Medical billing & coding schools in Louisiana are plentiful for those who are interested in working in a medical facility. This career offers good employment growth and can usually be reached in less than two years.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding School Louisiana
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Billing and Coding
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Massage Therapy
- Business Administration
- Electronic Health Records
- Healthcare Information Technology
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Medical Assisting/Medical Clinical Assistant
- Surgical Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Commercial & Industrial Maintenance Technician
- IT Support Specialist
- Cyber Security
- Medical Billing and Coding - Diploma
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health Information Management
- Master of Health Information Management
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Louisiana
If you’re interested in being trained to work as a medical billing & coding specialist in Louisiana, it’s important to find a school that’s accredited by an agency such as the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Accreditation is important because most certifying agencies require that the student complete an accredited medical billing & coding training program. Schools that are accredited also provide the didactic courses and internships required to prepare you for work in this field. The National Center for Education Statistics reports that Louisiana has more than a dozen medical billing & coding schools in the state.
Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding Certification in Louisiana
Individuals who wish to become certified can do so through organizations such as the AAPC or the AHIMA. Both of these agencies offer several types of certifications for candidates who pass the computer-based certification exam. One must take a different exam for each type of credential they hope to earn. Certification, although not required by law, is generally preferred by employers. Maintaining certification typically requires completion of continuing education.
Salary for Medical Biller and Coders in Louisiana
Medical billers and coders working in Louisiana earned a mean annual wage of $32,510 as of a May 2013 report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). This figure was substantially lower than the $37,710 that the BLS reported as the national average for this profession. Wages can also vary by the type of facility (hospital vs. Clinic), level of training and number of certifications.
List of Louisiana Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Below is a list of Louisiana schools that offer certificates, diplomas or degrees in medical billing & coding.
• Certificate in Applied Science in Medical Coding – 42 credit hours - Delgado Community College – New Orleans, LA
• Bachelor of Science in Health Informatics & Information Management – 4 years - Louisiana Tech University – Ruston, LA
• Certificate of Technical Studies in Office Assistant Specialist – 21 credit hours - Northshore Technical Community College – Bogalusa, LA
• Certificate of Applied Science in Medical Coding and Billing – 39 credit hours - Nunez Community College – Chalmette, LA
• Associate of Applied Science in Business Technology – Medical Office Management – 2 years – Nunez Community College – Chalmette, LA
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Louisiana
|More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in|
|Cameron College||2740 Canal Street|
New Orleans, LA 70119
|Career Technical College – Shreveport||2319 Louisville Ave.|
Monroe, LA 71201
1227 Shreveport-Barksdale Hwy
Shreveport, LA 71105
|Gretna Career College||1415 Whitney Ave|
Gretna, LA 70053
|Herzing University-New Orleans||2500 Williams Blvd|
Kenner, LA 70062
|Nunez Community College||3710 Paris Rd.|
Chalmette, LA 70043
|Remington College-Baton Rouge||10551 Coursey Blvd.|
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
|Remington College-Lafayette Campus||303 Rue Louis XIV|
Lafayette, LA 70508
|Remington College-Shreveport||2106 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop|
Shreveport, LA 71118
|Southern University at Shreveport||3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive|
Shreveport, LA 71107