With the big role computers and electronic billing are playing in the healthcare industry, medicinal coders and billers are becoming more in demand every year. If you’d like to work at this career in Texas, continue reading to learn about medicinal coding and billing schools in Texas. Texas has many schools that offer medicinal coding and billing programs and classes.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding School Texas
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Diploma
- Medical Office Specialist
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Cosmetology, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Medical Office Specialist
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
Study for your graduate education with University of Illinois at Chicago. We offer master’s degree and post-master’s certificate programs in health informatics that can be completed 100% online.
- Master of Science in Health Informatics
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Medical Coding and Billing Certification in TexasTexas does not require that medical coders and billers be licensed or certified. You may want to get certifications on your own, however, help improve your chances at employment. To earn certifications, you must successfully pass an exam for each area of medicinal coding and billing are you wish to obtain certification in. The AAPC offers both the certified professional coder and the certified professional biller certification exam, as well as certifications for specific areas such as payer and outpatient hospital. The AHIMA offers the certified coding specialist, certified coding associate and a physician-based coding certification.
Salaries for Medical Coding & Billing Specialists in TexasTexas has the 2nd-highest employment level for medical records and health technicians, which is the category where the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics lists medicinal coders and billers. Despite the fact that Texas had almost 17,000 of these professional employed in 2012, these workers earn an annual salary that’s lower than the national average. Salary.com reported that medicinal coder and billers in Austin earned an annual average wage of $33,129, while those working in Dallas earned $33,881, as of February 2014. Medicinal coders and billers working in the southern part of that state in Corpus Christie earned about $28,582.
List of Texas Medical Billing Coding School ProgramsBelow is a list of medical coding and billing programs in Texas, as well as if they offer degrees or certificates.
Medical Coding and Billing Online Certificate - Alvin Community College – Alvin, Texas
Medical Coding & Billing Specialist Certificate – 1 year – Austin Community College – Austin, Texas
Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology – 2 years – Austin Community College – Austin, Texas
Medical Billing and Coding Diploma – 76 contact hours (36 weeks) - Texas School of Business – Friendswood, Texas
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Certificate – 48 weeks - Fortis Institute – Houston, Texas
Health Information Coding Certificate – 1 year – Houston Community College – Houston, Texas
Associate in Applied Science in Health Information Technology – 2 year – Houston Community College – Houston, Texas
