Medical billing & coding is a field that’s growing more each year with most hospitals using electronic billing. If you’re interested in becoming a medical billing & coding specialist in Vermont, continue reading and get the important facts.
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Vermont
Graduating from an accredited medical billing & coding school can be very important when looking for a job or pursuing certification. In fact, it’s a requirement for certain certifications. The two accredited agencies that are the most recognized are the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Medical billing & coding schools often offer programs that result in certificates or degrees upon completion. Students in these programs complete several courses, including medical terminology, medical claims, coding and insurance billing. The programs generally also require that the student complete an externship.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Vermont
- Medical Coding and Billing
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
- Online MHA Concentration in Population Management
- Online MHA Concentration in Senior Services
- Online General MHA
- And more...
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Business Administration: Healthcare Management
Vermont medical billers and coders are not required to have certification. However, voluntary certification is a way to demonstrate knowledge of this field and can also enhance your earning potential. Once you’ve completed your training and/or obtained some work experience, you can obtain certification from the AHIMA or the AAPC. To become certified, you must pass a certification exam for each credential you wish to earn.
Salaries for a Medical Biller and Coders in Vermont
Salaries for medical billers and coder in Vermont range in the $30,000s, depending on the location. According to Salary.com, medical billers and coders working in Rutland earned an average annual wage of $33,373 as of May 2014 while those in South Burlington earned $32,071. Other factors that may affect earnings include level of training, work experience and number of certifications obtained. As of May 2013, there were about 370 medical records and health information technicians employed in Vermont, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
List of Vermont Medical Billing Coding School Programs
According to the National Center for Education Statistics, there are only two schools in Vermont that offer training for aspiring medical billers and coders. However, the neighboring states of Massachusetts and New York offer several schools. Here are the schools and programs that are located in Vermont.
Bachelor of Science in Health Information Technology (Online Program) – 4 years - Champlain College – Burlington, VT
Health Information Specialist Certificate – 12 months - Community College of Vermont – Winooski, VT
Associate in Applied Science in Medical Assisting – 2 years – Community College of Vermont – Winooski, VT