- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health Information Management
- Master of Health Information Management
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in ClevelandBecoming a medical biller and coder requires that you complete an accredited training program. The training programs may take from six months to two years depending on if students are pursuing diploma or associate degrees. It’s important to find a school that’s accredited by a recognized agency because it’s generally a prerequisite for national certification.
Choose schools that advertise as being accredited by either the AHIMA or AAPC.As a student in a medical billing and coding program, you’ll complete medical office courses and will also complete an externship working in an actual medical office to gain experience and hands-on training. The AHIMA and the AAPC both also offer online training programs for students who want to become medical billers and coders but can’t or don’t wish to attend college.
Medical Billing & Coding Certification in Cleveland
Once you’ve completed your training program, you’ll want to obtain certification. Certification is not a legal requirement but may be required by a potential employer. You can earn the Registered Health Information Technician credential through the AHIMA. The AAPC also offers several credentials that billers and coders can earn.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coders in Cleveland
Salary.com reported that medical billing clerks earned average annual wages ranging from $28,954 to more than $39,000 as of October 2014. Things that can affect the earnings include place of employment, years of experience, number of certifications and level of training.
List of Medical Billing and Coding Programs in ClevelandAccording to the National Center for Education Statistics, there are only a couple of billing and coding schools located right in Cleveland. Listed below are programs that are offered in schools either in Cleveland or within ten miles of downtown Cleveland.
• Professional Medical Coding Program – 347 hours - Cuyahoga Community College
• Medical Billing and Coding Certificate – 1 year – Remington College
• Health Information Technology Associate Degree – 2 years - Remington College
• Medical Billing and Coding Certificate – 72 weeks - Miami Jacobs Career College
• Medical Billing and Coding Certificate – 1 Year - Polaris Career Center