For a steady career with growing employment opportunities, medical billing & coding is a great path to pursue. By gaining an accredited education at a good school, followed by earning certification, medical billers and coders can enter the field to get started. The following information is a guide on what to expect in West Virginia.
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in West Virginia
There are a multitude of accredited schools in West Virginia that offer training and programs to help individuals earn a medical billing & coding degree. Those various degree programs are available at the following institutions: Huntington Junior College in Huntington; Opportunities Industrialization Center in Fairmont; Everest Institute in Cross Lanes; West Virginia Junior College in Morgantown; and Mountain State University in Beckley.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School West Virginia
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Coding and Billing
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Health Information Management - Associate's
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
Study for your graduate education with University of Illinois at Chicago. We offer master’s degree and post-master’s certificate programs in health informatics that can be completed 100% online.
- Master of Science in Health Informatics
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Health Care Management
To pursue medical billing & coding certification in West Virginia, individuals are allowed to go at their own pace. The first requirement is to either have successfully completed a two year accredited program in medical billing & coding, or have accumulated at least two years of work experience in the field. Once this obligation has been met, a person will be able to sit and take the basic medical billing certificate exam for West Virginia. The organizations that offer certification are the AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association); the PAHCS (Professional Association of Healthcare Coding Specialists; and the AACP (American Academy of Professional Coders).
Salaries For Medical Biller And Coder In West Virginia
For those who are medical billers and coders in West Virginia, the following salary can be expected. In the lower range is from $24,162 to $33,285, with a median of $$28,818. The next range is $25,343 to $34,911, with a median of $30,226. And finally is a range between $26,584 and $36,621, with a median of $31,706. Actual salary will vary, based on additional factors such as experience and work location.
List Of West Virginia Medical Billing Coding School Programs
A variety of certificates and degrees can be the foundation for a professional career in medical billing & coding. The available programs for training are as follows: Medical Billing and Coding; Medical Insurance Billing & Coding; Medical Office Billing Specialist Diploma; Electronic Health Records Office Professional Certificate; and a Professional Medical Coding & Billing Certificate.
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in West Virginia
|CET – Alexandria||6295 Edsall Road Plaza 500, Suite 220|
Alexandria, VA 22312
|Career Training Solutions||10304 Spotsylvania Ave.|
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
|Centura College||4455 South Blvd., |
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
|Everest College – Chesapeake||825 Greenbrier Circle #100|
Chesapeake, VA 23320
|Everest Institute – Cross Lanes||5514 Big Tyler Road|
Cross Lanes, WV 25313
|Everest College – Newport News||803 Diligence Dr.|
Newport News, VA 23606
|Everest College – Tysons Corner||8620 Westwood Center |
Drive Vienna, VA 22182
|Huntington Junior College||900 Fifth Avenue, |
Huntington WV 25701
|Mountwest Community and Technical College||One Mountwest Way|
Huntington, WV 25701
|National College||110 Park Center Drive, |
Parkersburg, WV 26101
|Opportunities Industrialization Center – |
North Central West Virginia
|120 Jackson Street, |
Fairmont, WV 26554
|Richmond School of Health and Technology||751 West Hundred Road|
Chester, VA 23836
|Ross Medical Education Center||5707 MacCorkle Ave, SE, Suite 20|
Charleston, West Virginia 25304
|West Virginia Junior College||176 Thompson Drive|
Bridgeport, WV 26330