Have you considered working as a medical billing & coding specialist but aren’t sure what you need to do? Read this article and you’ll know all the important facts on medical billing & coding schools in Nevada, as well as what this career entails.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Nevada
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration and Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Care Administration - D.B.A.
- Health Care Administration - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Business Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
When you’re looking for a school that offers medical billing & coding training programs, it’s important to make sure the school is accredited. The two most well-known accrediting agencies for this field are the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) Accreditation and the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Schools that are AAPC- and AHIMA-accredited offer the necessary training to become medical billing & coding specialists. The schools must be accredited if you want to obtain certification. Medical insurance - billing & coding training programs include a blended curriculum of administrative and clinical courses, as well as clinical education.
Medical Biller/Coding Certification in Nevada
Once you’ve completed your medical insurance - billing & coding program, you may want to consider becoming certified. Certification, though not typically required, is looked on favorably by potential employers. Two agencies that offer medical insurance - billing & coding certification are the AAPC and the AHIMA; both of these agencies offer multiple levels of certification. To obtain certification and earn the credentials, you’ll be required to pass a computer-based certification test. You’ll need to take a separate test for each certification you want to earn.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coders in Nevada
According to a U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics May 2013 report, medical records and health information technicians earned an average annual wage of $34,160 nationwide. They also reported that those working in Nevada earned $38,530 – an amount slightly higher than the national average. This indicates that Nevada might be a good state to consider working as a medical insurance - billing & coding specialist.
List of Nevada Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Although Nevada doesn’t have dozens of medical biller and coder schools like some states, it does have some that offer certificates or degrees in this field. Here is a list of Nevada schools.
• Career College of Northern Nevada – Sparks, NV - Associate of Occupational Studies in Health Information Management – 18 months
• Carrington College – Reno, NV - Medical Billing and Coding Certificate – 42 weeks
• College of Southern Nevada – Las Vegas, NV – Medical Coding Certificate – 5 semesters
• Great Basin College – Elko, NV – Medical Coding and Billing Certificate – 34 credits
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Nevada
|Anthem Institute – Las Vegas||2320 S. Rancho Drive|
Las Vegas, NV 89102
|Career College of Northern Nevada||1421 Pullman Dr., |
Sparks, NV 89434
|Northwest Health Careers||7398 Smoke Ranch Road|
Las Vegas, Nevada 89128