- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Billing and Coding Specialist
- Health Care Administration
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Billing & Insurance Coding (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Office Specialist (10-Month Diploma Program)
North-West College prides itself for having modern, well-equipped facilities that are centered on the student’s experience.
North-West College (NWC) was founded in 1966 by Marsha Fuerst. Mrs. Fuerst's family has been involved in the allied health field since the early 1950's. North-West College continues to be owned and operated by Mrs. Fuerst's son Mitchell Fuerst. The Fuersts' passion for career education and their desire to provide high quality, relevant training is one of the guiding principles of the College.
Our College's mission is to prepare students in short term programs for gainful employment. To accomplish this, we furnish a professional faculty, well-qualified administrators, and a top-notch support staff. Facilities are well equipped, clean, and decorated to keep the atmosphere vibrant, friendly, and warm. The quality of education is the highest priority at the College. Students are accepted on their ability to benefit regardless for race, color, or creed.
- Medical Insurance Biller
- Online Billing & Coding
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Health Information Management
Valley College of Medical Careers in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles, California– is the perfect place for you to receive an expert education in the healthcare field and to attain your career goals. We offer superb programs in Pharmacy Technician, Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, and Surgical Technology. Whether you are starting on the path to your first job, transitioning from another field, or if you are a healthcare professional who wants to change jobs in the same field, enrolling in one of our programs can provide you with a superior education, professional classroom training, and real-world experience through externships and also job placement assistance. Our outstanding programs are offered continually, throughout the year, during the day and the evening. Our flexible class schedules allow you to seamlessly sync your education with the rest of your life. Furthermore, our programs are taught by accomplished and experienced industry professionals who are engaged in the educational process and are dedicated to imparting their knowledge to you via traditional instruction and hands-on clinical experience. At VCMC, we offer a warm, welcoming, and nurturing environment–we are like one big happy family!
- Medical Billing & Coding
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Administrative Medical Assistant
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Los Angeles
To work as a medical coder and biller, you’ll typically need to complete a training program at a school that’s accredited by either the American Academy of Professional Coders or the American Health Information Management Association. These programs are usually short-term programs that can be completed in less than a year, unless students pursue degrees. Students complete classes on medical coding, medical transcription, medical terminology, medical insurance claims and office management. A supervised internship in a medical office generally completes the program. Finding a school that’s accredited is very important because it’s a requirement for certification upon graduation.
Medical Billing & Coding Certification in Los Angeles
Medical billing and coding specialists are not licensed or regulated in California; however, many graduates choose to become certified to improve their employment opportunities or wage potential. There are several paths towards certification, and they all require completing an accredited training program and/or having sufficient work experience and passing a written examination. The AAPC and the AHIMA offer certification exams and training programs.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coders in Los Angeles
Salary.com reports that these professionals earned an average annual wage of $34,643 in Los Angeles as of October 2014. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics states that California is the 2nd-highest paying state for this occupation. California can be a very lucrative state for certified medical billers and coders, which might explain why this state is also the 2nd-highest in number of medical records and health care technicians employed as of May 2013.
List of Medical Billing and Coding Programs in Los Angeles
• Career College Consultants – Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
• Bryman College – Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
• Bryan College – Associate Degree in Advanced Medical Billing, Coding and Electronic Health Records
• Westwood College – Associate Degree in Medical Insurance Coding and Billing & Associate Degree in Health Information Technology
• Downey Adult School - Medical Biller & Coder
• American Career College – Medical Billing and Coding Program
• United Education Institute – Medical Insurance Specialist/Medical Biller