Matching School Ads
Get allied health training with Ross Medical Education Center. We offer programs in dental assisting, medical assisting, medical insurance billing and office administration, and pharmacy tech.
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Health Information Management
- Master of Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Chicago
Chicago is a city filled with careers for medical biller and coders, and the best way to be competitive is to complete an accredited medical billing and coding training program. These programs can be completed in less than a year or up to two years and offer both certificates and degrees.
When searching for medical billing and coding schools in Chicago, look for schools that are either AAPC or CAHIIM- accredited. This ensures that you’re getting the correct training and will meet the requirements set by the certifying agency.
Medical Billing & Coding Certification in Chicago
Medical billing and coding specialists are not required to be certified, but it can enhance your resume and boost your earning potential. Employers often prefer or may require industry certification. To obtain certification, you must have completed an accredited program and/or have sufficient work experience. National certification can be obtained by passing an exam through agencies like the American Academy of Professional Coders or the American Health Information Management Association.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coders in Chicago
The Chicago-Joliet-Naperville metropolitan areas have the highest level of employment in the nation for this occupation with about 4,870 employed, according to a 2013 U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics report. As of October 2014, medical billers and coders in Chicago earned an average annual wage of $36,431, according to Salary.com. This amount is higher than what was earned in the lower part of Illinois and is also above the national average.
List of Medical Billing and Coding Programs in Chicago
• Advanced Medical Billing and Coding Certificate – 8 to 10 months – Midwestern Career College
• Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Associate Degree – 96 Quarter Credit Hours – Taylor Business Institute
• Medical Billing and Coding Diploma – 1 year - Coyne College
• Medical Insurance Billing Certificate – 6 months - CET – Chicago
• Medical Billing Basic Certificate – 18 Credit hours - City College of Chicago – Malcolm X College
• Medical Coding Advanced Certificate – 35 Credit hours - City College of Chicago – Malcolm X College
• Basic/Advanced Medical Billing and Coding – 40 contact hours each– Northwestern Institute of Health and Technology