Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Tennessee
Medical Coding and Billing Careers are rewarding and can be also be highly paid. A variety of programs are available. Nashville State Community College has two accredited programs. The Medical Coding Technical Certificate is a one year program and the A.A.S. Degree in Healthcare Management is a two year program. These programs prepare you to work in private practice as well as hospital environments. Remington College in Memphis offers a 9 month program for Medical Billing and Coding. Students become eligible to join the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) and subsequently take the Certified Professional Coder exams sponsored by AAPC. The University of TN Knoxville offers a Medical Billing and Coding program. This course offers partial preparation for the National Medical Coding Certification exam. Medical coding skills are in higher demand than ever with the new ICD-10 coding standard going live in 2015. This standard is more detailed and accurate than ICD-9 currently in place. Accurate medical coding is essential for both payment and medical research.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Tennessee
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Diploma
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Bachelor of Business Admin w/Con Health Care Admin
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Care Administration - D.B.A.
- Health Care Administration - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
In Tennessee becoming a certified coder requires successful completion of a national exam offered by American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Not all medical coding jobs require completion of this exam. However, those who do complete it can expect higher earnings. AAPC credentials validate a high level of proficiency in medical coding and medical billing at a national level. Medical coding certification demonstrates proficiency in medical coding and appropriate use of ICD-9-CM coding standards. AHIMA offers the Certified Coding Associate and Certified Coding Specialist credentials.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coder in Tennessee
Indeed.com reports the following recent average salaries for medical biller and coder professionals:
-Inpatient Coder Nashville, TN $57,000 per year
-CPC Certified Professional Coder Nashville, TN $48,000 per year
-Clinical Data Specialist Coder Nashville, TN $38,000 per year
-MBC Medical Biller Coder Nashville, TN $25,000 per year.
List of Tennessee Medical Billing Coding School Programs
There are many opportunities for those interested to obtain training for medical billing & coding careers at both state and private schools. Here is a list of some of the programs and classes available:
Nashville State CC – A.A.S. Healthcare Management
Nashville State CC – Medical Coding Certificate
Chattanooga State Technical Community College – Medical Sonography – a 12 month certification program
Chattanooga State Technical CC - Beginning Medical Coding & Reimbursement II
Remington College in Memphis - Medical Billing and Coding, a 9 month program
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Tenneessee
|Anthem Career College – Memphis||5865 Shelby Oaks Circle, Suite 100|
Memphis, TN 38134
|Anthem Career College – Nashville||560 Royal Parkway|
Nashville, TN 37214
|Daymar Institute||2691 Trenton Road|
Clarksville, TN 37040
|Fountainhead College of Technology||10208 Technology Drive|
Knoxville, TN 37932
|Nashville College of Medical Careers||1556 Crestview Dr, |
Madison, TN 37115
|National College of Business and Technology – Nashville||5760 Stage Road, |
Bartlett, TN 38134
|Remington College – Memphis Campus||2710 Nonconnah Blvd, |
Memphis, TN 38132
|Remington College – Nashville Campus||441 Donelson Pike #150, |
Nashville, TN 37214
|Tennessee Technology Center at Harriman||1745 Harriman Highway, |
Harriman, TN 37748
|Tennessee Technology Center at Hartsville||716 E McMurry Blvd, |
Hartsville, TN 37074
|Tennessee Technology Center at Oneida – Huntsville||355 Scott High Drive |
Huntsville, TN 37756-4149
|Virginia College – Chattanooga||721 Eastgate Loop|
Chattanooga, TN 37411
|Walters State Community College||500 South Davy Crockett Parkway |
Morristown, TN 37813-6899
|West Tennessee Business College||1186 Hwy 45 Bypass : Jackson, TN 38301||wtbc.edu|