Medical billing & coding is a field that is gaining popularity. It offers an individual to be part of the healthcare industry without having day-to-day patient contact. If you’d like to study to become a medical biller and coder, continue reading.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing & Coding School Illinois
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
Northwestern College is a special place. Focused programs. Flexible schedules. Supportive faculty. Externship opportunities. But you probably know all of that. What you may not know is what’s behind it. Our history, our mission, our whole philosophy really. Simply put, it’s about preparing people well and quickly for a lifetime of opportunities.
- Coding Specialist Certificate
- Medical Insurance Billing Specialist
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Office Assistant
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
- Online MHA Concentration in Population Management
- Online MHA Concentration in Senior Services
- Online General MHA
- And more...
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Founded in 2003, IAU College of Medicine is located in the heart of the Caribbean Islands in Vieux Fort, St. Lucia, West Indies. IAU College of Medicine is chartered and accredited by the Government of Saint Lucia as a comprehensive university with the authority to confer the Doctor of Medicine degree.
- MD-Basic Sciences
- MD-Clinical Sciences
The first step towards becoming a medical billing & coding specialist is to find an accredited school that offers this training. The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) are the two accrediting agencies most used for these programs. Unless students are pursuing degrees, they can usually complete medical billing & coding programs in a year or less. In addition to taking several medical classws, the student will complete a supervised internship for hands-on training.
Medical Insuracnce - Billing & Coding Certification in Illinois
Medical billing & coding specialists are not legally required to be certified in Illinois. However, voluntary certification speaks volumes to potential employers about your knowledge and commitment to this career. Students can obtain certification through both the AAPC and the AHIMA. Between these agencies, medical billers and coders can choose from the following certifications.
• Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
• Certified Professional Coder – Outpatient Hospital (CPC-H)
• Certified Professional Coder – Payer (CPC-P)
• Certified Professional Biller (CPB) certification
• Certified Coding Associate (CCA)
• Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
• Certified Coding Specialist – Physician- based (CCS-P)
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coders in Illinois
The salaries for medical coders and billers vary through the state of Illinois. Medical billers and coders working in Champaign and Moline earned average wages of $30,126 and $31,176, according to a May 2014 Salary.com report. Both of these figures are below the national average for this occupation. However, further north in Rockford the average salary for medical biller and coders was $34,502. These same workers in Chicago and Cicero earned average wages of $36,206, amounts that are higher than the national average.
List of Illinois Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Below you will find some Illinois schools that offer medical coding and billing programs or degrees, as well as a little info on the programs.
Black Hawk College – Moline, Ill - Medical Billing Specialist Certificate – 18 months
Black Hawk College - Moline, Ill - Medical Coding Specialist Certificate – 18 months
College of Lake County – Grayslake, Ill – Medical Billing Specialist Certificate – 32 weeks
Heartland Community College – Normal, Ill – Medical Billing and Coding Professional – 80 hours
McHenry County College – Crystal Lake, Ill – Medical Billing and Coding Certificate – 1 year
Shawnee Community College – Ullin, Ill – Medical Biller Certificate – less than a year
Shawnee Community College – Ullin, Ill – Medical Coder Certificate – less than a year
Shawnee Community College – Ullin, Ill – Medical Coding Specialist Certificate – 1 year
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Illinois
|BIR Training Center||5440 N. Cumberland Ave.|
Chicago, IL 60656
|Black Hawk College||6600 34th Ave Moline, IL 61265||www.bhc.edu|
|CET Chicago||100 N. Western, 3rd Floor|
Chicago, IL 60612
|City Colleges of Chicago – Harry S Truman College||226 W. Jackson|
Chicago, IL 60606
|City Colleges of Chicago – Olive-Harvey College||10001 S Woodlawn Ave, Chicago, IL 60628, United States||www.ccc.edu/colleges/olive-harvey/Pages/default.aspx|
|City Colleges of Chicago – Richard J Daley College||Chicago, IL, United States||www.ccc.edu/colleges/daley/Pages/default.aspx|
|City Colleges of Chicago – Wilbur Wright College||4300 N Narragansett Ave, Chicago, IL 60634, United States||www.ccc.edu/colleges/wright/Pages/default.aspx|
|College of Lake County||19351 West Washington Street, Grayslake, IL 60030||www.clcillinois.edu|
|Danville Area Community College||2000 East Main Street · Danville, IL 61832||www.dacc.edu|
|Everest College – Burr Ridge||6880 N. Frontage Road, Suite 400 Burr Ridge, IL 60527||burr-ridge.everestcollege.edu|
|Everest College – Merrionette Park||11560 South Kedzie Ave. Merrionette Park, IL 60803||merrionette-park.everestcollege.edu|
|Everest College – North Aurora||150 S Lincolnway St #100, North Aurora, IL 60542, United||north-aurora.everestcollege.edu|
|Harper College||1200 West Algonquin Road|
Palatine, IL 60067
|Illinois Central College||1 College Drive, East Peoria, IL 61635||www.icc.edu|
|Illinois Eastern Community Colleges – Olney Central College||305 N West Street Olney, IL 62450||www.iecc.edu|
|Joliet Junior College||1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet, IL 60431-8938||www.jjc.edu/Pages/default.aspx|
|Kankakee Community College||100 College Drive Kankakee, IL 60901||www.kcc.cc.il.us|
|Kishwaukee College||21193 Malta Road Malta, Illinois 60150||www.kishwaukeecollege.edu|
|Lake Land College||5001 Lake Land Blvd.|
Mattoon, IL 61938-9366
|Lewis and Clark Community College||5800 Godfrey Road, Godfrey, Illinois 62035||www.lc.edu|
|Lincoln Land Community College||5250 Shepherd Road Springfield, Illinois 62794-9256||www.llcc.edu|
|Midstate College||411 W. Northmoor Road|
Peoria, IL 61614-3558
|Midwest Technical Institute||2731 Farmers Market Rd, Springfield, IL 62707, United States||midwesttech.edu|
|Midwestern Career College||20 N Wacker Dr #3800|
Chicago, IL 60606
|Moraine Valley Community College||9000 W. College Pkwy. Palos Hills, IL 60465-2478||www.morainevalley.edu|
|Northwestern College – Southwestern Campus||7725 S. Harlem Ave. Bridgeview, IL 60455||www.northwesterncollege.edu/location/bridgeview-campus|
|Oakton Community College||1600 East Golf Road|
Des Plaines, IL 60016
7701 North Lincoln Avenue
Skokie, IL 60077
|Sanford-Brown College – Collinsville||101 Eastport Plaza Dr, Collinsville, IL 62234, United States||www.sanfordbrown.edu/Collinsville|
|Sanford-Brown College – Tinley Park||8525 183rd St, Tinley Park, IL 60487, United States||www.sanfordbrown.edu/Tinley-Park|
|Shawnee Community College||8364 College Road Ullin, IL 62992||www.shawneecc.edu|
|South Suburban College||15800 State St, South Holland, IL 60473, United States||www.ssc.edu|
|Spoon River College||SRC social media 23235 N. Co 22|
Canton, IL 61520