Medical coding and billing can be very interesting and profitable career paths, but even though the two are frequently categorized together, they are not one in the same. A medical coder reviews a patient’s records, documents treatments and services rendered and assigns the proper codes to each procedure for both record keeping and billing purposes, while a medical biller reviews these codes and uses them to prepare invoices sent to insurance companies.
In hospitals and large medical groups, these functions may be assigned to different people or even different departments, but in smaller doctor’s offices, the coder and biller are usually the same person. This is what makes a solid education in both medical insurance - billingmedical insurance - billing & coding from an accredited training school so important for those looking to pursue a career in the field.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Oklahoma
- Discover how you could play a part in the growing healthcare industry at Keiser U
- Cover healthcare leadership, marketing, public policy, healthcare finance & more
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Associate of Science in Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Though it may be a challenging field, a career in medical insurance - billing medical insurance - billing & coding does not require a degree from a four-year university, but it does require training and certification. The majority of accredited medical insurance - billingmedical insurance - billing & coding schools in the state of Oklahoma are concentrated in the Oklahoma City and Tulsa areas, but several other schools can be found throughout the state.
Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding Certification in Oklahoma
Those pursuing a career in medical insurance - billingmedical insurance - billing & coding in the state of Oklahoma must be well versed in basic human anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, Oklahoma’s patient privacy laws and ICD-9 & ICD-10 codes and practices.
Though the state of Oklahoma does not have its own state-specific certification requirements for medical coding and billing, federal law requires that all medical coders and billers pass the ICD-9 & ICD-10 exams. These exams and certifications are awarded by accredited third party agencies, such as The National Healthcare Association, The American Health Information Management Association and The AAPC.
Salaries for Medical Billers and Coders in Oklahoma
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, medical coders and billers in the state of Oklahoma make $25,880 annually, on average. This is below the national average of $30,780, but medical billers and coders in the Tulsa metropolitan area make much closer to the national average, earning an average of $29,100 per year.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics expects the field to grow much faster than other industries, by about 29% by 2022.
List of Oklahoma Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Francis Tuttle Technology Center, Oklahoma City
Heritage College, Oklahoma City
Vatterott Educational Center, Oklahoma City
Community Care College, Tulsa
Tulsa Tech, Tulsa
Caddo Kiowa Technology Center, Fort Cobb
Great Plains Technology Center, Lawton
Central Technology Center, Sapulpa
Meridian Technology Center, Stillwater
Mid-America Technology Center, Wayne
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Oklahoma
|Caddo Kiowa Technology Center||1415 7th St, Fort Cobb, OK 73038||caddokiowa.publishpath.com|
|Central Technology Center||1720 S Main St, |
Sapulpa, OK 74066
|Chisholm Trail Technology Center||283 Oklahoma 33, Omega, OK 73764||cttc.edu|
|Community Care College||4242 South Sheridan|
Tulsa, OK 74145
|Francis Tuttle Technology Center||12777 N. Rockwell Ave |
Oklahoma City, OK 73142
|Great Plains Technology Center||4500 W. Lee Blvd.|
Lawton, Oklahoma 73505
|Heritage College – Oklahoma City||7202 S I-35 Service Rd, |
Oklahoma City, OK 73149
|Kiamichi Technology Center||1004 Oklahoma 2, |
Wilburton, OK 74578
|Meridian Technology Center||1312 South Sangre Road|
Stillwater, OK 74074
|Mid-America Technology Center||27438 Oklahoma 59, |
Wayne, OK 73095
|Vatterott College – Oklahoma City||5537 NW Expy, |
Warr Acres, OK 73132