Medical billing & coding is a field that allows individuals to work in the medical profession without having patient contact. If this appeals to you, read below to learn how to become a medical biller and coder in Arkansas and what this career entails.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding School Arkansas
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration and Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Health Care Management
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Business Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Marketing and Advertising, Business Information Systems Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Business Administration and Management Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Finding a school accredited by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) is the first step towards becoming a medical billing & coding specialist in Arkansas. These programs, usually be completed in less than a year, include classes in electronic health records, ICD-9-CM and CPT coding, insurance billing and medical terminology as well as a supervised internship to give the student to obtain hands-on training in real working environment. According to the National Center of Education Statistics, there are about a dozen schools in Arkansas that offer medical billing & coding programs.
Medical Billing and Coding Certification in Arkansas
Certification is not a requirement for medical billing & coding specialists in Arkansas but is a way to demonstrate knowledge and improve employment options. Certification can be obtained from the AAPC or the AHIMA; both of these agencies offer various certifications for medical biller and coders. To earn the certification, the student must pass a computer-based certification exam.
Salary for Medical Billers and Coders in Arkansas
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports the mean annual wage nationwide for medical billers and coders at $37,710 as of May 2013. Those working in Arkansas earn salaries lower than the national average, according to a Salary.com May 2014 report. Medical biller and coders earned an average wage of $30,814 in Little Rock, $31,293 in Jonesboro and $29,647 in Conway. Other factors that may affect wages are experience, level of training, certifications obtained and type of facility.
List Arkansas Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Here is a list of some Arkansas schools offering certificates or degrees in medical coding and billing.
Health Information Assistant Technical Certificate – Arkansas State University – Beebe, AR
Medical Coding Certificate of Proficiency - Black River Technical College – Pocahontas, AR
Professional Medical Coding Technical Certificate - National Park Community College – Hot Springs, AR
Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology - Ozarka College – Melbourne, AR
Medical Coding Technical Certificate - South Arkansas Community College – El Dorado, AR
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Arkansas
|Arkansas State University – Mountain Home||1600 S College St, Mountain Home, AR 72653, United States||www.asumh.edu/|
|Black River Technical College||1410 Highway 304 East|
Pocahontas, AR 72455
|Heritage College – Little Rock||1309 Old Forge Dr.|
Little Rock, AR 72227
|Remington College – Little Rock Campus||19 Remington Dr, Little Rock, AR 72204, United States||www.remingtoncollege.edu/little-rock-arkansas-technical-colleges/|