Medical billing & coding specialists work in medical facilities and deal with the billing by using specific codes. Also referred to as medical records and health information technicians, these professionals are in demand, particularly with the increase in electronic billing. Read below about medical billing & coding schools in Kansas and what to look for in schools.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Kansas
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding Specialist
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration and Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Care Administration - D.B.A.
- Health Care Administration - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- And more...
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Business Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Marketing and Advertising, Business Information Systems Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Business Administration and Management Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Once you’ve decided you want to become a medical billing & coding specialist, you’ll want to find an accredited school. It’s beneficial to find one that’s accredited by either the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) Accreditation or the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). The main reason for this is because most certifying agencies require that students complete a training program at an accredited or approved school. As a medical biller and coder student, you’ll complete both medical office classes and clinical education.
Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding Certification in Kansas
You don’t need to be certified to work as a medical biller and coder in Kansas. However, many employers prefer that their medical billing & coding specialists obtain certification to demonstrate their knowledge and skill in this field. The two most commonly used certification agencies are the AAPC and the AHIMA. To become certified, you must pass a computer-based test.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coders in Kansas
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that the average annual wage for medical records and health information technicians was $34,970 as of May 2013. Salary.com reports that medical coders and billers in Wichita earned an average salary of $33,249 as of May 2014, while those working in Lawrence and Kansas City earned $32,188 and $33,886. These figures would indicate that medical billers and coders in Kansas earn wages slightly less than the national average.
List of Kansas Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Whether students are pursuing certificates or degrees in medical coding and billing, there are plenty of programs from which to choose in Kansas. Here are just a few of the many schools that offer medical coding and billing training programs, as well as a little info on the programs.
• Barton County Community College – Great Bend, KS - Medical Coding Certificate – 47 credit hours
• Highland Community College – Highland, KS – Associate in Applied Science in Medical Coding – 2 years
• Johnson County Community College – Overland Park, KS – Medical Coding Certificate – 16 months
• Neosha County Community College – Chanute, KS – Healthcare Coding Certificate – 3 semesters
• Wichita Technical Institute – Wichita, KS – Medical Insurance Billing & Coding Specialist – 60 weeks
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Kansas
|Barton Community College||245 NE 30 RD|
Great Bend, KS 67530
|Brown Mackie College – Kansas City and Salina||9705 Lenexa Dr.|
Lenexa, KS, 66215
|Butler Community College||901 S Haverhill Rd, El Dorado, KS 67042||www.butlercc.edu|
|Cowley College||125 S 2nd St, Arkansas City, KS 67005||www.cowley.edu|
|Heritage College – Wichita||2800 South Rock Rd.|
Wichita, KS 67210
|Highland Community College||606 West Main Street|
Highland, KS 66035
|Hutchinson Community College||1300 North Plum, Hutchinson, KS 67501||www.hutchcc.edu|
|Neosho County Community College||800 West 14th Street |
Chanute, KS 66720
|Pinnacle Career Institute – Kansas City||11500 NW Ambassador Drive, Suite 221|
Kansas City, MO 64153
|Pinnacle Career Institute – Lawrence||1601 W. 23rd Street|
Lawrence, KS 66046
|Wichita Area Technical College||4004 N. Webb Road |
Wichita, KS 67226
|Wichita Technical Institute||2051 S. Meridian Ave.|
Wichita, KS 67213