If the idea working in an office setting as part of the healthcare industry appeals to you, becoming a medical billing & coding specialist may be the perfect fit. Read below to get all the information you need.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding School Alaska
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Diploma
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
- Medical Coding and Billing
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Billing and Coding - Certificate
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Billing and Coding
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Study for your graduate education with University of Illinois at Chicago. We offer master’s degree and post-master’s certificate programs in health informatics that can be completed 100% online.
- Master of Science in Health Informatics
Individuals who wish to become medical billing & coding specialists in Alaska must typically complete an accredited training program. Enrolling in a school that’s accredited by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) is important because they provide the necessary training for this career and also prepare the student to take the national certification exam. Graduates who complete required classes and internships may earn certificates or degrees in medical billing & coding, medical assisting or health information technology. The National Center of Education Statistics indicates that Alaska has about six accredited schools that offer medical billing & coding programs.
Medical Billing and Coding Certification in Alaska
Alaska does not require its medical billers and coders be certified as a condition of employment. Voluntary certification, however, can be obtained by passing a certification exam once you’ve completed an accredited training program. Multiple certifications can be obtained from both the AHIMA and/or the AAPC.
Salary for Medical Biller and Coders in Alaska
The salaries for medical billers and coders working in Alaska vary from city to city, although the average wage throughout the state is consistent with or higher than the $38,710 listed as the national average by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2013. According to Salary.com, medical biller and coders working in Anchorage earned an average wage of $38,871 in May 2014, while those in Fairbanks earned $38,561 and those in Palmer earned $34,918. Wages can also be affected by years of experience, number of certifications and where the individual works.
List of Alaska Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Insurance Coding and Billing Certificate - Alaska Career College - Anchorage, AK
Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology - Charter College – Anchorage, AK
Medical Coding Specialist Certificate - Ilisagvik College – Barrow, AK
Medical Office Coding Certificate - University of Alaska – Anchorage, AK
Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting – University of Alaska – Anchorage, AK
Health Information Management Coding Specialist Certificate - University of Alaska Southeast – Juneau, AK
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Alaska
|Alaska Career College||1415 E. Tudor Road,|
Anchorage, AK 99507-1033
|Charter College — Canyon Country||27125 Sierra Hwy, Suite 329, Canyon Country, California, US||www.chartercollege.edu/locations/canyon-country-ca|
|Charter College — Anchorage||2221 East Northern Lights Blvd., Anchorage, Alaska, US||www.chartercollege.edu/locations/anchorage-ak|
|Ilisagvik College||100 Stevenson Street|
PO Box 749
Barrow, Alaska 99723
|University of Alaska Anchorage||3211 Providence Dr, Anchorage, AK 99508, United States||www.uaa.alaska.edu/|
|University of Alaska Fairbanks||University of Alaska Fairbanks|
505 South Chandalar Drive
Fairbanks, AK 99775