Medical is an important part of healthcare. This service enables patients who have received various healthcare services to push the bill over to the insurance company. The insurance company will therefore reimburse the patient the cost of the medical attention he received. The patient will not determine the amount of money he gets as reimbursement, the healthcare provider does the documentation of these services after which he passes the information to the biller and coder. The biller and coder will put down all the services using appropriate industry codes which will form part of the medical claim pushed to the insurer for reimbursement.
List of Medical Insurance - School Alabama
- Discover how you could play a part in the growing healthcare industry at Keiser U
- Cover healthcare leadership, marketing, public policy, healthcare finance & more
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Associate of Science in Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Medical courses are available in most cities in Alabama and students interested in healthcare studies can easily find a school where they can pursue degree in medical . Fortunately, students are able to learn better with flexibility with which this course is offered. You can attend classes at different times of the day depending on your schedule. You can choose to attend morning or evening classes or you can consider being in the crash program. You can find Accredited Medical Schools in Montgomery, Mobile and Birmingham among other cities in Alabama.
Medical Billing & Coding Certification in Birmingham
For those students who want to make medical their career of choice, it’s good to acquire certification. Getting certification will help in distinguishing qualified practitioners from crooks. Most employers in Birmingham will go for those practitioners with Certified Professional Coder (CPC®) which is normally offered by the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC). Getting certified by this body will make you a better choice to employers.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coder in Birmingham
The salaries for medical biller and coder in Birmigham differ with experience of the practitioners as well as the job title. Another factor that brings variation in the amount of dollars paid as salaries to a practitioner is the certification. According to a recent research, those who are certified by American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) earns 20 percent more than those not certified. However the average salary for medical specialist in Birmingham is $33,920.
List of Birmingham Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Here is a list of courses to expect when you join a medical class in Birmingham.
• Types of insurance plans
• Medical contracts and ethics
• HIPAA regulations
• Physician and hospital billing
• Medicare and Medicaid
• Electronic claims processing
• Anatomy Course
• CPC® Complete Training
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Alabama
|Herzing University -Birmingham||280 West Valley Avenue|
Birmingham, Alabama 35209
|Remington College – Mobile Campus||828 Downtowner Loop West|
Mobile, AL 36609
|Virginia College – Birmingham||488 Palisades Blvd. Birmingham, AL 35209||www.vc.edu/campus/birmingham-alabama-college.cfm|
|Virginia College – Mobile||3725 Airport Blvd., Ste. 165 Mobile, AL 36608||www.vc.edu/campus/mobile-alabama-college.cfm|
|Virginia College – Montgomery||6200 Atlanta Hwy. Montgomery, AL 36117||www.vc.edu/campus/montgomery-alabama-college.cfm|