Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Houston, TexasThe American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) handles the accreditation of medical billing and coding programs. In order to find an accredited medical billing and coding school you can visit the “careers” section of AHIMA’s webpage at http://www.ahima.org/careers/codingprograms. The “careers” section has a drop-down menu which allows you to narrow your search to programs that are exclusively online. This is especially beneficial to individuals who already have a full time job. Currently the only AHIMA accredited certification program in Houston is at Lone Star College.
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding Associate Degree (AAS)
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding Diploma
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Cosmetology, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Medical Billing & Coding Certification in Houston, TexasAt the end of this article you will find a complete list of programs where you can obtain your medical billing and coding certification in Houston. As mentioned above, the only school accredited by AHIMA is Lone Star College. However, you should not discount a program based on its accreditation status. Accreditation is a voluntary process and non-accredited programs can still provide you with the training you will need to pass your medical billing and coding certification exam. For information on the certification exam and valuable tools for exam preparation you can visit http://www.ahima.org/education/onlineed/Programs/examprep. Additionally, medical billing and coding certification does not require a college degree but a high school diploma or GED is required.
Salaries for a Medical Biller and Coder in Houston, TexasThere has never been a better time to begin a career as a medical biller and coder. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that the career outlook for medical billers and coders is expected to increase by 22% through 2022. The average salary for a medical biller and coder in Houston is $33,000 which is 13% higher than the national average. Individual salaries depend on a number of factors including experience, number of hours worked, and the company the medical biller and coder is working for.
List of Medical Billing & Coding Programs in TexasThe following is a complete list of schools in Houston which will provide valuable training and give you the tools to succeed as a medical biller and coder.
• Lone Star College
• Sanford-Brown College
• Professional Careers Institute
• Texas School of Business
• Houston Community College
• Remington College
• The College of Health Care Professions
• Everest Institute
• Medvance Institute
• Interactive Learning Systems
• Lee College
• San Jacinto College
• Fortis College