Medical billing & coding schools in Louisiana are plentiful for those who are interested in working in a medical facility. This career offers good employment growth and can usually be reached in less than two years.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding School Louisiana
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Billing and Coding
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Billing & Coding Specialist
- Medical Office Specialist
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
Founded in 2003, IAU College of Medicine is located in the heart of the Caribbean Islands in Vieux Fort, St. Lucia, West Indies. IAU College of Medicine is chartered and accredited by the Government of Saint Lucia as a comprehensive university with the authority to confer the Doctor of Medicine degree.
- MD-Basic Sciences
- MD-Clinical Sciences
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, Marketing, and more.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Informatics Specialization
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with multiple concentrations
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Concentrations help students tailor their education for the career they want
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Health Care Management
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Louisiana
If you’re interested in being trained to work as a medical billing & coding specialist in Louisiana, it’s important to find a school that’s accredited by an agency such as the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Accreditation is important because most certifying agencies require that the student complete an accredited medical billing & coding training program. Schools that are accredited also provide the didactic courses and internships required to prepare you for work in this field. The National Center for Education Statistics reports that Louisiana has more than a dozen medical billing & coding schools in the state.
Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding Certification in Louisiana
Individuals who wish to become certified can do so through organizations such as the AAPC or the AHIMA. Both of these agencies offer several types of certifications for candidates who pass the computer-based certification exam. One must take a different exam for each type of credential they hope to earn. Certification, although not required by law, is generally preferred by employers. Maintaining certification typically requires completion of continuing education.
Salary for Medical Biller and Coders in Louisiana
Medical billers and coders working in Louisiana earned a mean annual wage of $32,510 as of a May 2013 report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). This figure was substantially lower than the $37,710 that the BLS reported as the national average for this profession. Wages can also vary by the type of facility (hospital vs. Clinic), level of training and number of certifications.
List of Louisiana Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Below is a list of Louisiana schools that offer certificates, diplomas or degrees in medical billing & coding.
• Certificate in Applied Science in Medical Coding – 42 credit hours - Delgado Community College – New Orleans, LA
• Bachelor of Science in Health Informatics & Information Management – 4 years - Louisiana Tech University – Ruston, LA
• Certificate of Technical Studies in Office Assistant Specialist – 21 credit hours - Northshore Technical Community College – Bogalusa, LA
• Certificate of Applied Science in Medical Coding and Billing – 39 credit hours - Nunez Community College – Chalmette, LA
• Associate of Applied Science in Business Technology – Medical Office Management – 2 years – Nunez Community College – Chalmette, LA
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Louisiana
|More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in|
|Cameron College||2740 Canal Street|
New Orleans, LA 70119
|Career Technical College – Shreveport||2319 Louisville Ave.|
Monroe, LA 71201
1227 Shreveport-Barksdale Hwy
Shreveport, LA 71105
|Gretna Career College||1415 Whitney Ave|
Gretna, LA 70053
|Herzing University-New Orleans||2500 Williams Blvd|
Kenner, LA 70062
|Nunez Community College||3710 Paris Rd.|
Chalmette, LA 70043
|Remington College-Baton Rouge||10551 Coursey Blvd.|
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
|Remington College-Lafayette Campus||303 Rue Louis XIV|
Lafayette, LA 70508
|Remington College-Shreveport||2106 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop|
Shreveport, LA 71118
|Southern University at Shreveport||3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive|
Shreveport, LA 71107