Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Virginia
Selecting and attending a college, university, career, technical or trade school that is accredited is the most important decision to make in your education. Accreditation means the schools have taken the necessary steps to provide the best educational programs. It means the education and training you receive meets the principals and standards set by independent agencies. Most employers will not recognize certificates or degrees received from a non-accredited higher education institution. In most cases, credit hours received from classes that are successfully completed are eligible for transfer towards degrees as long as they classes were taken at an accredited institution.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School VA
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Health Information Management
- Master of Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
The state of Virginia does not require medical billing & coding technicians to receive formal certification in order to work. However, employers do require proper training to be completed prior to employment. In 1988, Advancing the Business of Healthcare was established to provide the standards in education and certification for medical billing & coding professionals. Advancing the Business of Healthcare goes beyond education and certification; they provide continued education, job opportunities, networking and resourcing. Medical billing & coding technicians who complete the required training and seek certification demonstrate they have gone above and beyond the standard education in order to be the very best in their field.
Salaries for Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding Programs in Virginia
According to salaries.com, salary ranges for medical billing & coding positions are both above and below the national average, depending on the geographical area of the state. The variation in salaries is based on population and the general market competiveness. The following is a breakdown of the median salary ranges for both medical billing & coding positions.
Medical Billing – Above National Average
• Northern Virginia area (Alexandria, Annandale, Centreville, Reston) - $38,010
• Richmond and Petersburg area - $34,523
Medical Billing – Below National Average
• Virginia Beach area (Chesapeake, Suffolk) - $31,792
• Lynchburg - $30,494
• Roanoke - $31,479
Medical Coding - Above National Average
• Northern Virginia area (Alexandria, Annandale, Centreville, Reston) - $51 297
• Richmond and Petersburg area - $46,591
Medical Coding – Below National Average
• Virginia Beach area (Chesapeake, Suffolk) - $37,281
• Lynchburg - $41,154
• Roanoke - $42,483
List of Medical Billing and Coding Programs in Virginia
Career Training Solutions
Grand Canyon University
Miller-Motte Technical College
Mountain State University
Northern Virginia Community College
Richmond School of Health and Technology
Sanford Brown Institute
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Virginia
|Northern Virginia Community College||6699 Springfield Center Dr, |
Springfield, VA 22150
|Stratford University||7777 Leesburg Pike,|
Falls Church, VA 22043