Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Houston, TexasThe American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) handles the accreditation of medical billing and coding programs. In order to find an accredited medical billing and coding school you can visit the “careers” section of AHIMA’s webpage at http://www.ahima.org/careers/codingprograms. The “careers” section has a drop-down menu which allows you to narrow your search to programs that are exclusively online. This is especially beneficial to individuals who already have a full time job. Currently the only AHIMA accredited certification program in Houston is at Lone Star College.
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Cosmetology, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Medical Office Specialist
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Billing & Coding Specialist
- Medical Practice Management
- Medical Office Specialist
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Diploma - Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
- Online MHA Concentration in Population Management
- Online MHA Concentration in Senior Services
- Online General MHA
- And more...
Founded in 2003, IAU College of Medicine is located in the heart of the Caribbean Islands in Vieux Fort, St. Lucia, West Indies. IAU College of Medicine is chartered and accredited by the Government of Saint Lucia as a comprehensive university with the authority to confer the Doctor of Medicine degree.
- MD-Basic Sciences
- MD-Clinical Sciences
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, Marketing, and more.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Medical Billing & Coding Certification in Houston, TexasAt the end of this article you will find a complete list of programs where you can obtain your medical billing and coding certification in Houston. As mentioned above, the only school accredited by AHIMA is Lone Star College. However, you should not discount a program based on its accreditation status. Accreditation is a voluntary process and non-accredited programs can still provide you with the training you will need to pass your medical billing and coding certification exam. For information on the certification exam and valuable tools for exam preparation you can visit http://www.ahima.org/education/onlineed/Programs/examprep. Additionally, medical billing and coding certification does not require a college degree but a high school diploma or GED is required.
Salaries for a Medical Biller and Coder in Houston, TexasThere has never been a better time to begin a career as a medical biller and coder. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that the career outlook for medical billers and coders is expected to increase by 22% through 2022. The average salary for a medical biller and coder in Houston is $33,000 which is 13% higher than the national average. Individual salaries depend on a number of factors including experience, number of hours worked, and the company the medical biller and coder is working for.
List of Medical Billing & Coding Programs in TexasThe following is a complete list of schools in Houston which will provide valuable training and give you the tools to succeed as a medical biller and coder.
• Lone Star College
• Sanford-Brown College
• Professional Careers Institute
• Texas School of Business
• Houston Community College
• Remington College
• The College of Health Care Professions
• Everest Institute
• Medvance Institute
• Interactive Learning Systems
• Lee College
• San Jacinto College
• Fortis College