Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Atlanta, Georgia
If you are looking to become a medical biller or coder in Atlanta, you will need to find accredited schools where you can accomplish your training. You can find the schools you need at medicalbillingandcoding.org (MB&CC), which maintains a comprehensive database of accredited programs. If you search under their Georgia listing, you will find three accredited schools in the Atlanta area: Atlanta Technical College, Sanford-Brown College-Atlanta and Herzing University-Atlanta. The first two schools offer associate level degrees and certificates, while the last offers bachelor level degrees in addition to associate degrees and certificates.
Matching School Ads
Get Career-Relevant Training with Miller-Motte Tech!
At Miller-Motte Technical College, you can find educational programs that can help you launch a new career. Whether it’s in the healthcare field to help the well-being of others or enhancing your business skills, we have programs to match your interests and meet your needs. Our training programs are career-focused and designed to help you gain the knowledge and hands-on training to succeed.
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Medical Billing and Coding Certification in GeorgiaWhile medical billing and coding are terms often seen together, billers and coders have different functions and their training and certification processes also vary. In Georgia, make sure you attend an accredited school and choose the appropriate program for the skills you want to learn. Your coursework will prepare you to take any exams that are necessary for certification, such as the Certified Professional Coders Exam or the Certified Coding Assistant exam. Certification may not be mandatory, but is usually helpful. It is a good idea to check with potential employers about their requirements.
Salaries for Medical Billers and Coders in Atlanta/Georgia
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), in Georgia, the best jobs tend to go to those who have certification. Jobs in healthcare have increased in Georgia in recent years, and the average salary for a biller or coder in Georgia is a little over $33,000, which compares well with other annual salary averages in the South Atlantic region. According to MB&CC, which bases their salary information on the BLS, billers and coders in Atlanta make a little over $35,000 per year, putting them slightly above state average and making Atlanta the second top city in the state for this kind of healthcare job.