Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Atlanta, Georgia
If you are looking to become a medical biller or coder in Atlanta, you will need to find accredited schools where you can accomplish your training. You can find the schools you need at medicalbillingandcoding.org (MB&CC), which maintains a comprehensive database of accredited programs. If you search under their Georgia listing, you will find three accredited schools in the Atlanta area: Atlanta Technical College, Sanford-Brown College-Atlanta and Herzing University-Atlanta. The first two schools offer associate level degrees and certificates, while the last offers bachelor level degrees in addition to associate degrees and certificates.
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Diploma
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Certificate
- Medical Office Specialist Certificate
- And more...
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Care Administration - D.B.A.
- Health Care Administration - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Business Administration: Healthcare Management
Medical Billing and Coding Certification in GeorgiaWhile medical billing and coding are terms often seen together, billers and coders have different functions and their training and certification processes also vary. In Georgia, make sure you attend an accredited school and choose the appropriate program for the skills you want to learn. Your coursework will prepare you to take any exams that are necessary for certification, such as the Certified Professional Coders Exam or the Certified Coding Assistant exam. Certification may not be mandatory, but is usually helpful. It is a good idea to check with potential employers about their requirements.
Salaries for Medical Billers and Coders in Atlanta/Georgia
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), in Georgia, the best jobs tend to go to those who have certification. Jobs in healthcare have increased in Georgia in recent years, and the average salary for a biller or coder in Georgia is a little over $33,000, which compares well with other annual salary averages in the South Atlantic region. According to MB&CC, which bases their salary information on the BLS, billers and coders in Atlanta make a little over $35,000 per year, putting them slightly above state average and making Atlanta the second top city in the state for this kind of healthcare job.