Working as a medical billing and coding specialist is a great way to become a part of the ever-changing yet all-important medical industry. If you aren't sure if you want to get into healthcare or work an office-type job, this is the perfect solution. You will have the opportunity to work alongside healthcare professionals, but you can also work in an office setting as you handle and file patient records, insurance information and more. By learning a bit more about this exciting career opportunity, you might find that you want to enroll in classes at a local school so that you can earn your certification.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding School Idaho
- Experience world-class education online: Purdue Global offers 180 programs at associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels
- Courses taught by highly respected faculty members who are experts in their fields
- Competency-based ExcelTrack™ Programs may allow you to earn your degree faster and for less money
- Full range of student services: individual educational advising, hands-on learning through interactive online classroom, no-cost tutoring in math, science and writing
- BS in Health Information Management
- Master of Health Information Management
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Idaho
First of all, you will need to find a program that offers classes for medical coding and billing. Make sure that the school is accredited, and consider looking for reviews and other information. Also, compare things like pricing and the length of time that it will take for you to complete the program. You will also need to determine whether you want to go to a school that offers degrees in medical billing and coding or if you just want to take a certificate course. Either way, you'll have the training that you need to do the job correctly, and you'll have the proof that you went to school to hone your skills.
Medical Billing & Coding Certification in Idaho
Before you can go for your certification, you will need to complete your training. In your courses, you will learn about popular coding systems, how to handle patient records and more. You will learn in both a classroom setting and in a hands-on setting with most schools.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coder in Idaho
Statistics about the median salary for this position was compiled by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This research shows that the median wage for medical billing and coding specialists who live and work in Idaho was $30,300 in 2012. However, some of the higher-paying positions paid as much as $44,900 that year.
List Idaho Medical Billing Coding School Programs
There are quite a few local medical billing and coding programs in Idaho for you to check out. For example, these schools offer local classes toward your certificate or degree:
North Idaho College
Bringham Young University - Idaho
Lewis-Clark State College
You can also check with your local community colleges, or you can look for an online-only program. No matter which school you choose, however, you are sure to be pleased with your decision once you complete your training and snag a good job as a medical billing and coding specialist.
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Idaho
|Brigham Young University – Idaho||525 South Center St., Rexburg, ID 83460||www.byui.edu|
|Lewis-Clark State College||500 8th Avenue Lewiston, ID 83501||www.lcsc.edu|
|North Idaho College||1000 W Garden Ave, Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814, United States||www.nic.edu|