Medical is an important part of healthcare. This service enables patients who have received various healthcare services to push the bill over to the insurance company. The insurance company will therefore reimburse the patient the cost of the medical attention he received. The patient will not determine the amount of money he gets as reimbursement, the healthcare provider does the documentation of these services after which he passes the information to the biller and coder. The biller and coder will put down all the services using appropriate industry codes which will form part of the medical claim pushed to the insurer for reimbursement.
List of Medical Insurance - School Alabama
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Health Information Management
- Master of Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller-Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Medical courses are available in most cities in Alabama and students interested in healthcare studies can easily find a school where they can pursue degree in medical . Fortunately, students are able to learn better with flexibility with which this course is offered. You can attend classes at different times of the day depending on your schedule. You can choose to attend morning or evening classes or you can consider being in the crash program. You can find Accredited Medical Schools in Montgomery, Mobile and Birmingham among other cities in Alabama.
Medical Billing & Coding Certification in Birmingham
For those students who want to make medical their career of choice, it’s good to acquire certification. Getting certification will help in distinguishing qualified practitioners from crooks. Most employers in Birmingham will go for those practitioners with Certified Professional Coder (CPC®) which is normally offered by the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC). Getting certified by this body will make you a better choice to employers.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coder in Birmingham
The salaries for medical biller and coder in Birmigham differ with experience of the practitioners as well as the job title. Another factor that brings variation in the amount of dollars paid as salaries to a practitioner is the certification. According to a recent research, those who are certified by American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) earns 20 percent more than those not certified. However the average salary for medical specialist in Birmingham is $33,920.
List of Birmingham Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Here is a list of courses to expect when you join a medical class in Birmingham.
• Types of insurance plans
• Medical contracts and ethics
• HIPAA regulations
• Physician and hospital billing
• Medicare and Medicaid
• Electronic claims processing
• Anatomy Course
• CPC® Complete Training
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Alabama
|Herzing University -Birmingham||280 West Valley Avenue|
Birmingham, Alabama 35209
|Remington College – Mobile Campus||828 Downtowner Loop West|
Mobile, AL 36609
|Virginia College – Birmingham||488 Palisades Blvd. Birmingham, AL 35209||www.vc.edu/campus/birmingham-alabama-college.cfm|
|Virginia College – Mobile||3725 Airport Blvd., Ste. 165 Mobile, AL 36608||www.vc.edu/campus/mobile-alabama-college.cfm|
|Virginia College – Montgomery||6200 Atlanta Hwy. Montgomery, AL 36117||www.vc.edu/campus/montgomery-alabama-college.cfm|