Would you like a job where you are part of the medical profession but don’t have hands-on contact with the patients? Ever consider becoming a medical biller and coder? Learn about this career and the various medical insurance - billing & coding schools in North Carolina.
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in North Carolina
Accredited schools offering medical insurance - billing & coding schools in North Carolina can be found through Education News or the National Center for Education Statistics. It’s important that the school be accredited because it’s often a requirement if you want to obtain certification. Accredited schools are also usually looked on more favorably by the industry. Two accrediting agencies include the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Medical Billing and Coding training programs often take anywhere from five months to two years, depending on what degree level you may be pursuing.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School North Carolina
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration and Management
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Bachelor of Business Admin w/Con Health Care Admin
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Health Information Technology
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Health Care Management
Certification is not required of medical billers and coders wishing to work in North Carolina, although voluntary certification is generally looked on favorably by employers. Certification can also put a boost to your resume and increase your career opportunities and earning potential. Two organizations that offer various levels of certification are the AAPC and the AHIMA.
Salaries for a Medical Biller and Coders in North Carolina
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that medical records and health information technicians earned an annual average wage of 34,530 as of May 2013 – a figure very close to the national average. However, wages are often higher for those that earn various certifications. Additionally, wages vary from city to city. The average wages in Wilmington and Burlington were $29,485 and $33,393 respectively, while medical biller and coders in Durham earned about $34,292, according to a May 2014 report by Salary.com.
List of North Carolina Medical Billing Coding School Programs
The following schools in North Carolina offer medical biller and coder programs that offer either certificates, diplomas or degrees.
Associate in Applied Science in Health Information Technology – 2 years - Pitt Community College – Winterville, NC
Health Information Technology Medical Coding Diploma – 18 months - Southwestern Community College – Sylva, NC
Associate in Applied Science in Health Information Technology – 2 years - Catawba Valley Community College – Hickory, NC
Medical Coding Certificate (online) – Time varies - Durham Technical Community College
Associate in Applied Science in Health Information Technology – 2 years - Durham Technical Community College
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in North Carolina
|Davidson County Community College||297 DCC Road, |
Thomasville, NC 27360
|Durham Technical Community College||1637 East Lawson Street, |
Durham, NC 27703
|Gaston College||201 Highway 321 South |
Dallas, NC 28034