Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Atlanta, Georgia
If you are looking to become a medical biller or coder in Atlanta, you will need to find accredited schools where you can accomplish your training. You can find the schools you need at medicalbillingandcoding.org (MB&CC), which maintains a comprehensive database of accredited programs. If you search under their Georgia listing, you will find three accredited schools in the Atlanta area: Atlanta Technical College, Sanford-Brown College-Atlanta and Herzing University-Atlanta. The first two schools offer associate level degrees and certificates, while the last offers bachelor level degrees in addition to associate degrees and certificates.
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller-Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Discover how you could play a part in the growing healthcare industry at Keiser U
- Cover healthcare leadership, marketing, public policy, healthcare finance & more
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Associate of Science in Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Diploma
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
Start your future now!
Miller-Motte Technical College online programs help students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Billing and Coding - Certificate
- Medical Billing Specialist
Medical Billing and Coding Certification in GeorgiaWhile medical billing and coding are terms often seen together, billers and coders have different functions and their training and certification processes also vary. In Georgia, make sure you attend an accredited school and choose the appropriate program for the skills you want to learn. Your coursework will prepare you to take any exams that are necessary for certification, such as the Certified Professional Coders Exam or the Certified Coding Assistant exam. Certification may not be mandatory, but is usually helpful. It is a good idea to check with potential employers about their requirements.
Salaries for Medical Billers and Coders in Atlanta/Georgia
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), in Georgia, the best jobs tend to go to those who have certification. Jobs in healthcare have increased in Georgia in recent years, and the average salary for a biller or coder in Georgia is a little over $33,000, which compares well with other annual salary averages in the South Atlantic region. According to MB&CC, which bases their salary information on the BLS, billers and coders in Atlanta make a little over $35,000 per year, putting them slightly above state average and making Atlanta the second top city in the state for this kind of healthcare job.