Medical coding and billing can be very interesting and profitable career paths, but even though the two are frequently categorized together, they are not one in the same. A medical coder reviews a patient’s records, documents treatments and services rendered and assigns the proper codes to each procedure for both record keeping and billing purposes, while a medical biller reviews these codes and uses them to prepare invoices sent to insurance companies.
In hospitals and large medical groups, these functions may be assigned to different people or even different departments, but in smaller doctor’s offices, the coder and biller are usually the same person. This is what makes a solid education in both medical insurance - billingmedical insurance - billing & coding from an accredited training school so important for those looking to pursue a career in the field.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Oklahoma
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration and Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Health Care Management
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Care Administration - D.B.A.
- Health Care Administration - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- And more...
Though it may be a challenging field, a career in medical insurance - billing medical insurance - billing & coding does not require a degree from a four-year university, but it does require training and certification. The majority of accredited medical insurance - billingmedical insurance - billing & coding schools in the state of Oklahoma are concentrated in the Oklahoma City and Tulsa areas, but several other schools can be found throughout the state.
Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding Certification in Oklahoma
Those pursuing a career in medical insurance - billingmedical insurance - billing & coding in the state of Oklahoma must be well versed in basic human anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, Oklahoma’s patient privacy laws and ICD-9 & ICD-10 codes and practices.
Though the state of Oklahoma does not have its own state-specific certification requirements for medical coding and billing, federal law requires that all medical coders and billers pass the ICD-9 & ICD-10 exams. These exams and certifications are awarded by accredited third party agencies, such as The National Healthcare Association, The American Health Information Management Association and The AAPC.
Salaries for Medical Billers and Coders in Oklahoma
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, medical coders and billers in the state of Oklahoma make $25,880 annually, on average. This is below the national average of $30,780, but medical billers and coders in the Tulsa metropolitan area make much closer to the national average, earning an average of $29,100 per year.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics expects the field to grow much faster than other industries, by about 29% by 2022.
List of Oklahoma Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Francis Tuttle Technology Center, Oklahoma City
Heritage College, Oklahoma City
Vatterott Educational Center, Oklahoma City
Community Care College, Tulsa
Tulsa Tech, Tulsa
Caddo Kiowa Technology Center, Fort Cobb
Great Plains Technology Center, Lawton
Central Technology Center, Sapulpa
Meridian Technology Center, Stillwater
Mid-America Technology Center, Wayne
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Oklahoma
|Caddo Kiowa Technology Center||1415 7th St, Fort Cobb, OK 73038||caddokiowa.publishpath.com|
|Central Technology Center||1720 S Main St, |
Sapulpa, OK 74066
|Chisholm Trail Technology Center||283 Oklahoma 33, Omega, OK 73764||cttc.edu|
|Community Care College||4242 South Sheridan|
Tulsa, OK 74145
|Francis Tuttle Technology Center||12777 N. Rockwell Ave |
Oklahoma City, OK 73142
|Great Plains Technology Center||4500 W. Lee Blvd.|
Lawton, Oklahoma 73505
|Heritage College – Oklahoma City||7202 S I-35 Service Rd, |
Oklahoma City, OK 73149
|Kiamichi Technology Center||1004 Oklahoma 2, |
Wilburton, OK 74578
|Meridian Technology Center||1312 South Sangre Road|
Stillwater, OK 74074
|Mid-America Technology Center||27438 Oklahoma 59, |
Wayne, OK 73095
|Vatterott College – Oklahoma City||5537 NW Expy, |
Warr Acres, OK 73132