Medical Billing and Coding Schools in JacksonvilleThe career path for medical billing and coding is often referred to as medical records and health information technician. A typical day begins by reviewing the reports that need to be coded. You will be required to examine a doctor’s report from a specific procedure or checkup. As you review this, you can determine the best way to translate it all into code.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Associate of Science in Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Diploma
- Medical Coding and Billing
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Billing and Coding
Southern Technical College provides education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enable graduates to obtain entry-level employment. As a student at Southern Technical College, you will have the opportunity learn in several different ways.
- Medical Billing & Coding (Associates)
- Diploma - Medical Billing and Coding Technology
- Medical Office Administration (Associates)
As a student at Southeastern College, you will gain the training, skills, and knowledge you need to prepare for a rewarding career.
- Diploma in Electronic Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
Pursue your education with American College for Medical Careers. We offer degree and diploma programs in the allied health field at our campus in Orlando, Florida.
- Medical Coding and Billing Specialist
- Health Services Administration - AS
- Medical Front Office and Billing (10-month diploma program)
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
The medical biller takes responsibility to make up the legal bills for the healthcare provider and then sends them out as soon as possible to their clients or an insurance company.
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Jacksonville, FloridaIn Jacksonville, there are many local institutions ready with such a program. The neighborhood community colleges may be your best budget option. If money is not a concern, specialty schools or online programs may offer a more accelerated program.
It is critical that you do your research before you make a concrete decision because you should only choose an accredited school. Also remember that earning a certificate does not transfer as college credits. You may want to continue your education at a later date and only college credits can be transferable. Many employers would rather hire someone with a degree. The associate degree program is called information technology.
Medical Billing & Coding Certification in Jacksonville, FloridaThe certificate classes typically cover basic inpatient and outpatient coding. Certification is a great option for those who already have a college degree. A smaller medical offices might hire with a certificate, however your advancement will be limited without further education.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coder in Jacksonville, FloridaThe job out look for Medical Biller and Coders in Jacksonville, Florida is expected to increase by 21 percent according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. You will continue to see an increasing focus on health data and informatics. Most organizations have move forward to the digitization of their health records. The median salary in the area is $32,374.
List of Medical Billing & Coding Programs in JacksonvilleThe top accredited programs for Medical Billing & Coding in Jacksonville are: United Education Institute,3563 Phillips Highway, Jacksonville, Florida Fortis Institute in Jacksonville, 5995-2 University Blvd West, Jacksonville, Florida Kaplan College-Jacksonville, 7450 Beach Blvd, Jacksonville, Florida Fortis College in Orange Park, 560 Wells Road, Orange Park, Florida and Sanford-Brown Institute in Jacksonville.
As a large portion of our population enters retirement, we begin to see an even greater demand for health care professionals. This great need also includes those who can process crucial data efficiently every day.