Does the idea of working in a medical office and taking care of the billing and claims appeal to you? If so, you may want to check into becoming a medical billing and coding specialist. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, medical records and health information technicians are expected to see an employment growth of 22% between 2012 and 2022. Read below to learn about medical billing and coding schools in Oregon.
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Oregon
The National Center for Education Statistics states there are more than a dozen accredited schools offering medical billing and coding programs in Oregon. Finding an accredited school is important because you’ll receive the type of training necessary to obtain certification and work in this field. The two most recognized accrediting organizations are the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Students may earn certificates, diplomas or degrees in medical billing and coding, depending on the school and the program.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Oregon
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
You can advance your career with a degree from Charter College Online. We offer several Associates and Bachelors degrees in the business, health care, accounting and legal fields. Our accelerated programs are designed to help you complete your degree as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We help students get not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Office Administrative Assistant
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Healthcare Administration (BS)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Care Administration - D.B.A.
- Health Care Administration - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- And more...
- Are You a Natural Leader or Good with Numbers? Get Educated in the Business Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Business Administration & Management, Accounting, Marketing Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
Although medical insurance - billing & coding specialists are generally not required to be certified in Oregon, most employers prefer certification. In fact, some insurance companies won’t pay claims unless they were submitted by certified medical billing and coding specialists. To become certified, you must pass a computer-based certification exam through an approved agency, such as the AHIMA or the AAPC. There are several certifications one can earn; the more certifications earned, the better the earning potential.
Salaries for a Medical Billers and Coders in Oregon
Wages for medical billers and coders in Oregon vary from one city to another. As of a May 2014 Salary.com report, medical billers and coders in Bend earned an average wage of $30,246 while those farther south in Medford earned $31,210. The highest wages were earned in the northern part of the state. In Portland, the average wage for medical billers and coders was $35,531, while those in Eugene earned about $36,633.
List of Oregon Medical Billing Coding School Programs
• Medical Coding Certificate – 21 months - Central Oregon Community College – Bend, OR
• Medical Billing Specialist Certificate – 15 months - Central Oregon Community College – Bend, OR
• Health Information Management Associate Degree – 2 years - Chemeketa Community College – Salem, OR
• Medical Coding and Insurance Billing Certificate – 1 year – Chemeketa Community College – Salem, OR
• Health Records Technology Certificate – 1 year - Lane Community College – Eugene, OR
• Medical Coding Certificate – 1 year – Lane Community College – Eugene, OR
• Health Information Management Associate Degree (Online program) – 2 years -Portland Community College – Portland, OR
• Medical Coding Courses also offered at Portland Community College – Portland, OR
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Oregon
|Anthem College – Portland||4145 SW Watson Avenue, Suite 300|
Beaverton, OR 97005
|Chemeketa Community College||4000 Lancaster Dr NE, |
Salem, OR 97309
|Concord Career College – Portland||1425 NE Irving Street, |
Portland, OR 97232
|Everest College – Portland||600 SW 10th Ave., Suite 400|
Portland, OR 97205
|Everest Institute – Tigard||9600 SW Oak Street, |
4th Floor Tigard, OR 97223
|Heald College – LLC-Portland||6035 NE 78th Ct, |
Portland, OR 97218
|Institute of Technology||4707 Silverton Rd NE|
Salem, OR 97305
|Lane Community College||4000 East 30th Ave., |
Eugene, Oregon 97405
|Mt. Hood Community College||26000 SE Stark St. |
Gresham, OR 97030
|Umpqua Community College||1140 Umpqua College Rd., |
Roseburg, OR 97470