We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Diploma
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Administrative Specialist
Unitek College - About Us
Unitek College™ is a privately held vocational school dedicated to helping you gain the skills needed to advance your career or begin a brand new career. Your training at Unitek College will position you to take advantage of the rising demand for experts in allied health, nursing, and technology professions. Our programs include Medical Assisting, Pharmacy Technician, Dental Assisting, Vocational Nursing, and Bachelor of Science in Nursing: RN-to-BSN Degree Completion.
- Medical Office Administration
- Administrative Medical Assistant
You can advance your career with a degree from Charter College Online. We offer several Associates and Bachelors degrees in the business, health care, accounting and legal fields. Our accelerated programs are designed to help you complete your degree as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We help students get not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Office Administrative Assistant
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration and Management
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Los Angeles
To work as a medical coder and biller, you’ll typically need to complete a training program at a school that’s accredited by either the American Academy of Professional Coders or the American Health Information Management Association. These programs are usually short-term programs that can be completed in less than a year, unless students pursue degrees. Students complete classes on medical coding, medical transcription, medical terminology, medical insurance claims and office management. A supervised internship in a medical office generally completes the program. Finding a school that’s accredited is very important because it’s a requirement for certification upon graduation.
Medical Billing & Coding Certification in Los Angeles
Medical billing and coding specialists are not licensed or regulated in California; however, many graduates choose to become certified to improve their employment opportunities or wage potential. There are several paths towards certification, and they all require completing an accredited training program and/or having sufficient work experience and passing a written examination. The AAPC and the AHIMA offer certification exams and training programs.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coders in Los Angeles
Salary.com reports that these professionals earned an average annual wage of $34,643 in Los Angeles as of October 2014. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics states that California is the 2nd-highest paying state for this occupation. California can be a very lucrative state for certified medical billers and coders, which might explain why this state is also the 2nd-highest in number of medical records and health care technicians employed as of May 2013.
List of Medical Billing and Coding Programs in Los Angeles
• Career College Consultants – Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
• Bryman College – Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
• Bryan College – Associate Degree in Advanced Medical Billing, Coding and Electronic Health Records
• Westwood College – Associate Degree in Medical Insurance Coding and Billing & Associate Degree in Health Information Technology
• Downey Adult School - Medical Biller & Coder
• American Career College – Medical Billing and Coding Program
• United Education Institute – Medical Insurance Specialist/Medical Biller