Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in PhoenixMedical billing and coding is an often complex job, during which the employee has to learn how to navigate various medical computer systems. These systems are often based on popular programs such as Excel, but they are still often difficult for people in training to understand, and due to this, there is a high demand for people with medical billing and coding accreditation in the medical billing field. From major hospitals to privately owned doctor's offices, billers and coders are essential for self-pay and insurance payments to go through.
Matching School Ads
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
You can find many high-quality programs in Phoenix for this field. Carrington College and Phoenix College are two schools that have a decent reputation. The education process often takes two years or more, but the potential for more pay and experience is worth it for graduates.
Medical Billing & Coding Certification in Phoenix
According to the AAPC, certified medical coders can earn as much as 20 percent more than their uncertified counterparts in the field. The certification for this can be earned either online or in-person, and the instructors typically have years of experience with the medical billing and coding processes of medical facilities. Certification can take as little as 10 months but as long as two years or more. This depends on the school and the number of classes the student wishes to take each semester.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coder in Phoenix
Salaries vary depending on accreditation and experience. Uncertified medical billers and coders earn an average of approximately $37,000 per year. In contrast, employees with the proper certification earn an average of $45,000 annually. This is no small difference for people who want to pay the bills, get better jobs and earn more respect in the field. Whether the certification is gained online or in-person, employers recognize the validity of any program that is accredited.
List of Medical Billing & Coding Programs in Phoenix
Many of the best schools are online and can be accessed within the Phoenix area. These include Kaplan College, Phoenix College and Carrington College. There are other accredited schools of a high quality as well; do your research before deciding on your program.