Find Accredited Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Atlanta, Georgia
If you are looking to become a medical biller or coder in Atlanta, you will need to find accredited schools where you can accomplish your training. You can find the schools you need at medicalbillingandcoding.org (MB&CC), which maintains a comprehensive database of accredited programs. If you search under their Georgia listing, you will find three accredited schools in the Atlanta area: Atlanta Technical College, Sanford-Brown College-Atlanta and Herzing University-Atlanta. The first two schools offer associate level degrees and certificates, while the last offers bachelor level degrees in addition to associate degrees and certificates.
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Diploma
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Certificate
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Health Information Management
- Master of Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Medical Billing and Coding Certification in GeorgiaWhile medical billing and coding are terms often seen together, billers and coders have different functions and their training and certification processes also vary. In Georgia, make sure you attend an accredited school and choose the appropriate program for the skills you want to learn. Your coursework will prepare you to take any exams that are necessary for certification, such as the Certified Professional Coders Exam or the Certified Coding Assistant exam. Certification may not be mandatory, but is usually helpful. It is a good idea to check with potential employers about their requirements.
Salaries for Medical Billers and Coders in Atlanta/Georgia
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), in Georgia, the best jobs tend to go to those who have certification. Jobs in healthcare have increased in Georgia in recent years, and the average salary for a biller or coder in Georgia is a little over $33,000, which compares well with other annual salary averages in the South Atlantic region. According to MB&CC, which bases their salary information on the BLS, billers and coders in Atlanta make a little over $35,000 per year, putting them slightly above state average and making Atlanta the second top city in the state for this kind of healthcare job.