Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Miami , FLIf you're considering a career in medical billing and coding in Miami, there is no shortage of options in choosing a school. Whether you are seeking a quick certification or an associate of science degree, you will be accommodated. Some schools offer distance education as well to help keep up with the demand for this growing field. Every school will provide education in medical terminology, basic and advanced coding systems, principles of diseases, and billing methods. Many even offer advanced courses for management in their curriculum. Do some research and find which school would be just right for you!
- Health Claims Specialist Plus
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Health Information Management
- Master of Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
The Metropolitan Institute of Health and Technology (MIHT) is dedicated to educating men and women to serve with confidence in the health and technology industry. MIHT provides career training for students to move forward in their chosen field of study, changing their lives for the better. MIHT strives to provide quality education with affordable tuition. Our staff works to determine the best financial options for students on an individualized level.
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Electronic Health Records
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Medical Billing and Coding Certification in Miami, FLThe American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) is the organization that offers exams and certifications that are recognized by virtually every employer in the market. Most schools base their curriculum around the expectations of the AACP, as they are the authority of medical billing and coding certification. The exams AACP offer are:
CPC (physician practice)
CPC-H (outpatient facility)
CIC (inpatient facility)
CPB (certified professional biller)
CPMA (certified professinal medical auditor)
CPCO (certified professional compliance officer)
CPPM (certified physician practice manager)
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coder in Miami, FLIn Miami, the salary for a medical biller and coder can vary depending on your level of experience. The average salary reported is about $32,000/year or about $15.38/hour. If you work your way up into a management position, you can expect a salary upwards of $51,000. Of course, the level of responsibility increases with the pay.
List of Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Miami, FLMiami Dade College offers a 3 semester program.
Barry University has a 10 week basic program.
Dade Medical College is a distance education program that offers an associate of science degree.
Everest College has 3 campuses around the greater Miami area.
University of Phoenix offers online education.