Medical billers and coders are the professionals responsible for coding medical claims and submitting them to insurance companies. If a job like this appeals to you, continue reading and learn more about this careers and the various medical insurance - and coding schools available in South Carolina.
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Utah
Finding an accredited medical insurance - and coding school in Utah is an important step towards pursuing this career. Accredited schools tend to offer programs that are recognized in the industry and also act as prerequisites for certification. Aspiring students have a wide selection of Utah schools from which to choose. As a student in a medical insurance - and coding training program, you’ll complete some medical office courses, coding courses and will also complete an internship. When looking for a school, try to find one that’s accredited by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) because these two are the most recognized schools.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Utah
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Health Information Management (BS)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration and Management
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Care Administration - D.B.A.
- Health Care Administration - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- And more...
Once you’ve completed your medical insurance - and coding training, you’ll want to seek certification to earn some credentials like the Certified Professional Coder, among others. The AHIMA and the AAPC offer several types of certifications for medical billers and coders. For each certification you pursue, you’ll have to pass a certification exam. Medical billing and coding specialists are not required to be certified in Utah, but certification can really give your career options a boost.
Salaries for a Medical Biller and Coders in Utah
Medical biller and coders working in Utah earned a mean annual wage of $32,960 as of May 2013, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. This figure is slightly less than the national average of $37,710. According to the AAPC, medical billers and coders who have certifications generally experience higher wages.
List of Utah Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Utah has several schools that offer medical insurance - and coding training programs. Listed below is a few of the schools as well as their location and if the programs are diplomas, certificates or degrees.
• Medical Coding Certificate – 10 months - Bridgerland Applied Technical College – Logan, Utah
• Medical Billing & Coding Certificate – 13 months – Eagle Gate College – Layton, Utah
• Medical Billing & Coding Associate Degree – 20 months – Eagle Gate College – Layton, Utah
• Medical Billing & Coding Certificate – 1,100 hours - Mountainland Applied Technical College – Lehi, Utah
• Medical Billing & Coding Certificate Accelerated – 625 hours - Mountainland Applied Technical College – Lehi, Utah
• Medical Coding and Billing Certificate – 813 hours - Salt Lake Community College – Salt Lake City, Utah
• Health Information Technology Certificate – 39 credits - Salt Lake Community College – Salt Lake City, Utah
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Utah
|Bridgerland Applied Technology College||1301 North 600 West|
Logan, UT 84321
|Broadview University – Layton||869 West Hill Field Road|
Layton, Utah 84041
|Broadview University – West Jordan||1902 West 7800 South|
West Jordan, UT 84088
|Broadview University – Orem||898 North 1200 West|
Orem, Utah 84057
|Eagle Gate College||5588 South Green Street Murray, Utah 84123||www.eaglegatecollege.edu|
|Everest College – Salt Lake City||3280 West 3500 South|
Salt Lake City, UT 84119
|Latter-day Saints Business College||95 N 300 W, |
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
|Mountainland Applied Technology College||1410 Business Park |
Dr, Orem, UT 84058
|Ogden-Weber Applied Technology College||200 N Washington Blvd|
Ogden, UT 84404
|Salt Lake Community College||4600 South Redwood Road |
Salt Lake City, UT 84123