Medical is an important part of healthcare. This service enables patients who have received various healthcare services to push the bill over to the insurance company. The insurance company will therefore reimburse the patient the cost of the medical attention he received. The patient will not determine the amount of money he gets as reimbursement, the healthcare provider does the documentation of these services after which he passes the information to the biller and coder. The biller and coder will put down all the services using appropriate industry codes which will form part of the medical claim pushed to the insurer for reimbursement.
List of Medical Insurance - School Alabama
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Billing and Coding
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Diploma
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Certificate
- Medical Office Specialist Certificate
- And more...
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration and Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Care Administration - D.B.A.
- Health Care Administration - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- And more...
Medical courses are available in most cities in Alabama and students interested in healthcare studies can easily find a school where they can pursue degree in medical . Fortunately, students are able to learn better with flexibility with which this course is offered. You can attend classes at different times of the day depending on your schedule. You can choose to attend morning or evening classes or you can consider being in the crash program. You can find Accredited Medical Schools in Montgomery, Mobile and Birmingham among other cities in Alabama.
Medical Billing & Coding Certification in Birmingham
For those students who want to make medical their career of choice, it’s good to acquire certification. Getting certification will help in distinguishing qualified practitioners from crooks. Most employers in Birmingham will go for those practitioners with Certified Professional Coder (CPC®) which is normally offered by the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC). Getting certified by this body will make you a better choice to employers.
Salaries for Medical Biller and Coder in Birmingham
The salaries for medical biller and coder in Birmigham differ with experience of the practitioners as well as the job title. Another factor that brings variation in the amount of dollars paid as salaries to a practitioner is the certification. According to a recent research, those who are certified by American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) earns 20 percent more than those not certified. However the average salary for medical specialist in Birmingham is $33,920.
List of Birmingham Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Here is a list of courses to expect when you join a medical class in Birmingham.
• Types of insurance plans
• Medical contracts and ethics
• HIPAA regulations
• Physician and hospital billing
• Medicare and Medicaid
• Electronic claims processing
• Anatomy Course
• CPC® Complete Training
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Alabama
|Herzing University -Birmingham||280 West Valley Avenue|
Birmingham, Alabama 35209
|Remington College – Mobile Campus||828 Downtowner Loop West|
Mobile, AL 36609
|Virginia College – Birmingham||488 Palisades Blvd. Birmingham, AL 35209||www.vc.edu/campus/birmingham-alabama-college.cfm|
|Virginia College – Mobile||3725 Airport Blvd., Ste. 165 Mobile, AL 36608||www.vc.edu/campus/mobile-alabama-college.cfm|
|Virginia College – Montgomery||6200 Atlanta Hwy. Montgomery, AL 36117||www.vc.edu/campus/montgomery-alabama-college.cfm|