- Medical Coding and Billing
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Diploma - Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
- And more...
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Diploma
- Medical Office Specialist
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Cosmetology, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Medical Office Specialist
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
- Online MHA Concentration in Population Management
- Online MHA Concentration in Senior Services
- Online General MHA
- And more...
Founded in 2003, IAU College of Medicine is located in the heart of the Caribbean Islands in Vieux Fort, St. Lucia, West Indies. IAU College of Medicine is chartered and accredited by the Government of Saint Lucia as a comprehensive university with the authority to confer the Doctor of Medicine degree.
- MD-Basic Sciences
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Dallas
Medical billing and coding specialists do not typically have degrees but most have completed either an AAPC or an AHIMA- accredited program. This type of training can often be completed in less than a year. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) lists medical biller and coders in the category of medical records and health information technicians, and many of the programs for these professionals are also listed as health information technology.
Medical Billing & Coding Certification in Dallas
Medical billers and coders are not required to be certified, but many employers prefer certification. Being certified can also improve earning potential and job opportunities. You can earn certification through a few different organizations, but the agencies most used are the American Health Information Management Association and the American Academy of Professional Coders.
There are various credentials that can be obtained. To be eligible you must have completed an accredited training program and/or have sufficient work experience in this field. Students can also take classes through the AAPC or the AHIMA to get training in medical coding and billing.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coders in Dallas
Medical biller and coders working in Dallas earned an average annual wage of $34,840 according to an October 2014 report by Salary.com. Depending on experience, salaries may go to $40,000 or more. The BLS reports that the highest number of medical records and health information technicians is in the state of Texas. As of May 2013, there were about 16,670 employed in Texas.
List of Medical Billing and Coding Programs in DallasAccording to the National Center for Education Statistics, there are about six accredited schools offering medical biller or coder programs in right in Dallas and more than a dozen located within a 25-mile radius of downtown Dallas. Listed below is information about the programs or classes in Dallas.
• Medical Coding and Billing Class - El Centro College – Dallas (offered through continuing education)
• Medical Assistant Diploma - Everest College – Dallas
• Medical Insurance Coding Specialist – Cannon Institute of Higher Learning – Dallas
• Medical Billing and Coding Certificate – Sanford-Brown College – Dallas
• Medical Front Office Medical Coder Certificate- Mountain View College – Dallas
• Medical Billing and Coding -The College of Health Care Professions – Dallas (an online program)