Medical is an important part of healthcare. This service enables patients who have received various healthcare services to push the bill over to the insurance company. The insurance company will therefore reimburse the patient the cost of the medical attention he received. The patient will not determine the amount of money he gets as reimbursement, the healthcare provider does the documentation of these services after which he passes the information to the biller and coder. The biller and coder will put down all the services using appropriate industry codes which will form part of the medical claim pushed to the insurer for reimbursement.
List of Medical Insurance - School Alabama
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Billing and Coding
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Billing and Coding - Certificate
- Electronic Health Records - Associate of Occupational Science
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Certificate in Medical Billing & Coding
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Informatics Specialization
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Health Care Management
Medical courses are available in most cities in Alabama and students interested in healthcare studies can easily find a school where they can pursue degree in medical . Fortunately, students are able to learn better with flexibility with which this course is offered. You can attend classes at different times of the day depending on your schedule. You can choose to attend morning or evening classes or you can consider being in the crash program. You can find Accredited Medical Schools in Montgomery, Mobile and Birmingham among other cities in Alabama.
Medical Billing & Coding Certification in Birmingham
For those students who want to make medical their career of choice, it’s good to acquire certification. Getting certification will help in distinguishing qualified practitioners from crooks. Most employers in Birmingham will go for those practitioners with Certified Professional Coder (CPC®) which is normally offered by the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC). Getting certified by this body will make you a better choice to employers.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coder in Birmingham
The salaries for medical biller and coder in Birmigham differ with experience of the practitioners as well as the job title. Another factor that brings variation in the amount of dollars paid as salaries to a practitioner is the certification. According to a recent research, those who are certified by American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) earns 20 percent more than those not certified. However the average salary for medical specialist in Birmingham is $33,920.
List of Birmingham Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Here is a list of courses to expect when you join a medical class in Birmingham.
• Types of insurance plans
• Medical contracts and ethics
• HIPAA regulations
• Physician and hospital billing
• Medicare and Medicaid
• Electronic claims processing
• Anatomy Course
• CPC® Complete Training
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Alabama
|Herzing University -Birmingham||280 West Valley Avenue|
Birmingham, Alabama 35209
|Remington College – Mobile Campus||828 Downtowner Loop West|
Mobile, AL 36609
|Virginia College – Birmingham||488 Palisades Blvd. Birmingham, AL 35209||www.vc.edu/campus/birmingham-alabama-college.cfm|
|Virginia College – Mobile||3725 Airport Blvd., Ste. 165 Mobile, AL 36608||www.vc.edu/campus/mobile-alabama-college.cfm|
|Virginia College – Montgomery||6200 Atlanta Hwy. Montgomery, AL 36117||www.vc.edu/campus/montgomery-alabama-college.cfm|