Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Houston, TexasThe American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) handles the accreditation of medical billing and coding programs. In order to find an accredited medical billing and coding school you can visit the “careers” section of AHIMA’s webpage at http://www.ahima.org/careers/codingprograms. The “careers” section has a drop-down menu which allows you to narrow your search to programs that are exclusively online. This is especially beneficial to individuals who already have a full time job. Currently the only AHIMA accredited certification program in Houston is at Lone Star College.
Our programs are focused and centered on empowering you with the skills you need to enter the expanding and rewarding Health Care Industry. Learn only what you need to gain employment in your particular field, so you can get certified and enter the job market faster.
- Medical Coding & Billing-Health Information Technology Cert.
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Diploma
- Medical Practice Management
- Medical Office Specialist
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Billing and Coding
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Cosmetology, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Medical Office Specialist
Medical Billing & Coding Certification in Houston, TexasAt the end of this article you will find a complete list of programs where you can obtain your medical billing and coding certification in Houston. As mentioned above, the only school accredited by AHIMA is Lone Star College. However, you should not discount a program based on its accreditation status. Accreditation is a voluntary process and non-accredited programs can still provide you with the training you will need to pass your medical billing and coding certification exam. For information on the certification exam and valuable tools for exam preparation you can visit http://www.ahima.org/education/onlineed/Programs/examprep. Additionally, medical billing and coding certification does not require a college degree but a high school diploma or GED is required.
Salaries for a Medical Biller and Coder in Houston, TexasThere has never been a better time to begin a career as a medical biller and coder. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that the career outlook for medical billers and coders is expected to increase by 22% through 2022. The average salary for a medical biller and coder in Houston is $33,000 which is 13% higher than the national average. Individual salaries depend on a number of factors including experience, number of hours worked, and the company the medical biller and coder is working for.
List of Medical Billing & Coding Programs in TexasThe following is a complete list of schools in Houston which will provide valuable training and give you the tools to succeed as a medical biller and coder.
• Lone Star College
• Sanford-Brown College
• Professional Careers Institute
• Texas School of Business
• Houston Community College
• Remington College
• The College of Health Care Professions
• Everest Institute
• Medvance Institute
• Interactive Learning Systems
• Lee College
• San Jacinto College
• Fortis College