With the continuing use of electronic records and billing, medical insurance - billing & coding professionals continue to be in demand. To find information on this career, as well as the many medical insurance - billing & coding schools in Ohio, read on.
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Ohio
To work as a medical insurance - billing & coding specialist in Ohio requires completing a training program from an accredited school. The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) are the two most-recognized accrediting agencies for this field. Choosing an accredited school is important because students receive the training required to work as medical billers and coders and take certification exams.
Training programs for medical insurance - billing & coding generally take from six months to two years, depending on if the students are pursuing certificates or degrees. According to Education News, there are more than 30 accredited medical insurance - billing & coding schools in Ohio. Students complete medical office classes and a supervised internship.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Ohio
Professional Skills Institute provides industry-modeled, hands-on medical training to prepare graduates for a new career as a Medical Office Assistant, Medical Billing and Coding Specialist, or Pharmacy Technician.
You could start your healthcare career in less time than you think! PSI is the choice for healthcare training that leads to employment.
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Office Assistant
- Further Your Career with a Billing and Coding Diploma from Fortis!
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Records
- Medical Office Assisting
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration and Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
Upon completing a medical billing & coding program, the next step is generally obtaining certification. Both the AAPC and the AHIMA offer several levels of certification. To become certified, the candidate must pass a computer-based certification exam. A different exam must be passed for each level of certification. While certification is not required, many employers prefer that their medical billers and coders are certified.
Salaries for a Medical Biller and Coders in Ohio
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, medical records and health information technicians, the profession in which medical billers and coders are categorized, earned an average annual wage of $34,970 in Ohio as of May 2013. Salaries for medical billers and coders are fairly consistent throughout the state. A May 2014 Salary.com lists the annual wages for this profession at $33,614 in Cincinnati, $33,810 in Columbus and $33,052 in Toledo, OH.
List of Ohio Medical Billing Coding School Programs
As stated above, Ohio has several accredited medical billing & coding schools. Listed below are a few of the schools, as well as their location and the type of program they offer.
• Coding Certificate – 4 semesters - Lakeland Community College – Kirtland, OH
• Health Information Management Associate Degree – 2 years - Lakeland Community College – Kirtland, OH
• Medical Coding Specialist Certificate – 3 semesters - Eastern Gateway Community College – Steubenville, OH
• Health Information Management Associate Degree – 2 years - Eastern Gateway Community College – Steubenville, OH
• Medical Records/Health Information Management Associate Degree – 2 years - Hocking College – Nelsonville, OH
• Billing and Coding Specialist Training Program – 4 weeks – Ohio Medical Career Center – Dayton, OH
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Ohio
|Academy of Court Reporting and Technology – Cleveland||2044 Euclid Avenue|
Cleveland, OH 44115
|Adult and Community Education – Hudson||2323 Lexington Avenue|
Columbus, OH 43211.
