At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Billing & Insurance Coding (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Office Specialist (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Administrative Specialist
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Medical Office Specialist
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Medical Billing and Coding Schools in San DiegoSan Diego, California offers top education combined with affordability for those seeking a career in medical billing and coding:
UC, San Diego
San Diego State University
Kaplan College; and
Concorde Career College
Universities, community colleges and online education are each options for gaining education and hands-on experience in the medical billing and coding profession. Career college curriculum and online programs vary slightly from the university programs offered by way of pre-requisites required, program expenses and completion credentials. Students should always select an accredited program, expect a minimum of 80 hours of in-classroom training and to pay for the course, between $180 - $350, an initial registration fee. Additional expenses will include text books, electronic study guides, training materials and exam fees, necessary to become certified.
Advantages of a Medical Billing and Coding CareerHealthcare providers outsource a great amount of administrative work. Some advantages of becoming a medical biller or coder include:
Low-overhead start-up costs to work from a home office
Convenient and quick education
In-demand, reputable career; and
Flexible working hours and freelance opportunities
Considerations for Medical Billing Specialists and CodersWorking as an independent professional, medical billers and coders need to consider the effort of identifying and obtaining work from clients, individual liability insurance expenses, home-office set-up and equipment necessary to perform duties and individual work ethic.
Overall, a career in medical billing and coding is a smart strategy for balancing home and work life based on convenience, salary and position-longevity alone. Healthcare positions pay well and continue to enjoy a promising outlook for ongoing job security. Moreover, independent positions like medical billing and coding allows professionals to either work for themselves, enjoy contractor status, or work within a healthcare environment to be a part of the team. Respectively, selection of the work environment from personal preference makes the position all the more tailored by the individual.