Medical billers and coders are the professionals responsible for coding medical claims and submitting them to insurance companies. If a job like this appeals to you, continue reading and learn more about this careers and the various medical insurance - and coding schools available in South Carolina.
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Utah
Finding an accredited medical insurance - and coding school in Utah is an important step towards pursuing this career. Accredited schools tend to offer programs that are recognized in the industry and also act as prerequisites for certification. Aspiring students have a wide selection of Utah schools from which to choose. As a student in a medical insurance - and coding training program, you’ll complete some medical office courses, coding courses and will also complete an internship. When looking for a school, try to find one that’s accredited by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) because these two are the most recognized schools.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Utah
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Coding and Billing
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Health Information Management (BS)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
Study for your graduate education with University of Illinois at Chicago. We offer master’s degree and post-master’s certificate programs in health informatics that can be completed 100% online.
- Master of Science in Health Informatics
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Business Administration: Healthcare Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Once you’ve completed your medical insurance - and coding training, you’ll want to seek certification to earn some credentials like the Certified Professional Coder, among others. The AHIMA and the AAPC offer several types of certifications for medical billers and coders. For each certification you pursue, you’ll have to pass a certification exam. Medical billing and coding specialists are not required to be certified in Utah, but certification can really give your career options a boost.
Salaries for a Medical Biller and Coders in Utah
Medical biller and coders working in Utah earned a mean annual wage of $32,960 as of May 2013, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. This figure is slightly less than the national average of $37,710. According to the AAPC, medical billers and coders who have certifications generally experience higher wages.
List of Utah Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Utah has several schools that offer medical insurance - and coding training programs. Listed below is a few of the schools as well as their location and if the programs are diplomas, certificates or degrees.
• Medical Coding Certificate – 10 months - Bridgerland Applied Technical College – Logan, Utah
• Medical Billing & Coding Certificate – 13 months – Eagle Gate College – Layton, Utah
• Medical Billing & Coding Associate Degree – 20 months – Eagle Gate College – Layton, Utah
• Medical Billing & Coding Certificate – 1,100 hours - Mountainland Applied Technical College – Lehi, Utah
• Medical Billing & Coding Certificate Accelerated – 625 hours - Mountainland Applied Technical College – Lehi, Utah
• Medical Coding and Billing Certificate – 813 hours - Salt Lake Community College – Salt Lake City, Utah
• Health Information Technology Certificate – 39 credits - Salt Lake Community College – Salt Lake City, Utah
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Utah
|Bridgerland Applied Technology College||1301 North 600 West|
Logan, UT 84321
|Broadview University – Layton||869 West Hill Field Road|
Layton, Utah 84041
|Broadview University – West Jordan||1902 West 7800 South|
West Jordan, UT 84088
|Broadview University – Orem||898 North 1200 West|
Orem, Utah 84057
|Eagle Gate College||5588 South Green Street Murray, Utah 84123||www.eaglegatecollege.edu|
|Everest College – Salt Lake City||3280 West 3500 South|
Salt Lake City, UT 84119
|Latter-day Saints Business College||95 N 300 W, |
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
|Mountainland Applied Technology College||1410 Business Park |
Dr, Orem, UT 84058
|Ogden-Weber Applied Technology College||200 N Washington Blvd|
Ogden, UT 84404
|Salt Lake Community College||4600 South Redwood Road |
Salt Lake City, UT 84123