Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Virginia
Selecting and attending a college, university, career, technical or trade school that is accredited is the most important decision to make in your education. Accreditation means the schools have taken the necessary steps to provide the best educational programs. It means the education and training you receive meets the principals and standards set by independent agencies. Most employers will not recognize certificates or degrees received from a non-accredited higher education institution. In most cases, credit hours received from classes that are successfully completed are eligible for transfer towards degrees as long as they classes were taken at an accredited institution.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School VA
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Health Information Management - Associate's
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Electronic Health Records - Associate of Occupational Science
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
- Online MHA Concentration in Population Management
- Online MHA Concentration in Senior Services
- Online General MHA
- And more...
Founded in 2003, IAU College of Medicine is located in the heart of the Caribbean Islands in Vieux Fort, St. Lucia, West Indies. IAU College of Medicine is chartered and accredited by the Government of Saint Lucia as a comprehensive university with the authority to confer the Doctor of Medicine degree.
- MD-Basic Sciences
- MD-Clinical Sciences
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, Marketing, and more.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
The state of Virginia does not require medical billing & coding technicians to receive formal certification in order to work. However, employers do require proper training to be completed prior to employment. In 1988, Advancing the Business of Healthcare was established to provide the standards in education and certification for medical billing & coding professionals. Advancing the Business of Healthcare goes beyond education and certification; they provide continued education, job opportunities, networking and resourcing. Medical billing & coding technicians who complete the required training and seek certification demonstrate they have gone above and beyond the standard education in order to be the very best in their field.
Salaries for Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding Programs in Virginia
According to salaries.com, salary ranges for medical billing & coding positions are both above and below the national average, depending on the geographical area of the state. The variation in salaries is based on population and the general market competiveness. The following is a breakdown of the median salary ranges for both medical billing & coding positions.
Medical Billing – Above National Average
• Northern Virginia area (Alexandria, Annandale, Centreville, Reston) - $38,010
• Richmond and Petersburg area - $34,523
Medical Billing – Below National Average
• Virginia Beach area (Chesapeake, Suffolk) - $31,792
• Lynchburg - $30,494
• Roanoke - $31,479
Medical Coding - Above National Average
• Northern Virginia area (Alexandria, Annandale, Centreville, Reston) - $51 297
• Richmond and Petersburg area - $46,591
Medical Coding – Below National Average
• Virginia Beach area (Chesapeake, Suffolk) - $37,281
• Lynchburg - $41,154
• Roanoke - $42,483
List of Medical Billing and Coding Programs in Virginia
Career Training Solutions
Grand Canyon University
Miller-Motte Technical College
Mountain State University
Northern Virginia Community College
Richmond School of Health and Technology
Sanford Brown Institute
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Virginia
|Northern Virginia Community College||6699 Springfield Center Dr, |
Springfield, VA 22150
|Stratford University||7777 Leesburg Pike,|
Falls Church, VA 22043