If you live in the state of New Mexico and want to begin a career in the field of medical billing and coding, you should gain as much information about how to obtain an education in this sector as possible. Information regarding various training programs, certification opportunities, and preparatory classes can be found below.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding School New Mexico
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Insurance Billing & Coding
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding-Associate
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding-Diploma
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
In order to excel within this sector, it's a good idea to begin looking for an accredited school to attend right now. To do so, you can simply complete a keyword search by typing in a term such as "Get A Degree For Medical Billing In New Mexico." Once you have completed this action, the search engine will provide you with a plethora of links redirecting you to various schools that you can enroll in.
Medical Biller/Coding Certification in New Mexico
You do not have to obtain certification in order to become a medical biller and coder. However, employers are often more likely to hire job candidates who have completed certification programs and testing than those who have not. This may be the case for several reasons, including the fact that certification work provides one with extensive information that can be applied within the job setting. Since this is the case, it may be prudent for you to obtain certification. To do so, you can complete a certification program offered by an organization such as the American Medical Billing Association.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coder in New Mexico
Salaries for medical billers and coders in New Mexico are contingent upon the region where one works. Some of the salaries based on region include:
•Las Cruces: $42,000
•Rio Rancho: $28,000
•Santa Fe: $38,000
List of New Mexico Medical Billing Coding School Programs
There are several medical billing and coding programs in New Mexico that you can opt to enroll in. Some of them include:
1. New Mexico State University
2. San Juan College
3. Carrington College
4. National American University
Now that you have obtained some basic information regarding educational options that you can pursue in order to work within the medical billing and coding sector, you can begin moving towards accomplishing your vocational objectives.
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in New Mexico
|New Mexico State University – Dona Ana||1780 E University Ave, Las Cruces, NM 88003||www.nmsu.edu|
|San Juan College||4601 College Boulevard|
Farmington, New Mexico 87402