Our programs are focused and centered on empowering you with the skills you need to enter the expanding and rewarding Health Care Industry. Learn only what you need to gain employment in your particular field, so you can get certified and enter the job market faster.
- Medical Coding & Billing-Health Information Technology Cert.
- Find your future with a degree in Medical Billing and Coding from Fortis
- Degree offered across 10 campuses in AZ, FL, MD, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX and UT
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis also offers this degree online, for students who need more flexibility
- Be prepared for both office & hospital settings with the latest software systems
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Records
- Medical Office Assisting
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Diploma
- Medical Office Specialist
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Cosmetology, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Medical Office Specialist
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Dallas
Medical billing and coding specialists do not typically have degrees but most have completed either an AAPC or an AHIMA- accredited program. This type of training can often be completed in less than a year. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) lists medical biller and coders in the category of medical records and health information technicians, and many of the programs for these professionals are also listed as health information technology.
Medical Billing & Coding Certification in Dallas
Medical billers and coders are not required to be certified, but many employers prefer certification. Being certified can also improve earning potential and job opportunities. You can earn certification through a few different organizations, but the agencies most used are the American Health Information Management Association and the American Academy of Professional Coders.
There are various credentials that can be obtained. To be eligible you must have completed an accredited training program and/or have sufficient work experience in this field. Students can also take classes through the AAPC or the AHIMA to get training in medical coding and billing.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coders in Dallas
Medical biller and coders working in Dallas earned an average annual wage of $34,840 according to an October 2014 report by Salary.com. Depending on experience, salaries may go to $40,000 or more. The BLS reports that the highest number of medical records and health information technicians is in the state of Texas. As of May 2013, there were about 16,670 employed in Texas.
List of Medical Billing and Coding Programs in DallasAccording to the National Center for Education Statistics, there are about six accredited schools offering medical biller or coder programs in right in Dallas and more than a dozen located within a 25-mile radius of downtown Dallas. Listed below is information about the programs or classes in Dallas.
• Medical Coding and Billing Class - El Centro College – Dallas (offered through continuing education)
• Medical Assistant Diploma - Everest College – Dallas
• Medical Insurance Coding Specialist – Cannon Institute of Higher Learning – Dallas
• Medical Billing and Coding Certificate – Sanford-Brown College – Dallas
• Medical Front Office Medical Coder Certificate- Mountain View College – Dallas
• Medical Billing and Coding -The College of Health Care Professions – Dallas (an online program)