Medical billing & coding is a field that allows individuals to work in the medical profession without having patient contact. If this appeals to you, read below to learn how to become a medical biller and coder in Arkansas and what this career entails.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding School Arkansas
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding Associate Degree (AAS)
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Health Information Management
- Master of Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Finding a school accredited by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) is the first step towards becoming a medical billing & coding specialist in Arkansas. These programs, usually be completed in less than a year, include classes in electronic health records, ICD-9-CM and CPT coding, insurance billing and medical terminology as well as a supervised internship to give the student to obtain hands-on training in real working environment. According to the National Center of Education Statistics, there are about a dozen schools in Arkansas that offer medical billing & coding programs.
Medical Billing and Coding Certification in Arkansas
Certification is not a requirement for medical billing & coding specialists in Arkansas but is a way to demonstrate knowledge and improve employment options. Certification can be obtained from the AAPC or the AHIMA; both of these agencies offer various certifications for medical biller and coders. To earn the certification, the student must pass a computer-based certification exam.
Salary for Medical Billers and Coders in Arkansas
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports the mean annual wage nationwide for medical billers and coders at $37,710 as of May 2013. Those working in Arkansas earn salaries lower than the national average, according to a Salary.com May 2014 report. Medical biller and coders earned an average wage of $30,814 in Little Rock, $31,293 in Jonesboro and $29,647 in Conway. Other factors that may affect wages are experience, level of training, certifications obtained and type of facility.
List Arkansas Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Here is a list of some Arkansas schools offering certificates or degrees in medical coding and billing.
Health Information Assistant Technical Certificate – Arkansas State University – Beebe, AR
Medical Coding Certificate of Proficiency - Black River Technical College – Pocahontas, AR
Professional Medical Coding Technical Certificate - National Park Community College – Hot Springs, AR
Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology - Ozarka College – Melbourne, AR
Medical Coding Technical Certificate - South Arkansas Community College – El Dorado, AR
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Arkansas
|Arkansas State University – Mountain Home||1600 S College St, Mountain Home, AR 72653, United States||www.asumh.edu/|
|Black River Technical College||1410 Highway 304 East|
Pocahontas, AR 72455
|Heritage College – Little Rock||1309 Old Forge Dr.|
Little Rock, AR 72227
|Remington College – Little Rock Campus||19 Remington Dr, Little Rock, AR 72204, United States||www.remingtoncollege.edu/little-rock-arkansas-technical-colleges/|