Medical Billing and Coding Schools in JacksonvilleThe career path for medical billing and coding is often referred to as medical records and health information technician. A typical day begins by reviewing the reports that need to be coded. You will be required to examine a doctor’s report from a specific procedure or checkup. As you review this, you can determine the best way to translate it all into code.
Southern Technical College provides education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enable graduates to obtain entry-level employment. As a student at Southern Technical College, you will have the opportunity learn in several different ways.
- Diploma - Medical Billing and Coding Technology
- Find your future with a degree in Medical Billing and Coding from Fortis
- Degree offered across 10 campuses in AZ, FL, MD, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX and UT
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis also offers this degree online, for students who need more flexibility
- Be prepared for both office & hospital settings with the latest software systems
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Records
- Medical Office Assisting
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Associate of Science in Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Office Admin/Billing and Coding
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Diploma
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Blended - Diploma
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Associate Degree
Pursue your education with American College for Medical Careers. We offer degree and diploma programs in the allied health field at our campus in Orlando, Florida.
- Medical Coding and Billing Specialist
- Health Services Administration - AS
- Medical Front Office and Billing (10-month diploma program)
The medical biller takes responsibility to make up the legal bills for the healthcare provider and then sends them out as soon as possible to their clients or an insurance company.
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Jacksonville, FloridaIn Jacksonville, there are many local institutions ready with such a program. The neighborhood community colleges may be your best budget option. If money is not a concern, specialty schools or online programs may offer a more accelerated program.
It is critical that you do your research before you make a concrete decision because you should only choose an accredited school. Also remember that earning a certificate does not transfer as college credits. You may want to continue your education at a later date and only college credits can be transferable. Many employers would rather hire someone with a degree. The associate degree program is called information technology.
Medical Billing & Coding Certification in Jacksonville, FloridaThe certificate classes typically cover basic inpatient and outpatient coding. Certification is a great option for those who already have a college degree. A smaller medical offices might hire with a certificate, however your advancement will be limited without further education.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coder in Jacksonville, FloridaThe job out look for Medical Biller and Coders in Jacksonville, Florida is expected to increase by 21 percent according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. You will continue to see an increasing focus on health data and informatics. Most organizations have move forward to the digitization of their health records. The median salary in the area is $32,374.
List of Medical Billing & Coding Programs in JacksonvilleThe top accredited programs for Medical Billing & Coding in Jacksonville are: United Education Institute,3563 Phillips Highway, Jacksonville, Florida Fortis Institute in Jacksonville, 5995-2 University Blvd West, Jacksonville, Florida Kaplan College-Jacksonville, 7450 Beach Blvd, Jacksonville, Florida Fortis College in Orange Park, 560 Wells Road, Orange Park, Florida and Sanford-Brown Institute in Jacksonville.
As a large portion of our population enters retirement, we begin to see an even greater demand for health care professionals. This great need also includes those who can process crucial data efficiently every day.