Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Iowa
Medical billing & coding are not one and the same. The same person may be responsible for taking care of both tasks, but each task is highly different. Medical billers are responsible for making sure the correct bill is sent to the responsible party; medical coders, on the other hand, use specific codes to outline the medical procedures done and the diagnoses determined.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding School Iowa
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Medical billing & coding specialists don't have to hold certification in order to find work. However, employers prefer to hire specialists who are certified and are willing to pay them more money than their non-certified counterparts. Apply with the American Academy of Professional Coders to take its certification exam.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coder in Iowa
According to the AAPC, medical billing & coding specialists earn an average of $46,847 a year. However, those who gain certification can expect to make much more. For instance, those who hold a Certified Profession Coder certificate average $48,593 a year. Certified Professional Billers earn $61,667 a year, while Certified Professional Compliance Officers earn $69,138 a year.
List of Iowa Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Iowa is home to a number of schools that offer classes in both medical billing and medical coding. These include:
Vatterott College in Des Moines
Vatterott College was established in 1969 and since then has grown to 19 locations in nine states. It carries the distinction of being accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.
Mercy College of Health Sciences
Mercy College is also located in Des Moines. Programs in medical billing & coding take 10 months to complete and are held only during the fall and spring semesters.
Iowa Western Community College
Located in Council Bluffs, Iowa Western Community College offers a five-month training program that is approved by the Iowa Board of Nursing.
Des Moines Area Community College
The medical billing & coding classes at the Des Moines Area Community College culminate in 25 college credits. Applicants must be able to type 40 words per minute.
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Iowa
|Brown Mackie College – Quad Cities||2119 Kimberly Rd, Bettendorf, IA 52722||www.brownmackie.edu/quad-cities.aspx|
|Hamilton Technical College||011 East 53rd Street|
Davenport, Iowa 52807
|Indian Hills Community College||525 Grandview Avenue|
Ottumwa, IA 52501