Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Miami , FLIf you're considering a career in medical billing and coding in Miami, there is no shortage of options in choosing a school. Whether you are seeking a quick certification or an associate of science degree, you will be accommodated. Some schools offer distance education as well to help keep up with the demand for this growing field. Every school will provide education in medical terminology, basic and advanced coding systems, principles of diseases, and billing methods. Many even offer advanced courses for management in their curriculum. Do some research and find which school would be just right for you!
Matching School Ads
Harris School of Business offers career-focused education that gives you the skills you need to make the leap into your new career.
- Health Claims Specialist Plus
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Medical Billing and Coding Certification in Miami, FLThe American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) is the organization that offers exams and certifications that are recognized by virtually every employer in the market. Most schools base their curriculum around the expectations of the AACP, as they are the authority of medical billing and coding certification. The exams AACP offer are:
CPC (physician practice)
CPC-H (outpatient facility)
CIC (inpatient facility)
CPB (certified professional biller)
CPMA (certified professinal medical auditor)
CPCO (certified professional compliance officer)
CPPM (certified physician practice manager)
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coder in Miami, FLIn Miami, the salary for a medical biller and coder can vary depending on your level of experience. The average salary reported is about $32,000/year or about $15.38/hour. If you work your way up into a management position, you can expect a salary upwards of $51,000. Of course, the level of responsibility increases with the pay.
List of Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Miami, FLMiami Dade College offers a 3 semester program.
Barry University has a 10 week basic program.
Dade Medical College is a distance education program that offers an associate of science degree.
Everest College has 3 campuses around the greater Miami area.
University of Phoenix offers online education.