- Discover how you could play a part in the growing healthcare industry at Keiser U
- Cover healthcare leadership, marketing, public policy, healthcare finance & more
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Associate of Science in Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
- And more...
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Billing & Insurance Coding (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Office Specialist (10-Month Diploma Program)
Back to School Scholarship Available to All New Students Until October 22nd.
Since 1996, Southern California Health Institute has been dedicated and committed to helping students achieve their dreams by providing an exceptional education that enables them to become skilled and successful manual therapists. We have graduated over 1,500 students who are now a part of a larger community of wellness and healthcare.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Program
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Administrative Medical Assistant
Medical Billing and Coding Schools in San DiegoSan Diego, California offers top education combined with affordability for those seeking a career in medical billing and coding:
UC, San Diego
San Diego State University
Kaplan College; and
Concorde Career College
Universities, community colleges and online education are each options for gaining education and hands-on experience in the medical billing and coding profession. Career college curriculum and online programs vary slightly from the university programs offered by way of pre-requisites required, program expenses and completion credentials. Students should always select an accredited program, expect a minimum of 80 hours of in-classroom training and to pay for the course, between $180 - $350, an initial registration fee. Additional expenses will include text books, electronic study guides, training materials and exam fees, necessary to become certified.
Advantages of a Medical Billing and Coding CareerHealthcare providers outsource a great amount of administrative work. Some advantages of becoming a medical biller or coder include:
Low-overhead start-up costs to work from a home office
Convenient and quick education
In-demand, reputable career; and
Flexible working hours and freelance opportunities
Considerations for Medical Billing Specialists and CodersWorking as an independent professional, medical billers and coders need to consider the effort of identifying and obtaining work from clients, individual liability insurance expenses, home-office set-up and equipment necessary to perform duties and individual work ethic.
Overall, a career in medical billing and coding is a smart strategy for balancing home and work life based on convenience, salary and position-longevity alone. Healthcare positions pay well and continue to enjoy a promising outlook for ongoing job security. Moreover, independent positions like medical billing and coding allows professionals to either work for themselves, enjoy contractor status, or work within a healthcare environment to be a part of the team. Respectively, selection of the work environment from personal preference makes the position all the more tailored by the individual.