When you come to Western Technical College, you will find yourself surrounded by like-minded individuals. Your classmates and friends are just as passionate about building a successful career as you are. Your instructors are totally dedicated to your success.
Everybody will work with you to allow you to successfully pursue a career in your chosen field. Each program is designed to train inexperienced students for entry-level employment or to upgrade skills for experienced professionals.
At Western Technical College, “Welcome” is much more than simply a greeting. It is a belief that is embodied by each and every staff member — from the first time you contact us, through graduation and throughout your career.
We attract students from Ciudad Juarez, just across the border in Chihuahua, Mexico as well as Las Cruces, New Mexico, just an hour north. Being so close to Fort Bliss, we also provide career training for our military veterans.
Provide quality training and education in a caring, professional environment that prepares new students and working adults with the skills they need to succeed and advance in their chosen careers.
- Medical Billing & Coding
Our programs are focused and centered on empowering you with the skills you need to enter the expanding and rewarding Health Care Industry. Learn only what you need to gain employment in your particular field, so you can get certified and enter the job market faster.
- Medical Coding & Billing-Health Information Technology Cert.
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding Associate Degree (AAS)
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding Diploma
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Health Information Management
- Master of Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Beauty, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Medical Office Specialist
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
- Online MHA Concentration in Population Management
- Online MHA Concentration in Senior Services
- Online General MHA
- And more...
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Dallas
Medical billing and coding specialists do not typically have degrees but most have completed either an AAPC or an AHIMA- accredited program. This type of training can often be completed in less than a year. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) lists medical biller and coders in the category of medical records and health information technicians, and many of the programs for these professionals are also listed as health information technology.
Medical Billing & Coding Certification in Dallas
Medical billers and coders are not required to be certified, but many employers prefer certification. Being certified can also improve earning potential and job opportunities. You can earn certification through a few different organizations, but the agencies most used are the American Health Information Management Association and the American Academy of Professional Coders.
There are various credentials that can be obtained. To be eligible you must have completed an accredited training program and/or have sufficient work experience in this field. Students can also take classes through the AAPC or the AHIMA to get training in medical coding and billing.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coders in Dallas
Medical biller and coders working in Dallas earned an average annual wage of $34,840 according to an October 2014 report by Salary.com. Depending on experience, salaries may go to $40,000 or more. The BLS reports that the highest number of medical records and health information technicians is in the state of Texas. As of May 2013, there were about 16,670 employed in Texas.
List of Medical Billing and Coding Programs in DallasAccording to the National Center for Education Statistics, there are about six accredited schools offering medical biller or coder programs in right in Dallas and more than a dozen located within a 25-mile radius of downtown Dallas. Listed below is information about the programs or classes in Dallas.
• Medical Coding and Billing Class - El Centro College – Dallas (offered through continuing education)
• Medical Assistant Diploma - Everest College – Dallas
• Medical Insurance Coding Specialist – Cannon Institute of Higher Learning – Dallas
• Medical Billing and Coding Certificate – Sanford-Brown College – Dallas
• Medical Front Office Medical Coder Certificate- Mountain View College – Dallas
• Medical Billing and Coding -The College of Health Care Professions – Dallas (an online program)