Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Houston, TexasThe American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) handles the accreditation of medical billing and coding programs. In order to find an accredited medical billing and coding school you can visit the “careers” section of AHIMA’s webpage at http://www.ahima.org/careers/codingprograms. The “careers” section has a drop-down menu which allows you to narrow your search to programs that are exclusively online. This is especially beneficial to individuals who already have a full time job. Currently the only AHIMA accredited certification program in Houston is at Lone Star College.
- Discover how you could play a part in the growing healthcare industry at Keiser U
- Cover healthcare leadership, marketing, public policy, healthcare finance & more
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Associate of Science in Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Beauty, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Medical Office Specialist
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Medical Billing & Coding Certification in Houston, TexasAt the end of this article you will find a complete list of programs where you can obtain your medical billing and coding certification in Houston. As mentioned above, the only school accredited by AHIMA is Lone Star College. However, you should not discount a program based on its accreditation status. Accreditation is a voluntary process and non-accredited programs can still provide you with the training you will need to pass your medical billing and coding certification exam. For information on the certification exam and valuable tools for exam preparation you can visit http://www.ahima.org/education/onlineed/Programs/examprep. Additionally, medical billing and coding certification does not require a college degree but a high school diploma or GED is required.
Salaries for a Medical Biller and Coder in Houston, TexasThere has never been a better time to begin a career as a medical biller and coder. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that the career outlook for medical billers and coders is expected to increase by 22% through 2022. The average salary for a medical biller and coder in Houston is $33,000 which is 13% higher than the national average. Individual salaries depend on a number of factors including experience, number of hours worked, and the company the medical biller and coder is working for.
List of Medical Billing & Coding Programs in TexasThe following is a complete list of schools in Houston which will provide valuable training and give you the tools to succeed as a medical biller and coder.
• Lone Star College
• Sanford-Brown College
• Professional Careers Institute
• Texas School of Business
• Houston Community College
• Remington College
• The College of Health Care Professions
• Everest Institute
• Medvance Institute
• Interactive Learning Systems
• Lee College
• San Jacinto College
• Fortis College