Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Miami , FLIf you're considering a career in medical billing and coding in Miami, there is no shortage of options in choosing a school. Whether you are seeking a quick certification or an associate of science degree, you will be accommodated. Some schools offer distance education as well to help keep up with the demand for this growing field. Every school will provide education in medical terminology, basic and advanced coding systems, principles of diseases, and billing methods. Many even offer advanced courses for management in their curriculum. Do some research and find which school would be just right for you!
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Health Claims Specialist Plus
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Billing and Coding
The Metropolitan Institute of Health and Technology (MIHT) is dedicated to educating men and women to serve with confidence in the health and technology industry. MIHT provides career training for students to move forward in their chosen field of study, changing their lives for the better. MIHT strives to provide quality education with affordable tuition. Our staff works to determine the best financial options for students on an individualized level.
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
Study for your graduate education with University of Illinois at Chicago. We offer master’s degree and post-master’s certificate programs in health informatics that can be completed 100% online.
- Master of Science in Health Informatics
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Medical Billing and Coding Certification in Miami, FLThe American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) is the organization that offers exams and certifications that are recognized by virtually every employer in the market. Most schools base their curriculum around the expectations of the AACP, as they are the authority of medical billing and coding certification. The exams AACP offer are:
CPC (physician practice)
CPC-H (outpatient facility)
CIC (inpatient facility)
CPB (certified professional biller)
CPMA (certified professinal medical auditor)
CPCO (certified professional compliance officer)
CPPM (certified physician practice manager)
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coder in Miami, FLIn Miami, the salary for a medical biller and coder can vary depending on your level of experience. The average salary reported is about $32,000/year or about $15.38/hour. If you work your way up into a management position, you can expect a salary upwards of $51,000. Of course, the level of responsibility increases with the pay.
List of Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Miami, FLMiami Dade College offers a 3 semester program.
Barry University has a 10 week basic program.
Dade Medical College is a distance education program that offers an associate of science degree.
Everest College has 3 campuses around the greater Miami area.
University of Phoenix offers online education.