If you’ve been considering a career as a medical biller and coder in Connecticut, you’ve come to the right place. Read below and learn about the various medical billing & coding schools the state has to offer. You’ll also learn some information on this career and what you can expect.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding School Connecticut
At American Institute, we believe you can become whatever you want to be, and we’re ready to help you get there. We pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality, innovative education to our students that gives them the skills to begin or enhance their careers. We try to help our students meet their goals of changing or enhancing their careers, and also help prospective employers of our graduates in meeting the workforce needs of the 21st century while actively participating in the communities we operate within.
- Medical Coding and Billing
At Porter and Chester Institute, we’re serious about preparing you for career success. By completing one of our Automotive, Computer, Healthcare, or Trades programs, you’ll enjoy five advantages during your job search:
1. You gain knowledge and skills employers want you to know.
2. You learn from instructors who’ve worked in the field.
3. You learn by doing through hands-on instruction.
4. You develop personal skills and habits to become more employable.
5. You enhance your job interview skills and résumé.
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Medical Billing & Coding - Day
- Medical Billing & Coding - Eve
- Medical Assistant - Day
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
- Online MHA Concentration in Population Management
- Online MHA Concentration in Senior Services
- Online General MHA
- And more...
The Berkeley Advantage®is preparing students for professional and personal successt. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.
- BBA in Health Services Management
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, Marketing, and more.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
One of the first steps towards becoming a medical biller and coder in Connecticut is finding an accredited school. Schools that are accredited by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) provide students with the training necessary to work as medical assistants. Students who wish to become certified should also choose accredited schools because this is a prerequisite for certification exams. Medical billing & coding training programs include administrative courses, clinical courses and internships.
Medical Insurace - Billing and Coding Certification in Connecticut
To work as a medical billing & coding specialist in Connecticut, you are not legally required to be certified. However, voluntary certification can help improve your employment and wage potential. Both the AAPC and the AHIMA offer several levels of certification for medical billing & coding specialists. To earn the certifications, the candidate must pass a computer-based exam.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coders in Connecticut
Medical records and health information technicians, the category that the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics places medical biller and coders, earned an average annual wage of $34,160 as of May 2013. Medical billers and coders working in Connecticut earned wages above the national average, according to a Salary.com May 2014 report. These medical professionals working in the Danbury and Hamden areas earned $38,210 while medical billers and coders in New London earned $36,908.
List Connecticut Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Below is a list of Connecticut schools that offer certificates or degrees in medical coding and billing.
Charter Oak State College – New Britain, CT – Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management (online program) – up to 4 years
Goodwin College – East Hartford, CT – Medical Billing and Coding Certificate – 3 semesters
Manchester Community College – Manchester, CT- Medical Insurance Specialist Certificate – Offered full- or part-time (length of program varies)
Manchester Community College – Manchester, CT - Electronic Health Records Specialist Certificate – Offered full- or part-time (length of program varies)
Northwestern Connecticut Community College – Winsted, CT – Associate in Science in Allied Health Administration – 2 years
Quinebaug Valley Community College – Danielson, CT – Health Information Management Technician: Certified Coding Specialist – 1 year
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Connecticut
|American Institute||99 South Street|
West Hartford, CT 06110
|Branford Hall Career Institute||One Summit Place|
Branford, CT 06405
|Capital Community College||950 Main Street, Hartford CT 06103||www.ccc.commnet.edu|
|Gateway Community College||20 Church St, New Haven, CT 06510, United States||www.gatewaycc.edu|
|Housatonic Community College||00 Lafayette Blvd., Bridgeport, CT 06604||www.hcc.commnet.edu|
|Lincoln College of New England||2279 Mount Vernon Road|
Southington, Connecticut 06489
|Manchester Community College||Great Path|
Manchester, CT 06040
|Middlesex Community College||100 Training Hill Road, |
Middletown, CT 06457
|Naugatuck Valley Community College||750 Chase Parkway, Waterbury, CT 06708||www.nv.edu|
|Northwestern Connecticut Community College||Park Place East, Winsted, CT 06098||www.nwcc.commnet.edu|
|Norwalk Community College||188 Richards Ave, Norwalk, CT 06854||www.ncc.commnet.edu/default.asp|
|Platt Technical High School||600 Orange Ave, Milford, CT 06461, United States||www.cttech.org/platt|
|Quinebaug Valley Community College||742 Upper Maple Street • Danielson, CT 06239||www.qvcc.commnet.edu|
|Ridley-Lowell Business and Technical Institute||470 Bank St.|
New London, CT 06320
|Sanford-Brown College – Farmington||270 Farmington Ave, Farmington, CT 06032, United States||www.sanfordbrown.edu/Farmington|
|Three Rivers Community College||574 New London Turnpike, Norwich, CT 06360||www.trcc.commnet.edu|
|Tunxis Community College||271 Scott Swamp Road|
Farmington, CT 06032