At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Billing & Insurance Coding (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Office Specialist (10-Month Diploma Program)
Back to School Scholarship Available to All New Students Until October 22nd.
Since 1996, Southern California Health Institute has been dedicated and committed to helping students achieve their dreams by providing an exceptional education that enables them to become skilled and successful manual therapists. We have graduated over 1,500 students who are now a part of a larger community of wellness and healthcare.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Program
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Administrative Medical Assistant
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Los Angeles
To work as a medical coder and biller, you’ll typically need to complete a training program at a school that’s accredited by either the American Academy of Professional Coders or the American Health Information Management Association. These programs are usually short-term programs that can be completed in less than a year, unless students pursue degrees. Students complete classes on medical coding, medical transcription, medical terminology, medical insurance claims and office management. A supervised internship in a medical office generally completes the program. Finding a school that’s accredited is very important because it’s a requirement for certification upon graduation.
Medical Billing & Coding Certification in Los Angeles
Medical billing and coding specialists are not licensed or regulated in California; however, many graduates choose to become certified to improve their employment opportunities or wage potential. There are several paths towards certification, and they all require completing an accredited training program and/or having sufficient work experience and passing a written examination. The AAPC and the AHIMA offer certification exams and training programs.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coders in Los Angeles
Salary.com reports that these professionals earned an average annual wage of $34,643 in Los Angeles as of October 2014. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics states that California is the 2nd-highest paying state for this occupation. California can be a very lucrative state for certified medical billers and coders, which might explain why this state is also the 2nd-highest in number of medical records and health care technicians employed as of May 2013.
List of Medical Billing and Coding Programs in Los Angeles
• Career College Consultants – Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
• Bryman College – Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
• Bryan College – Associate Degree in Advanced Medical Billing, Coding and Electronic Health Records
• Westwood College – Associate Degree in Medical Insurance Coding and Billing & Associate Degree in Health Information Technology
• Downey Adult School - Medical Biller & Coder
• American Career College – Medical Billing and Coding Program
• United Education Institute – Medical Insurance Specialist/Medical Biller