Job searching is rarely a lighthearted and encouraging experience. But, for those considering a career in medical billing & coding will find a treasure trove of opportunities waiting for them in Missouri. The "Show Me State" not only offers a variety of medical billing & coding job openings daily, but it also provides plenty of schools and programs to gain the training and certification needed to be a prime candidate for these positions.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Missouri
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Health Information Management
- Master of Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Missouri
Medical billers and coders have an important part to play in health care clinics and hospitals. They are responsible for submitting health information for coding and billing, organizing records and data, understanding the law as it related to medical records, having the ability to communicate effectively with physicians, insurance companies and patients. While a certificate or degree is not always required in order to become a medical biller and coder, it is definitely preferred. And, the benefits from taking the classes and having the proper training will help to put the potential employee ahead of the competition. From Kansas City to St. Louis, Missouri is replete with a variety of schools and programs to ensure proper certification.
Medical Biller/Coding Certification in Missouri
Attending one of Missouri's medical billing & coding schools will usually award students a certificate or Associate's degree in Health Information/Technology upon completion. In rare occasions, such as at Saint Louis University, students have the option of obtaining a Bachelor's degree. These programs will prepare students with a comprehensive understanding of diagnosis and procedure coding standards and will prepare them to get their CCS (Certified Coding Specialist) and CCA (Certified Coding Associate) credentials.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coder in Missouri
The average medical biller and coder in Missouri makes between $25,000 and $35,000 annually. Those who have received the training and certification from a medical billing & coding school have the potential to earn more. Thus, it is important to consider receiving a certificate or degree from one of the following schools.
List of Missouri Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Franklin Technology Center
Metropolitan Community College
Missouri Western State University
North Central Missouri College
Ozarks Technical Community College
Pinnacle Career Institute
Saint Louis University
St. Charles Community College
St. Louis Community College
St. Louis College of Health Careers
State Fair Community College
Wichita Technical Institute
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Missouri
|Anthem College – Fenton||645 Gravois Bluffs Blvd.|
Fenton, MO 63026
|Anthem College – Kansas City||9001 State Line Road|
Kansas City, MO 64114
|Concorde Career Colleges – Kansas City||3239 Broadway, |
Kansas City, MO 64111
|Everest College – St. Louis||3420 Rider Trail South|
Earth City, MO 63045
|Grantham University||7200 NW 86th St|
Kansas City, Missouri 64153
|Heritage College – Kansas City||1200 E 104th St., Suite 300|
Kansas City, MO 64131
|Metro Business College – Cape Girardeau||1732 N Kingshighway St|
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
|Missouri College||1405 S Hanley Rd, |
Brentwood, MO 63144
|Sanford-Brown College – Fenton||1345 Smizer Mill Rd, |
Fenton, MO 63026
|Sanford-Brown College – Hazelwood||75 Village Square|
Hazelwood, MO 63042
|Sanford-Brown – Saint Peters||100 Richmond Center Blvd, |
St Peters, MO 63376
|St. Louis College of Health Careers – Fenton||1297 North Highway Drive|
Fenton, MO 63026
|St. Louis Community College – Forest Park||5600 Oakland Ave, |
St Louis, MO 63110
|Vatterott College – Sunset Hills||12900 Maurer Industrial Drive, |
St. Louis, MO 63127