Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Iowa
Medical billing & coding are not one and the same. The same person may be responsible for taking care of both tasks, but each task is highly different. Medical billers are responsible for making sure the correct bill is sent to the responsible party; medical coders, on the other hand, use specific codes to outline the medical procedures done and the diagnoses determined.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding School Iowa
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration and Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Care Administration - D.B.A.
- Health Care Administration - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Business Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Medical billing & coding specialists don't have to hold certification in order to find work. However, employers prefer to hire specialists who are certified and are willing to pay them more money than their non-certified counterparts. Apply with the American Academy of Professional Coders to take its certification exam.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coder in Iowa
According to the AAPC, medical billing & coding specialists earn an average of $46,847 a year. However, those who gain certification can expect to make much more. For instance, those who hold a Certified Profession Coder certificate average $48,593 a year. Certified Professional Billers earn $61,667 a year, while Certified Professional Compliance Officers earn $69,138 a year.
List of Iowa Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Iowa is home to a number of schools that offer classes in both medical billing and medical coding. These include:
Vatterott College in Des Moines
Vatterott College was established in 1969 and since then has grown to 19 locations in nine states. It carries the distinction of being accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.
Mercy College of Health Sciences
Mercy College is also located in Des Moines. Programs in medical billing & coding take 10 months to complete and are held only during the fall and spring semesters.
Iowa Western Community College
Located in Council Bluffs, Iowa Western Community College offers a five-month training program that is approved by the Iowa Board of Nursing.
Des Moines Area Community College
The medical billing & coding classes at the Des Moines Area Community College culminate in 25 college credits. Applicants must be able to type 40 words per minute.
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Iowa
|Brown Mackie College – Quad Cities||2119 Kimberly Rd, Bettendorf, IA 52722||www.brownmackie.edu/quad-cities.aspx|
|Hamilton Technical College||011 East 53rd Street|
Davenport, Iowa 52807
|Indian Hills Community College||525 Grandview Avenue|
Ottumwa, IA 52501