Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Houston, TexasThe American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) handles the accreditation of medical billing and coding programs. In order to find an accredited medical billing and coding school you can visit the “careers” section of AHIMA’s webpage at http://www.ahima.org/careers/codingprograms. The “careers” section has a drop-down menu which allows you to narrow your search to programs that are exclusively online. This is especially beneficial to individuals who already have a full time job. Currently the only AHIMA accredited certification program in Houston is at Lone Star College.
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Diploma
- Medical Office Specialist
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Cosmetology, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Medical Office Specialist
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Medical Billing & Coding Certification in Houston, TexasAt the end of this article you will find a complete list of programs where you can obtain your medical billing and coding certification in Houston. As mentioned above, the only school accredited by AHIMA is Lone Star College. However, you should not discount a program based on its accreditation status. Accreditation is a voluntary process and non-accredited programs can still provide you with the training you will need to pass your medical billing and coding certification exam. For information on the certification exam and valuable tools for exam preparation you can visit http://www.ahima.org/education/onlineed/Programs/examprep. Additionally, medical billing and coding certification does not require a college degree but a high school diploma or GED is required.
Salaries for a Medical Biller and Coder in Houston, TexasThere has never been a better time to begin a career as a medical biller and coder. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that the career outlook for medical billers and coders is expected to increase by 22% through 2022. The average salary for a medical biller and coder in Houston is $33,000 which is 13% higher than the national average. Individual salaries depend on a number of factors including experience, number of hours worked, and the company the medical biller and coder is working for.
List of Medical Billing & Coding Programs in TexasThe following is a complete list of schools in Houston which will provide valuable training and give you the tools to succeed as a medical biller and coder.
• Lone Star College
• Sanford-Brown College
• Professional Careers Institute
• Texas School of Business
• Houston Community College
• Remington College
• The College of Health Care Professions
• Everest Institute
• Medvance Institute
• Interactive Learning Systems
• Lee College
• San Jacinto College
• Fortis College