If the idea working in an office setting as part of the healthcare industry appeals to you, becoming a medical billing & coding specialist may be the perfect fit. Read below to get all the information you need.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding School Alaska
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
- Medical Billing and Coding
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Health Information Management
- Master of Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Individuals who wish to become medical billing & coding specialists in Alaska must typically complete an accredited training program. Enrolling in a school that’s accredited by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) is important because they provide the necessary training for this career and also prepare the student to take the national certification exam. Graduates who complete required classes and internships may earn certificates or degrees in medical billing & coding, medical assisting or health information technology. The National Center of Education Statistics indicates that Alaska has about six accredited schools that offer medical billing & coding programs.
Medical Billing and Coding Certification in Alaska
Alaska does not require its medical billers and coders be certified as a condition of employment. Voluntary certification, however, can be obtained by passing a certification exam once you’ve completed an accredited training program. Multiple certifications can be obtained from both the AHIMA and/or the AAPC.
Salary for Medical Biller and Coders in Alaska
The salaries for medical billers and coders working in Alaska vary from city to city, although the average wage throughout the state is consistent with or higher than the $38,710 listed as the national average by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2013. According to Salary.com, medical biller and coders working in Anchorage earned an average wage of $38,871 in May 2014, while those in Fairbanks earned $38,561 and those in Palmer earned $34,918. Wages can also be affected by years of experience, number of certifications and where the individual works.
List of Alaska Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Insurance Coding and Billing Certificate - Alaska Career College - Anchorage, AK
Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology - Charter College – Anchorage, AK
Medical Coding Specialist Certificate - Ilisagvik College – Barrow, AK
Medical Office Coding Certificate - University of Alaska – Anchorage, AK
Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting – University of Alaska – Anchorage, AK
Health Information Management Coding Specialist Certificate - University of Alaska Southeast – Juneau, AK
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Alaska
|Alaska Career College||1415 E. Tudor Road,|
Anchorage, AK 99507-1033
|Charter College — Canyon Country||27125 Sierra Hwy, Suite 329, Canyon Country, California, US||www.chartercollege.edu/locations/canyon-country-ca|
|Charter College — Anchorage||2221 East Northern Lights Blvd., Anchorage, Alaska, US||www.chartercollege.edu/locations/anchorage-ak|
|Ilisagvik College||100 Stevenson Street|
PO Box 749
Barrow, Alaska 99723
|University of Alaska Anchorage||3211 Providence Dr, Anchorage, AK 99508, United States||www.uaa.alaska.edu/|
|University of Alaska Fairbanks||University of Alaska Fairbanks|
505 South Chandalar Drive
Fairbanks, AK 99775