- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
Northwestern College is a special place. Focused programs. Flexible schedules. Supportive faculty. Externship opportunities. But you probably know all of that. What you may not know is what’s behind it. Our history, our mission, our whole philosophy really. Simply put, it’s about preparing people well and quickly for a lifetime of opportunities.
- Coding Specialist Certificate
- Medical Insurance Billing Specialist
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Office Assistant
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
- Online MHA Concentration in Population Management
- Online MHA Concentration in Senior Services
- Online General MHA
- And more...
Founded in 2003, IAU College of Medicine is located in the heart of the Caribbean Islands in Vieux Fort, St. Lucia, West Indies. IAU College of Medicine is chartered and accredited by the Government of Saint Lucia as a comprehensive university with the authority to confer the Doctor of Medicine degree.
- MD-Basic Sciences
- MD-Clinical Sciences
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Chicago
Chicago is a city filled with careers for medical biller and coders, and the best way to be competitive is to complete an accredited medical billing and coding training program. These programs can be completed in less than a year or up to two years and offer both certificates and degrees.
When searching for medical billing and coding schools in Chicago, look for schools that are either AAPC or CAHIIM- accredited. This ensures that you’re getting the correct training and will meet the requirements set by the certifying agency.
Medical Billing & Coding Certification in Chicago
Medical billing and coding specialists are not required to be certified, but it can enhance your resume and boost your earning potential. Employers often prefer or may require industry certification. To obtain certification, you must have completed an accredited program and/or have sufficient work experience. National certification can be obtained by passing an exam through agencies like the American Academy of Professional Coders or the American Health Information Management Association.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coders in Chicago
The Chicago-Joliet-Naperville metropolitan areas have the highest level of employment in the nation for this occupation with about 4,870 employed, according to a 2013 U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics report. As of October 2014, medical billers and coders in Chicago earned an average annual wage of $36,431, according to Salary.com. This amount is higher than what was earned in the lower part of Illinois and is also above the national average.
List of Medical Billing and Coding Programs in Chicago
• Advanced Medical Billing and Coding Certificate – 8 to 10 months – Midwestern Career College
• Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Associate Degree – 96 Quarter Credit Hours – Taylor Business Institute
• Medical Billing and Coding Diploma – 1 year - Coyne College
• Medical Insurance Billing Certificate – 6 months - CET – Chicago
• Medical Billing Basic Certificate – 18 Credit hours - City College of Chicago – Malcolm X College
• Medical Coding Advanced Certificate – 35 Credit hours - City College of Chicago – Malcolm X College
• Basic/Advanced Medical Billing and Coding – 40 contact hours each– Northwestern Institute of Health and Technology