Medical billers and coders are the professionals responsible for coding medical claims and submitting them to insurance companies. If a job like this appeals to you, continue reading and learn more about this careers and the various medical insurance - and coding schools available in South Carolina.
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Utah
Finding an accredited medical insurance - and coding school in Utah is an important step towards pursuing this career. Accredited schools tend to offer programs that are recognized in the industry and also act as prerequisites for certification. Aspiring students have a wide selection of Utah schools from which to choose. As a student in a medical insurance - and coding training program, you’ll complete some medical office courses, coding courses and will also complete an internship. When looking for a school, try to find one that’s accredited by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) because these two are the most recognized schools.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Utah
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Health Information Management (BS)
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Once you’ve completed your medical insurance - and coding training, you’ll want to seek certification to earn some credentials like the Certified Professional Coder, among others. The AHIMA and the AAPC offer several types of certifications for medical billers and coders. For each certification you pursue, you’ll have to pass a certification exam. Medical billing and coding specialists are not required to be certified in Utah, but certification can really give your career options a boost.
Salaries for a Medical Biller and Coders in Utah
Medical biller and coders working in Utah earned a mean annual wage of $32,960 as of May 2013, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. This figure is slightly less than the national average of $37,710. According to the AAPC, medical billers and coders who have certifications generally experience higher wages.
List of Utah Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Utah has several schools that offer medical insurance - and coding training programs. Listed below is a few of the schools as well as their location and if the programs are diplomas, certificates or degrees.
• Medical Coding Certificate – 10 months - Bridgerland Applied Technical College – Logan, Utah
• Medical Billing & Coding Certificate – 13 months – Eagle Gate College – Layton, Utah
• Medical Billing & Coding Associate Degree – 20 months – Eagle Gate College – Layton, Utah
• Medical Billing & Coding Certificate – 1,100 hours - Mountainland Applied Technical College – Lehi, Utah
• Medical Billing & Coding Certificate Accelerated – 625 hours - Mountainland Applied Technical College – Lehi, Utah
• Medical Coding and Billing Certificate – 813 hours - Salt Lake Community College – Salt Lake City, Utah
• Health Information Technology Certificate – 39 credits - Salt Lake Community College – Salt Lake City, Utah
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Utah
|Bridgerland Applied Technology College||1301 North 600 West|
Logan, UT 84321
|Broadview University – Layton||869 West Hill Field Road|
Layton, Utah 84041
|Broadview University – West Jordan||1902 West 7800 South|
West Jordan, UT 84088
|Broadview University – Orem||898 North 1200 West|
Orem, Utah 84057
|Eagle Gate College||5588 South Green Street Murray, Utah 84123||www.eaglegatecollege.edu|
|Everest College – Salt Lake City||3280 West 3500 South|
Salt Lake City, UT 84119
|Latter-day Saints Business College||95 N 300 W, |
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
|Mountainland Applied Technology College||1410 Business Park |
Dr, Orem, UT 84058
|Ogden-Weber Applied Technology College||200 N Washington Blvd|
Ogden, UT 84404
|Salt Lake Community College||4600 South Redwood Road |
Salt Lake City, UT 84123