One of many growing career opportunities is the field of medical coding and billing. In order to pursue employment in this field, an individual should get the proper education at an accredited school or university, and then take the necessary steps to become certified. Below is a basic rundown of what to expect in the state of Maine when it comes to medical billing & coding.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Maine
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Health Information Management
- Master of Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
In order to gain the correct training and classes, a person needs to first locate a school that is accredited in medical billing & coding. The following locations are available to pursue a degree or certificate in Maine: Northern Maine Community college, located in Presque Isle; Central Maine Community College, located in Auburn; Kaplan University located in Augusta; and also various accredited online programs such as Westwood College, and Career Step.
Medical Billing & Coding Certification In Maine
Certification for medical billing & coding in Maine begins first with having a GED or a high school diploma. American Health Information Management Association (or AHIMA) will be what a person goes through for the certification. Once an individual has a diploma or GED, training must be received at an accredited school and can require anything from a certificate to an Associate’s degree or a Bachelor’s degree, depending on the type of certificate that is pursued. Once the classes have been completed, the person may then sit for the certification exam.
Salaries For Medical Biller And Coder In Maine
In Maine, the annual salary for a medical biller or coder is generally within the following ranges: The first is from $25,900 to $35,679, with a median salary of $30,890. Second is from $27,514 to $37,902, with a median salary of $32,815. Third is from $29,748 to $40,980, with a median salary of $35,480. Salary will vary according to level of education and amount of experience obtained.
List Maine Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Programs for gaining a degree in the state of Maine are as follows: Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding Certificate; Health Claims Specialist; Associates in Medical Insurance - Coding & Billing; Medical Insurance Billing and Coding; Electronic Health Records Office Professional Certificate; Professional Medical Insurace - Billing & Coding Certificate; Certified Medical Billing and Claims; and Medical Billing and Coding Diploma.
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Maine
|Central Maine Community College||1250 Turner Street, Auburn, Maine 04210||www.cmcc.edu|
|Northern Maine Community College||33 Edgemont Drive|
Presque Isle, ME 04769
|Seacoast Career Schools-Sanford Campus||1 Eagle Drive|
Sanford, ME 04073