Do you enjoy working on the computer and doing data entry? Would you like to become a part of the medical industry without having patient contact? If so, check out a few medicinal coding & billing schools in Pennsylvania and start a new career.
List of Medical Insurance - Billing and Coding School Pennsylvania
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood Career Institute focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Diploma
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Billing and Coding
No matter what occupation you choose to pursue, the competition for a good job is fierce. Lansdale School of Business (LSB) can help you stand out from the rest by teaching you the specific skills you need to succeed in the career you desire.
- Diploma-Billing and Coding Specialist
- Diploma-Medical Administrative Specialist
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Coding & Reimbursement Specialist
- Medical Coding & Billing
- Associate-Medical Office Technologies
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Computer Systems Specialist - Associate
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Working as a medicinal coder and biller requires training, particularly at an accredited school. Choosing a school accredited by agencies like the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) can make the difference when you’re seeking employment. These types of programs also give you the right training and prepare you for employment.
As a student in an accredited medicinal coding & billing program, you can expect to complete office courses, some medical courses and a supervised internship to gain hands-on training in a medicinal office. Some medical coding & billing programs offer diplomas and others offer degrees, usually taking six months to two years to complete.
Medical Coding & Billing Certification in Pennsylvania
Florida does not require certification of its medicinal coders and bills, but it can be obtained voluntarily through a couple of different organizations. Certifications that are available include Certified Coding Specialist, Certified Professional Biller, Certified Professional Coder, and Certified Coding Associate, as well as several that cover specific work places such as outpatient hospitals or physician offices. To obtain certification, you need to pass an examination with agencies such as he AHIMA and the AAPC.
Salaries for Medicinal Coding and Billing Specialists in Pennsylvania
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics lists medicinal coders and billers under the category of medical records and health information technicians and states that these professionals working in Pennsylvania earned a mean annual wage of $34,700 as of May 2012. Salary.com reported that medicinal billing clerks in Philadelphia earned an annual median wage of $35,214 as of March 2014. These wages vary from city to city and can be affected by competition, level of training, years of experience and the employer.
List of Pennsylvania Medical Billing Coding School Programs
Medical Coding and Billing Certificate – 1 year – Bucks County Community College – Newton, Pennsylvania
Advanced Medical Coder/Medical Biller Occupational Associate Degree – 17 ½ months (1,500 hours) – Career Training Academy – Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Medicinal Insurance Coding Specialist/Coder Certificate – 12 months - Community College of Allegheny County – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Medical Office Assistant/Coder Diploma – 9 months - Great Lakes Institute of Technology – Erie, Pennsylvania
Medicinal Coding Certificate – 2 semesters - Montgomery County Community College – Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
More Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Penssylvania
|All-State Career School – Essington||50 W. Powhattan Avenue|
Essington, PA 19029
|Anthem Institute – Springfield||400 S. State Road|
Springfield, PA 19064
|Bucks County Community College||275 Swamp Road|
Newtown PA, 18940
|Butler County Community College||107 College Dr, Butler, |
|Career Training Academy||950 Fifth Avenue|
New Kensington, PA 15068
|Clarion University – Venango Campus||40 Wood Street, |
Clarion, PA 16214
|Community College of Allegheny County||595 Beatty Rd, |
Monroeville, PA 15146
|Drexel University||3141 Chestnut Street, |
Philadelphia, PA 19104
|Education and Technology Institute||219 Donohoe Rd, |
Greensburg, PA 15601
|Erie Business Center||246 West Ninth Street |
Erie, PA 16501
|Everest Institute – Pittsburg||100 Forbes Ave., Ste 1200 |
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
|Forbes Road Career and Technology Center||607 Beatty Rd, |
Monroeville, PA 15146
|Fortis Institute – Erie||5757 West 26th Street|
Erie, PA 16506
|Great Lakes Institute of Technology||5100 Peach Street|
Erie, Pennsylvania 16509
|Greater Altoona Career Technology Center||1500 4th Ave, |
Altoona, PA 16602
|Indiana County Technology Center||441 Hamill Rd, |
Indiana, PA 15701
|Keystone Technical Institute||2301 Academy Drive, |
Harrisburg, PA 17112
|Lehigh Carbon Community College||4525 Education Park |
Dr, Schnecksville, PA 18078
|Luzerne County Community College||1333 S Prospect St, |
Nanticoke, PA 18634
|McCann School of Business and Technology||2200 N Irving St, |
Allentown, PA 18109
|Newport Business Institute||945 Greensburg Rd, New |
Kensington, PA 15068
|Northampton County Area Community College||3835 Green Pond Rd |
Bethlehem, PA 18020
|Northwest Regional Technology Institute||3104 State Street |
Erie, PA 16508
|Penn Commercial Business Technical School||242 Oak Spring Rd.|
Washington, PA 15301
|Pennsylvania Highlands Community College||101 Community College Way,|
Johnstown, PA 15904
|Pennsylvania Institute of Health and Technology||1015 Industrial Park Drive, |
Mt Braddock, PA 15465
|Pennsylvania Institute of Technology||800 Manchester Avenue, |
Media, PA 19063-4089
|Pittsburg Technical Institute||1111 McKee Road |
Oakdale, PA 15071
|Prism Career Institute||8040 Roosevelt Blvd.|
Philadelphia, PA 19152
|Prism Career Institute – Egg Harbor Township||Bayport One Building|
8025 Black Horse Pike
West Atlantic City, NJ 08232
|Sanford-Brown Institute – Trevose||3600 Horizon Blvd #300, |
Feasterville-Trevose, PA 19053
|Somerset County Technology Center||281 Technology |
Dr. Somerset, PA 15501
|Susquehanna County Career and Technology Center||1 Schoolhouse Rd , |
Dimock, PA 18816, 18816
|YTI Career Institute||2900 Fairway Drive,|
Altoona, PA 16602