Have you considered working as a medical billing & coding specialist but aren’t sure what you need to do? Read this article and you’ll know all the important facts on medical billing & coding schools in Nevada, as well as what this career entails.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Nevada
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Health Information Management
- Master of Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
When you’re looking for a school that offers medical billing & coding training programs, it’s important to make sure the school is accredited. The two most well-known accrediting agencies for this field are the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) Accreditation and the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Schools that are AAPC- and AHIMA-accredited offer the necessary training to become medical billing & coding specialists. The schools must be accredited if you want to obtain certification. Medical insurance - billing & coding training programs include a blended curriculum of administrative and clinical courses, as well as clinical education.
Medical Biller/Coding Certification in Nevada
Once you’ve completed your medical insurance - billing & coding program, you may want to consider becoming certified. Certification, though not typically required, is looked on favorably by potential employers. Two agencies that offer medical insurance - billing & coding certification are the AAPC and the AHIMA; both of these agencies offer multiple levels of certification. To obtain certification and earn the credentials, you’ll be required to pass a computer-based certification test. You’ll need to take a separate test for each certification you want to earn.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coders in Nevada
According to a U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics May 2013 report, medical records and health information technicians earned an average annual wage of $34,160 nationwide. They also reported that those working in Nevada earned $38,530 – an amount slightly higher than the national average. This indicates that Nevada might be a good state to consider working as a medical insurance - billing & coding specialist.
List of Nevada Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Although Nevada doesn’t have dozens of medical biller and coder schools like some states, it does have some that offer certificates or degrees in this field. Here is a list of Nevada schools.
• Career College of Northern Nevada – Sparks, NV - Associate of Occupational Studies in Health Information Management – 18 months
• Carrington College – Reno, NV - Medical Billing and Coding Certificate – 42 weeks
• College of Southern Nevada – Las Vegas, NV – Medical Coding Certificate – 5 semesters
• Great Basin College – Elko, NV – Medical Coding and Billing Certificate – 34 credits
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Nevada
|Anthem Institute – Las Vegas||2320 S. Rancho Drive|
Las Vegas, NV 89102
|Career College of Northern Nevada||1421 Pullman Dr., |
Sparks, NV 89434
|Northwest Health Careers||7398 Smoke Ranch Road|
Las Vegas, Nevada 89128