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Texas
|Alvin Community College||3110 Mustang Rd, |
Alvin, TX 77511
|American Commercial College in Abilene||402 Butternut|
Abilene, TX 79602
|American Commercial College – Odessa||5119 Twin Towers Blvd.|
Odessa, TX 79762
|American Commercial College – Wichita Falls||317 Barnett Road|
Wichita Falls, TX 76310
|Anthem College – Irving||4250 N Beltline Rd.|
Irving, TX 75038
|Arlington Career Institute||901 Avenue K Grand |
Prairie, TX 75050
|Austin Community College District||5930 Middle Fiskville Rd.|
Austin, Texas 78752-4390
|Blinn College||902 College Ave, |
Brenham, TX 77833
|College of Health Care Professionals||6505 Airport Blvd., Suite 102|
Austin, Texas 78752
|Cannon Institute of Higher Learning||8500 N Stemmons Frwy Ste 3030|
|College of the Mainland||1200 Amburn Road|
Texas City,Texas 77591
|Collin College|| 2800 E Spring Creek |
Pkwy, Plano, TX 75074
|Concorde Career College – Dallas||12606 Greenville Ave., Suite 130|
Dallas, TX 75243
|Concorde Career Institute – San Antonio||4803 NW Loop 410, Suite 200|
San Antonio, TX 78229
|Concorde Career Institute – Arlington||3015 W. Interstate 20, |
Grand Prairie, TX 75052
|Everest College – Arlington|| 300 Six Flags Dr #100, |
Arlington, TX 76011
|Everest College – Dallas||6080 Ncentral Expy, |
Dallas, TX 75206
|Everest College – Fort Worth South||La Gran Plaza de Fort Worth, |
4200 South Freeway, Suite 1940 Ft.
Worth, TX 76115
|Everest College – Fort Worth||5237 N. Riverside Drive, Suite 100|
Ft. Worth, TX 76137
|Everest Institute – Austin||9100 US Hwy 290 East, |
Building 1, Suite 100 Austin, TX 78724
|Everest Institute – Bissonnet||9700 Bissonnet St., Suite 1400|
Houston, TX 77036
|Everest Institute – Hobby||7151 Office City Drive, Suite 100|
Houston, TX 77087
|Fortis Institute – Grand Prairie||401 E. Palace Parkway, Suite 100|
Grand Prairie, TX 75050
|Franklin College||5700 Cromo Dr, |
El Paso, TX 79912
|Hallmark College||10401 Interstate Highway 10, |
San Antonio, TX 78230
|Houston Community College||3100 Main St., |
Houston TX 77002
|Interactive College of Technology||6200 Hillcroft St #200, |
Houston, TX 77081
|Iverson Business School and Court Reporting||1600 E Pioneer Pkwy, |
Arlington, TX 76010
|Lamson Institute||5819 NW Loop 410, Suite 160,|
San Antonio, Texas 78238
|Lee College|| 200 Lee Drive,|
Baytown, TX 77520
|Midland College||3600 N Garfield St, |
Midland, TX 79705
|National American University||1101 Central Expressway S.|
Allen, TX 75013
|PCCenter||1229 E. Pleasant Run Rd. |
#302 DeSoto, TX 75115
|Paris Junior College||2400 Clarksville St., |
Paris, Texas 75460
|Professional Careers Institute||6666 Harwin Dr|
Houston, TX 77036
|Remington College – Dallas||1800 Eastgate Drive |
Garland, TX 75041
|Remington College – Fort Worth Campus||Fort Worth Campus 300 East Loop 820 |
Fort Worth, TX 76112
|Remington College – Houston Campus||3110 Hayes Road, Suite 380 |
Houston, TX 77082
|Remington College – Houston Southeast||20985 Interstate 45 South |
Webster, TX 77598
|Remington College – North Houston Campus||11310 Greens Crossing, Suite 300 |
Houston, TX 77067
|San Jacinto College||8060 Spencer Hwy, |
Pasadena, TX 77505
|Sanford-Brown College – Houston||9999 Richmond Ave. |
Houston, TX 77042
|Sanford-Brown College – San Antonio||4511 Horizon Hill Blvd. |
San Antonio, TX 78229-2263
|Sanford-Brown College – Dallas||1250 W Mockingbird Lane | Suite 150 |
Dallas, TX 75247
|South Texas College||3201 W. Pecan |
McAllen, Texas 78501
|Southern Careers Institute Inc. – Austin||2301 S Congress Ave #27, |
Austin, TX 78704
|Southern Careers Institute Inc. – Brownsville||2301 S. Congress Ave.|
Austin, TX 78704
|Southern Careers Institute Inc. – Corpus Christi||2301 S. Congress Ave.|
Austin, TX 78704
|Southern Careers Institute Inc. – Harlingen||603 Ed Carey Dr.|
Harlingen, TX 78550
|Southern Careers Institute Inc. – Pharr||1500 N Jackson Rd, |
Pharr, TX 78577
|Southern Careers Institute Inc. – San Antonio||6963 NW Loop 410|
San Antonio, TX 78238
|Southwest Career College||1414 Geronimo Dr, |
El Paso, TX 79925
|Texas State Technical College – West Texas||300 Homer K. Taylor Drive |
Sweetwater, Texas 79556
|The College of Health Care Professions – Houston||240 Northwest Mall|
Houston, Texas 77092
|The College of Health Care Professions – San Antonio||4738 NW Loop 410|
San Antonio, Texas 78229
|Tyler Junior College||1327 South Baxter Avenue|
Tyler, Texas 75701
|Vatterott Education Center||8580 Evans Ave, |
Berkeley, MO 63134
|Virginia College – Austin||6301 E. Highway 290|
Austin, TX 78723
|Westwood College – Dallas||8390 Lyndon B Johnson |
Fwy #100, Dallas, TX 75243
|Westwood College – Fort Worth||4232 North Fwy, |
Fort Worth, TX 76137
|Westwood College – Houston South||7322 Southwest Fwy #110, |
Houston, TX 77074