For a steady career with growing employment opportunities, medical billing & coding is a great path to pursue. By gaining an accredited education at a good school, followed by earning certification, medical billers and coders can enter the field to get started. The following information is a guide on what to expect in West Virginia.
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in West Virginia
There are a multitude of accredited schools in West Virginia that offer training and programs to help individuals earn a medical billing & coding degree. Those various degree programs are available at the following institutions: Huntington Junior College in Huntington; Opportunities Industrialization Center in Fairmont; Everest Institute in Cross Lanes; West Virginia Junior College in Morgantown; and Mountain State University in Beckley.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School West Virginia
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Health Care Management
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Care Administration - D.B.A.
- Health Care Administration - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- And more...
- Are You a Natural Leader or Good with Numbers? Get Educated in the Business Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Business Administration & Management, Accounting, Marketing Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
To pursue medical billing & coding certification in West Virginia, individuals are allowed to go at their own pace. The first requirement is to either have successfully completed a two year accredited program in medical billing & coding, or have accumulated at least two years of work experience in the field. Once this obligation has been met, a person will be able to sit and take the basic medical billing certificate exam for West Virginia. The organizations that offer certification are the AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association); the PAHCS (Professional Association of Healthcare Coding Specialists; and the AACP (American Academy of Professional Coders).
Salaries For Medical Biller And Coder In West Virginia
For those who are medical billers and coders in West Virginia, the following salary can be expected. In the lower range is from $24,162 to $33,285, with a median of $$28,818. The next range is $25,343 to $34,911, with a median of $30,226. And finally is a range between $26,584 and $36,621, with a median of $31,706. Actual salary will vary, based on additional factors such as experience and work location.
List Of West Virginia Medical Billing Coding School Programs
A variety of certificates and degrees can be the foundation for a professional career in medical billing & coding. The available programs for training are as follows: Medical Billing and Coding; Medical Insurance Billing & Coding; Medical Office Billing Specialist Diploma; Electronic Health Records Office Professional Certificate; and a Professional Medical Coding & Billing Certificate.
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in West Virginia
|CET – Alexandria||6295 Edsall Road Plaza 500, Suite 220|
Alexandria, VA 22312
|Career Training Solutions||10304 Spotsylvania Ave.|
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
|Centura College||4455 South Blvd., |
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
|Everest College – Chesapeake||825 Greenbrier Circle #100|
Chesapeake, VA 23320
|Everest Institute – Cross Lanes||5514 Big Tyler Road|
Cross Lanes, WV 25313
|Everest College – Newport News||803 Diligence Dr.|
Newport News, VA 23606
|Everest College – Tysons Corner||8620 Westwood Center |
Drive Vienna, VA 22182
|Huntington Junior College||900 Fifth Avenue, |
Huntington WV 25701
|Mountwest Community and Technical College||One Mountwest Way|
Huntington, WV 25701
|National College||110 Park Center Drive, |
Parkersburg, WV 26101
|Opportunities Industrialization Center – |
North Central West Virginia
|120 Jackson Street, |
Fairmont, WV 26554
|Richmond School of Health and Technology||751 West Hundred Road|
Chester, VA 23836
|Ross Medical Education Center||5707 MacCorkle Ave, SE, Suite 20|
Charleston, West Virginia 25304
|West Virginia Junior College||176 Thompson Drive|
Bridgeport, WV 26330