Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Hawaii
Medical billing & coding is one of the fastest growing careers for several reasons: it does not require much in the way of formal education, and is perfect for those seeking a change of career. With unemployment still very high in many places, people are returning to school in order to obtain skills with which to find better jobs. Hawaii is one of the highest paid states for medical billers and coders, which makes finding accredited institutions important for those who want to get into the profession.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding School Hawaii
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
- A.S. - Health Sciences - Medical Administrative Assistant
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Certification can be obtained rather easily through a technical college course or online. The key is to pick the option that best fits into your schedule; do you work full time and then have duties to attend to at home? Working on a certification online might be the best bet for you then, as it’s easier to fit into your schedule. However, in classroom courses can be beneficial for those that might need more hands-on help.
To find accredited institutions or to check the accreditation of yours, look to the AAPC(American Association for Professional Coders) or the AMBA (American Medical Billing Association.)
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coder in Hawaii
The salaries for a medical biller and coder in Hawaii vary based on skill and experience, but the average salary is around $43,500, with some of the top-paid billers earning as high as $61,800 each year. On a related note, estimates place the field at a 21% growth rate within the next ten years.
List Hawaii Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Hawaii has only one on-campus location to become certified, which is Heald College in Honolulu, through the Medical Office Administration program.
Other than that, Hawaii has multiple online options:
1. Allied Schools, through the Medical Coding or Medical Billing Program.
2. Ultimate Medical Academy Online, through their Medical Office Billing Specialist program.
3. Kaplan University, through the Medical Logistics program.
4. Virginia College, through the Healthcare Reimbursment or Medical Office Administration programs.
5. Allen School Online, through the Medical Insurance Billing & Coding program.
6. AmeriTech College, through the Medical Coding and Reimbursement program.
7. Ashworth College, through the Medical Office Assisting program.
8. Liberty University, through the Medical Office Assistant program.
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Hawaii
|Hawaii Health Systems Corporation||3675 Kilauea Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96816||www.hhsc.org/|
|West Kauai Medical Center / KVMH||Address: 4643 Waimea Canyon Dr., Waimea, Kauai, HI 96796||www.hhsc.org|
|Kula Hospital||100 Keokea Place, Kula, HI 96790||www.mauimemorialmedical.org/Our-Family/Kula-Hospital/default.aspx|
|Hilo Medical Center||1190 Waianuenue Ave., Hilo, HI 96720||www.hilomedicalcenter.org|