Medical billing & coding is a field that allows individuals to work in the medical profession without having patient contact. If this appeals to you, read below to learn how to become a medical biller and coder in Arkansas and what this career entails.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding School Arkansas
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Health Care Management
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Healthcare Management
Finding a school accredited by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) is the first step towards becoming a medical billing & coding specialist in Arkansas. These programs, usually be completed in less than a year, include classes in electronic health records, ICD-9-CM and CPT coding, insurance billing and medical terminology as well as a supervised internship to give the student to obtain hands-on training in real working environment. According to the National Center of Education Statistics, there are about a dozen schools in Arkansas that offer medical billing & coding programs.
Medical Billing and Coding Certification in Arkansas
Certification is not a requirement for medical billing & coding specialists in Arkansas but is a way to demonstrate knowledge and improve employment options. Certification can be obtained from the AAPC or the AHIMA; both of these agencies offer various certifications for medical biller and coders. To earn the certification, the student must pass a computer-based certification exam.
Salary for Medical Billers and Coders in Arkansas
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports the mean annual wage nationwide for medical billers and coders at $37,710 as of May 2013. Those working in Arkansas earn salaries lower than the national average, according to a Salary.com May 2014 report. Medical biller and coders earned an average wage of $30,814 in Little Rock, $31,293 in Jonesboro and $29,647 in Conway. Other factors that may affect wages are experience, level of training, certifications obtained and type of facility.
List Arkansas Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Here is a list of some Arkansas schools offering certificates or degrees in medical coding and billing.
Health Information Assistant Technical Certificate – Arkansas State University – Beebe, AR
Medical Coding Certificate of Proficiency - Black River Technical College – Pocahontas, AR
Professional Medical Coding Technical Certificate - National Park Community College – Hot Springs, AR
Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology - Ozarka College – Melbourne, AR
Medical Coding Technical Certificate - South Arkansas Community College – El Dorado, AR
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Arkansas
|Arkansas State University – Mountain Home||1600 S College St, Mountain Home, AR 72653, United States||www.asumh.edu/|
|Black River Technical College||1410 Highway 304 East|
Pocahontas, AR 72455
|Heritage College – Little Rock||1309 Old Forge Dr.|
Little Rock, AR 72227
|Remington College – Little Rock Campus||19 Remington Dr, Little Rock, AR 72204, United States||www.remingtoncollege.edu/little-rock-arkansas-technical-colleges/|