Medical billing & coding specialists work in medical facilities and deal with the billing by using specific codes. Also referred to as medical records and health information technicians, these professionals are in demand, particularly with the increase in electronic billing. Read below about medical billing & coding schools in Kansas and what to look for in schools.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Kansas
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding Specialist
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Health Information Management
- Master of Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Once you’ve decided you want to become a medical billing & coding specialist, you’ll want to find an accredited school. It’s beneficial to find one that’s accredited by either the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) Accreditation or the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). The main reason for this is because most certifying agencies require that students complete a training program at an accredited or approved school. As a medical biller and coder student, you’ll complete both medical office classes and clinical education.
Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding Certification in Kansas
You don’t need to be certified to work as a medical biller and coder in Kansas. However, many employers prefer that their medical billing & coding specialists obtain certification to demonstrate their knowledge and skill in this field. The two most commonly used certification agencies are the AAPC and the AHIMA. To become certified, you must pass a computer-based test.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coders in Kansas
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that the average annual wage for medical records and health information technicians was $34,970 as of May 2013. Salary.com reports that medical coders and billers in Wichita earned an average salary of $33,249 as of May 2014, while those working in Lawrence and Kansas City earned $32,188 and $33,886. These figures would indicate that medical billers and coders in Kansas earn wages slightly less than the national average.
List of Kansas Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Whether students are pursuing certificates or degrees in medical coding and billing, there are plenty of programs from which to choose in Kansas. Here are just a few of the many schools that offer medical coding and billing training programs, as well as a little info on the programs.
• Barton County Community College – Great Bend, KS - Medical Coding Certificate – 47 credit hours
• Highland Community College – Highland, KS – Associate in Applied Science in Medical Coding – 2 years
• Johnson County Community College – Overland Park, KS – Medical Coding Certificate – 16 months
• Neosha County Community College – Chanute, KS – Healthcare Coding Certificate – 3 semesters
• Wichita Technical Institute – Wichita, KS – Medical Insurance Billing & Coding Specialist – 60 weeks
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Kansas
|Barton Community College||245 NE 30 RD|
Great Bend, KS 67530
|Brown Mackie College – Kansas City and Salina||9705 Lenexa Dr.|
Lenexa, KS, 66215
|Butler Community College||901 S Haverhill Rd, El Dorado, KS 67042||www.butlercc.edu|
|Cowley College||125 S 2nd St, Arkansas City, KS 67005||www.cowley.edu|
|Heritage College – Wichita||2800 South Rock Rd.|
Wichita, KS 67210
|Highland Community College||606 West Main Street|
Highland, KS 66035
|Hutchinson Community College||1300 North Plum, Hutchinson, KS 67501||www.hutchcc.edu|
|Neosho County Community College||800 West 14th Street |
Chanute, KS 66720
|Pinnacle Career Institute – Kansas City||11500 NW Ambassador Drive, Suite 221|
Kansas City, MO 64153
|Pinnacle Career Institute – Lawrence||1601 W. 23rd Street|
Lawrence, KS 66046
|Wichita Area Technical College||4004 N. Webb Road |
Wichita, KS 67226
|Wichita Technical Institute||2051 S. Meridian Ave.|
Wichita, KS 67213