If you’re looking for a career that allows you to play a role in the medical profession without having to work with patients, you may enjoy a career as a medical billing & coding specialist. To learn more about this career and how to become a medical biller and coder in Massachusetts, continue reading and get all the information you need.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Massachusetts
- Health Claims Specialist
- Health Claims Specialist
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration and Management
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Care Administration - D.B.A.
- Health Care Administration - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- And more...
According to the National Center for Education Statistics, Massachusetts has at least nine accredited medical billing & coding schools in the state. Look for schools that are accredited by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) because they offer the type of training programs and classes required to become medical billers and coders and also prepare students to take certification exams. Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding programs include medical office classes and clinical education.
Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding Certification in Massachusetts
Although Massachusetts doesn’t require that medical billing & coding specialists be certified, voluntary certification can help enhance the resume and increase earning potential. Additionally, employers tend to prefer their specialist be certified. Certification can be obtained by passing computer-based certification exams, which are offered through both the AAPC and the AHIMA. There are several credentials that can be earned, such as Certified Professional Coder, Certified Professional Biller and Certified Coding Specialist, among others.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coders in Massachusetts
According to a May 2014 Salary.com report, medical biller and coders in Massachusetts earned salaries higher than the national average. Medical coders and Billers working in Pittsfield earned average annual salaries of $35,366, while those in Lowell, Brockton and Boston earned average wages of $37,184. Other factors that may affect earning potential are level of training, work experience and number of certifications earned.
List of Massachusetts Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Below a list of some of the schools in Massachusetts schools that offer medical coding and billing programs or degrees.
Bunker Hill Community College – Boston, MA - Medical Coding Certificate – 27 credits (evening program)
Cape Cod Community College – Barnstable, MA - Medical Coding and Billing Certificate – 1 year
Fisher College – Boston, MA – Medical Coding Certificate – 13 months
North Shore Community College – Danvers, MA – Medical Coding Certificate – 30 weeks
Springfield Technical Community College – Springfield, MA – Medical Coding and Billing Specialist Certificate – 1 year
Springfield Technical Community College – Springfield, MA – Associate in Science in Medical Coding and Billing Specialist – 2 years
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Massachussetts
|Bunker Hill Community College||250 New Rutherford Avenue |
Boston, Massachusetts 02129
|Everest Institute-Chelsea||70 Everett Avenue Chelsea, MA 02150||chelsea.everestinstitute.edu|
|Fisher College||118 Beacon Street,|
Boston, MA 02116
|Massachusetts Bay Community College||50 Oakland Street|
Wellesley Hills, MA 02481
|Massasoit Community College||One Massasoit Blvd.|
Brockton, MA 02302
|Millennium Training Institute||600 West Cummings Park, Suite 2550 |
Woburn, MA 01801
|Mount Wachusett Community College||444 Green St., Gardner, MA 01440||mwcc.edu|
|North Shore Community College||1 Ferncroft Road, |
Danvers, MA 01923
|Salter College-West Boylston||184 West Boylston Street|
West Boylston, MA 01583
|Salter School-Fall River||82 Hartwell St, |
Fall River, MA 02720
|Salter School-Malden Campus||2 Florence Street|
Malden, MA 02148
|Salter School-Tewksbury Campus||515 Woburn St, Tewksbury, MA 01876||www.saltercollege.com|
|Springfield Technical Community College||1 Armory St, |
Springfield, MA 01105