Medical billing & coding is a field that’s growing more each year with most hospitals using electronic billing. If you’re interested in becoming a medical billing & coding specialist in Vermont, continue reading and get the important facts.
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Vermont
Graduating from an accredited medical billing & coding school can be very important when looking for a job or pursuing certification. In fact, it’s a requirement for certain certifications. The two accredited agencies that are the most recognized are the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Medical billing & coding schools often offer programs that result in certificates or degrees upon completion. Students in these programs complete several courses, including medical terminology, medical claims, coding and insurance billing. The programs generally also require that the student complete an externship.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Vermont
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration and Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Care Administration - D.B.A.
- Health Care Administration - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- And more...
Vermont medical billers and coders are not required to have certification. However, voluntary certification is a way to demonstrate knowledge of this field and can also enhance your earning potential. Once you’ve completed your training and/or obtained some work experience, you can obtain certification from the AHIMA or the AAPC. To become certified, you must pass a certification exam for each credential you wish to earn.
Salaries for a Medical Biller and Coders in Vermont
Salaries for medical billers and coder in Vermont range in the $30,000s, depending on the location. According to Salary.com, medical billers and coders working in Rutland earned an average annual wage of $33,373 as of May 2014 while those in South Burlington earned $32,071. Other factors that may affect earnings include level of training, work experience and number of certifications obtained. As of May 2013, there were about 370 medical records and health information technicians employed in Vermont, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
List of Vermont Medical Billing Coding School Programs
According to the National Center for Education Statistics, there are only two schools in Vermont that offer training for aspiring medical billers and coders. However, the neighboring states of Massachusetts and New York offer several schools. Here are the schools and programs that are located in Vermont.
Bachelor of Science in Health Information Technology (Online Program) – 4 years - Champlain College – Burlington, VT
Health Information Specialist Certificate – 12 months - Community College of Vermont – Winooski, VT
Associate in Applied Science in Medical Assisting – 2 years – Community College of Vermont – Winooski, VT