If the idea working in an office setting as part of the healthcare industry appeals to you, becoming a medical billing & coding specialist may be the perfect fit. Read below to get all the information you need.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding School Alaska
- Medical Coding and Billing
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Billing and Coding
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Billing and Coding - Certificate
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Diploma
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Certificate
- Medical Office Specialist Certificate
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Business Administration: Healthcare Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Individuals who wish to become medical billing & coding specialists in Alaska must typically complete an accredited training program. Enrolling in a school that’s accredited by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) is important because they provide the necessary training for this career and also prepare the student to take the national certification exam. Graduates who complete required classes and internships may earn certificates or degrees in medical billing & coding, medical assisting or health information technology. The National Center of Education Statistics indicates that Alaska has about six accredited schools that offer medical billing & coding programs.
Medical Billing and Coding Certification in Alaska
Alaska does not require its medical billers and coders be certified as a condition of employment. Voluntary certification, however, can be obtained by passing a certification exam once you’ve completed an accredited training program. Multiple certifications can be obtained from both the AHIMA and/or the AAPC.
Salary for Medical Biller and Coders in Alaska
The salaries for medical billers and coders working in Alaska vary from city to city, although the average wage throughout the state is consistent with or higher than the $38,710 listed as the national average by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2013. According to Salary.com, medical biller and coders working in Anchorage earned an average wage of $38,871 in May 2014, while those in Fairbanks earned $38,561 and those in Palmer earned $34,918. Wages can also be affected by years of experience, number of certifications and where the individual works.
List of Alaska Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Insurance Coding and Billing Certificate - Alaska Career College - Anchorage, AK
Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology - Charter College – Anchorage, AK
Medical Coding Specialist Certificate - Ilisagvik College – Barrow, AK
Medical Office Coding Certificate - University of Alaska – Anchorage, AK
Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting – University of Alaska – Anchorage, AK
Health Information Management Coding Specialist Certificate - University of Alaska Southeast – Juneau, AK
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Alaska
|Alaska Career College||1415 E. Tudor Road,|
Anchorage, AK 99507-1033
|Charter College — Canyon Country||27125 Sierra Hwy, Suite 329, Canyon Country, California, US||www.chartercollege.edu/locations/canyon-country-ca|
|Charter College — Anchorage||2221 East Northern Lights Blvd., Anchorage, Alaska, US||www.chartercollege.edu/locations/anchorage-ak|
|Ilisagvik College||100 Stevenson Street|
PO Box 749
Barrow, Alaska 99723
|University of Alaska Anchorage||3211 Providence Dr, Anchorage, AK 99508, United States||www.uaa.alaska.edu/|
|University of Alaska Fairbanks||University of Alaska Fairbanks|
505 South Chandalar Drive
Fairbanks, AK 99775