One of many growing career opportunities is the field of medical coding and billing. In order to pursue employment in this field, an individual should get the proper education at an accredited school or university, and then take the necessary steps to become certified. Below is a basic rundown of what to expect in the state of Maine when it comes to medical billing & coding.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Maine
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Associate of Applied Science:Office Management
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
- Online MHA Concentration in Population Management
- Online MHA Concentration in Senior Services
- Online General MHA
- And more...
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Informatics Specialization
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Health Care Management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
In order to gain the correct training and classes, a person needs to first locate a school that is accredited in medical billing & coding. The following locations are available to pursue a degree or certificate in Maine: Northern Maine Community college, located in Presque Isle; Central Maine Community College, located in Auburn; Kaplan University located in Augusta; and also various accredited online programs such as Westwood College, and Career Step.
Medical Billing & Coding Certification In Maine
Certification for medical billing & coding in Maine begins first with having a GED or a high school diploma. American Health Information Management Association (or AHIMA) will be what a person goes through for the certification. Once an individual has a diploma or GED, training must be received at an accredited school and can require anything from a certificate to an Associate’s degree or a Bachelor’s degree, depending on the type of certificate that is pursued. Once the classes have been completed, the person may then sit for the certification exam.
Salaries For Medical Biller And Coder In Maine
In Maine, the annual salary for a medical biller or coder is generally within the following ranges: The first is from $25,900 to $35,679, with a median salary of $30,890. Second is from $27,514 to $37,902, with a median salary of $32,815. Third is from $29,748 to $40,980, with a median salary of $35,480. Salary will vary according to level of education and amount of experience obtained.
List Maine Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Programs for gaining a degree in the state of Maine are as follows: Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding Certificate; Health Claims Specialist; Associates in Medical Insurance - Coding & Billing; Medical Insurance Billing and Coding; Electronic Health Records Office Professional Certificate; Professional Medical Insurace - Billing & Coding Certificate; Certified Medical Billing and Claims; and Medical Billing and Coding Diploma.
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Maine
|Central Maine Community College||1250 Turner Street, Auburn, Maine 04210||www.cmcc.edu|
|Northern Maine Community College||33 Edgemont Drive|
Presque Isle, ME 04769
|Seacoast Career Schools-Sanford Campus||1 Eagle Drive|
Sanford, ME 04073