Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Tennessee
Medical Coding and Billing Careers are rewarding and can be also be highly paid. A variety of programs are available. Nashville State Community College has two accredited programs. The Medical Coding Technical Certificate is a one year program and the A.A.S. Degree in Healthcare Management is a two year program. These programs prepare you to work in private practice as well as hospital environments. Remington College in Memphis offers a 9 month program for Medical Billing and Coding. Students become eligible to join the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) and subsequently take the Certified Professional Coder exams sponsored by AAPC. The University of TN Knoxville offers a Medical Billing and Coding program. This course offers partial preparation for the National Medical Coding Certification exam. Medical coding skills are in higher demand than ever with the new ICD-10 coding standard going live in 2015. This standard is more detailed and accurate than ICD-9 currently in place. Accurate medical coding is essential for both payment and medical research.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Tennessee
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
- Online MHA Concentration in Population Management
- Online MHA Concentration in Senior Services
- Online General MHA
- And more...
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Master of Business Admin w/Con Health Care Admin
- Bachelor of Business Admin w/Con Health Care Admin
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
In Tennessee becoming a certified coder requires successful completion of a national exam offered by American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Not all medical coding jobs require completion of this exam. However, those who do complete it can expect higher earnings. AAPC credentials validate a high level of proficiency in medical coding and medical billing at a national level. Medical coding certification demonstrates proficiency in medical coding and appropriate use of ICD-9-CM coding standards. AHIMA offers the Certified Coding Associate and Certified Coding Specialist credentials.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coder in Tennessee
Indeed.com reports the following recent average salaries for medical biller and coder professionals:
-Inpatient Coder Nashville, TN $57,000 per year
-CPC Certified Professional Coder Nashville, TN $48,000 per year
-Clinical Data Specialist Coder Nashville, TN $38,000 per year
-MBC Medical Biller Coder Nashville, TN $25,000 per year.
List of Tennessee Medical Billing Coding School Programs
There are many opportunities for those interested to obtain training for medical billing & coding careers at both state and private schools. Here is a list of some of the programs and classes available:
Nashville State CC – A.A.S. Healthcare Management
Nashville State CC – Medical Coding Certificate
Chattanooga State Technical Community College – Medical Sonography – a 12 month certification program
Chattanooga State Technical CC - Beginning Medical Coding & Reimbursement II
Remington College in Memphis - Medical Billing and Coding, a 9 month program
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Tenneessee
|Anthem Career College – Memphis||5865 Shelby Oaks Circle, Suite 100|
Memphis, TN 38134
|Anthem Career College – Nashville||560 Royal Parkway|
Nashville, TN 37214
|Daymar Institute||2691 Trenton Road|
Clarksville, TN 37040
|Fountainhead College of Technology||10208 Technology Drive|
Knoxville, TN 37932
|Nashville College of Medical Careers||1556 Crestview Dr, |
Madison, TN 37115
|National College of Business and Technology – Nashville||5760 Stage Road, |
Bartlett, TN 38134
|Remington College – Memphis Campus||2710 Nonconnah Blvd, |
Memphis, TN 38132
|Remington College – Nashville Campus||441 Donelson Pike #150, |
Nashville, TN 37214
|Tennessee Technology Center at Harriman||1745 Harriman Highway, |
Harriman, TN 37748
|Tennessee Technology Center at Hartsville||716 E McMurry Blvd, |
Hartsville, TN 37074
|Tennessee Technology Center at Oneida – Huntsville||355 Scott High Drive |
Huntsville, TN 37756-4149
|Virginia College – Chattanooga||721 Eastgate Loop|
Chattanooga, TN 37411
|Walters State Community College||500 South Davy Crockett Parkway |
Morristown, TN 37813-6899
|West Tennessee Business College||1186 Hwy 45 Bypass : Jackson, TN 38301||wtbc.edu|