Medical billing & coding schools in Louisiana are plentiful for those who are interested in working in a medical facility. This career offers good employment growth and can usually be reached in less than two years.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding School Louisiana
- Find your future with a degree in Medical Billing and Coding from Fortis
- Degree offered across 10 campuses in AZ, FL, MD, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX and UT
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis also offers this degree online, for students who need more flexibility
- Be prepared for both office & hospital settings with the latest software systems
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Records
- Medical Office Assisting
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Health Information Management
- Master of Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Louisiana
If you’re interested in being trained to work as a medical billing & coding specialist in Louisiana, it’s important to find a school that’s accredited by an agency such as the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Accreditation is important because most certifying agencies require that the student complete an accredited medical billing & coding training program. Schools that are accredited also provide the didactic courses and internships required to prepare you for work in this field. The National Center for Education Statistics reports that Louisiana has more than a dozen medical billing & coding schools in the state.
Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding Certification in Louisiana
Individuals who wish to become certified can do so through organizations such as the AAPC or the AHIMA. Both of these agencies offer several types of certifications for candidates who pass the computer-based certification exam. One must take a different exam for each type of credential they hope to earn. Certification, although not required by law, is generally preferred by employers. Maintaining certification typically requires completion of continuing education.
Salary for Medical Biller and Coders in Louisiana
Medical billers and coders working in Louisiana earned a mean annual wage of $32,510 as of a May 2013 report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). This figure was substantially lower than the $37,710 that the BLS reported as the national average for this profession. Wages can also vary by the type of facility (hospital vs. Clinic), level of training and number of certifications.
List of Louisiana Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Below is a list of Louisiana schools that offer certificates, diplomas or degrees in medical billing & coding.
• Certificate in Applied Science in Medical Coding – 42 credit hours - Delgado Community College – New Orleans, LA
• Bachelor of Science in Health Informatics & Information Management – 4 years - Louisiana Tech University – Ruston, LA
• Certificate of Technical Studies in Office Assistant Specialist – 21 credit hours - Northshore Technical Community College – Bogalusa, LA
• Certificate of Applied Science in Medical Coding and Billing – 39 credit hours - Nunez Community College – Chalmette, LA
• Associate of Applied Science in Business Technology – Medical Office Management – 2 years – Nunez Community College – Chalmette, LA
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Louisiana
|More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in|
|Cameron College||2740 Canal Street|
New Orleans, LA 70119
|Career Technical College – Shreveport||2319 Louisville Ave.|
Monroe, LA 71201
1227 Shreveport-Barksdale Hwy
Shreveport, LA 71105
|Gretna Career College||1415 Whitney Ave|
Gretna, LA 70053
|Herzing University-New Orleans||2500 Williams Blvd|
Kenner, LA 70062
|Nunez Community College||3710 Paris Rd.|
Chalmette, LA 70043
|Remington College-Baton Rouge||10551 Coursey Blvd.|
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
|Remington College-Lafayette Campus||303 Rue Louis XIV|
Lafayette, LA 70508
|Remington College-Shreveport||2106 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop|
Shreveport, LA 71118
|Southern University at Shreveport||3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive|
Shreveport, LA 71107