years of work experience in the field. Once this obligation has been met, a person will be able to sit and take the basic medical billing certificate exam for West Virginia. The organizations that offer certification are the AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association); the PAHCS (Professional Association of Healthcare Coding Specialists; and the AACP (American Academy of Professional Coders).
Salaries For Medical Biller And Coder In West Virginia
For those who are medical billers and coders in West Virginia, the following salary can be expected. In the lower range is from $24,162 to $33,285, with a median of $$28,818. The next range is $25,343 to $34,911, with a median of $30,226. And finally is a range between $26,584 and $36,621, with a median of $31,706. Actual salary will vary, based on additional factors such as experience and work location.
List Of West Virginia Medical Billing Coding School Programs
A variety of certificates and degrees can be the foundation for a professional career in medical billing & coding. The available programs for training are as follows: Medical Billing and Coding; Medical Insurance Billing & Coding; Medical Office Billing Specialist Diploma; Electronic Health Records Office Professional Certificate; and a Professional Medical Coding & Billing Certificate.
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in West Virginia
|CET – Alexandria||6295 Edsall Road Plaza 500, Suite 220|
Alexandria, VA 22312
|Career Training Solutions||10304 Spotsylvania Ave.|
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
|Centura College||4455 South Blvd., |
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
|Everest College – Chesapeake||825 Greenbrier Circle #100|
Chesapeake, VA 23320
|Everest Institute – Cross Lanes||5514 Big Tyler Road|
Cross Lanes, WV 25313
|Everest College – Newport News||803 Diligence Dr.|
Newport News, VA 23606
|Everest College – Tysons Corner||8620 Westwood Center |
Drive Vienna, VA 22182
|Huntington Junior College||900 Fifth Avenue, |
Huntington WV 25701
|Mountwest Community and Technical College||One Mountwest Way|
Huntington, WV 25701
|National College||110 Park Center Drive, |
Parkersburg, WV 26101
|Opportunities Industrialization Center – |
North Central West Virginia
|120 Jackson Street, |
Fairmont, WV 26554
|Richmond School of Health and Technology||751 West Hundred Road|
Chester, VA 23836
|Ross Medical Education Center||5707 MacCorkle Ave, SE, Suite 20|
Charleston, West Virginia 25304
|West Virginia Junior College||176 Thompson Drive|
Bridgeport, WV 26330