|Akron Institute of Herzing University||1600 S ARLINGTON STR., SUITE 100, |
AKRON, OH 44306
|Alliance Career Centre||30 N Lincoln Ave, |
Alliance, OH 44601
|American School of Technology||2100 Morse Road|
Columbus, OH 43229
|Antonelli College – Cincinnati||124 East 7th Street|
Cincinnati, OH 45202
|Apollo Career Center||3325 Shawnee Rd. |
Lima OH 45806-1454
|Belmont College||120 Fox-Shannon Place, |
St. Clairsville, OH 43950
|Brown Mackie College – Akron||755 White Pond Dr #101, |
Akron, OH 44320
|Butler Tech – D Russel Lee Career Center||3603 Hamilton-Middletown Road |
Hamilton, Ohio 45011
|Canton City Schools Adult Community Education||305 Mckinley Ave NW, |
Canton, OH 44702
|Career and Technology Education Centers of Licking County||150 Price Road|
Newark, Ohio 43055
|Cincinnati State Technical and Community College||3520 Central Pkwy, |
Cincinnati, OH 45223
|Columbus State Community College||550 East Spring St., |
Columbus, OH 43215
|Cuyahoga Community College||700 Carnegie Avenue, |
Cleveland, Ohio 44115
|Davis College||4747 Monroe Street, |
Toledo, Ohio 43623
|Eastern Gateway Community College||4000 Sunset Blvd, |
Steubenville, OH 43952
|Everest Institute – Gahanna||825 Tech Center Drive |
Gahanna, OH 43230
|Fortis College||555 E. Alex Bell Road |
Centerville, OH 45459
|Greene County Career Center||2960 West Enon Rd.|
Xenia, OH 45385
|Harrison College – Columbus||2222 Poshard Drive|
Columbus, IN 47203
|Harrison College||3880 Jackpot Road|
Grove City, OH 43123
|Herzing University – Toledo||525 North Sixth Street |
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53203
|Knox County Career Center||306 Martinsburg Road|
Mount Vernon, Ohio 43050
|Lincoln College – Cincinnati||149 Northland Blvd, |
Cincinnati, OH 45246
|Lincoln College of Technology – Franklin||201 E 2nd St, |
Franklin, OH 45005
|Lincoln College of Technology – Toledo||5203 Airport Hwy, |
Toledo, OH 43615
|Lincoln College – Dayton||111 W 1st St, |
Dayton, OH 45402
|Mahoning County Career and Technical Center||7300 North Palymra Rd.|
Canfield, Oh 44406
|Miami-Jacobs Career College||150 E Gay St, |
Columbus, OH 43215
|Miami Valley Career Technology Center||6800 Hoke Rd. |
Clayton, Ohio 45315
|Miami-Jacobs Career College – Columbus||150 E Gay St|
Columbus, OH 43215
|Ohio Business College – Columbus||4525 Trueman Blvd|
Hilliard, OH 43026
|Ohio Business College – Sheffield||5095 Waterford Drive|
Sheffield Village, OH 44035
|Ohio Medical Career Center||1133 S. Edwin C. Moses Blvd, Suite 110|
Dayton, OH 45417
|Ohio State University – Lima Campus||4240 Campus Drive, |
Lima, Ohio, 45804
|Ohio State University – Main Campus|| 281 W. Lane Ave. |
Columbus, Ohio 43210
|Owens Community College||3200 Bright Rd, |
Findlay, OH 45840
|Polaris Career Center||7285 Old Oak Blvd|
Middleburg Heights, OH 44130
|Portage Lakes Career Center||4401 Shriver Road |
Uniontown, Ohio 44685
|Professional Skills Institute||1505 Holland Road|
Maumee, Ohio 43537
|Remington College – Cleveland West Campus||26350 Brookpark Rd, |
North Olmsted, OH 44070
|Ross Institute of Medical and Dental Technology||11590 Century Boulevard, Suite 210|
Cincinnati, Ohio 45246
|Ross Medical Education Center||11590 Century Boulevard, Suite 210|
Cincinnati, Ohio 45246
|Sandusky Career Center||2130 Hayes Ave, |
Sandusky, OH 44870
|Sanford-Brown College – Cleveland||17535 Rosbough Drive, Suite 100|
Middleburg Hts., OH 44130
|Southern State Community College||100 Hobart Drive|
Hillsboro, OH 45133
|Stautzenberger College – Maumee||1796 Indian Wood Circle, |
Maumee, Ohio 43537
|TechSkills – Columbus||2400 Corporate Exchange Dr|
Columbus, OH 43231
|Terra Community College||2830 Napoleon Rd. |
Fremont, OH 43420
|Tri-Country Adult Career Center||15676 State Route 691|
Nelsonville, Ohio 45764
|Trumbull Business College||3200 Ridge Ave SE|
Warren, OH 44484
|University of Northwestern Ohio||1441 North Cable Road|
Lima, Ohio 45805
|Washington State Community College||710 Colegate Drive|
Marietta, Ohio 45750
|Youngstown State University||One University Plaza |
Youngstown, OH 44555